“A favorite place but reluctant to write about it” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Stratham, New Hampshire
“A favorite place but reluctant to write about it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a new favorite place of mine but one I almost didn't want to write about on Trip Advisor as it is a wonderful but small gem and we would hate to see long lines develop here. This cafe seves breakfast and lunch and is open year round. Though it's access is right on US Route 1 in North Hampton NH it sits far enough back off the road that most drivers will never see it. It is a small building that sits on the side of the Hampton Airfield - an active local airport for recreational pilots. The cafe is nice and warm in the morning sun and the large windows on 2 sides allows people to watch the planes take off and land while enjoying your meal. The planes pull up right next to the building to refuel letting you see them up close. This is a must-see place if you have small children as they will be mesmerized by the airport activity. During warm weather there are outdoor tables as well permitting you to savor your meal alfresco! The local pilots are all pleased to show off their planes and talk about their passion for flying to anybody who is curious. This is a favorite place for locals who know to arrive early on weekends. As for the food, I think it is very good and I have nothing bad to say. The menu is pretty standard but I think that the airfield traffic is the main draw here. If you are local then you should add it to your list. If you are visiting then definitely give it a try but expect a wait during typical tourist seasons.

Visited April 2014

Concord, New Hampshire
“Home cooking - wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

A friend and I had breakfast here in February, and it was wonderful. It's a small place right at the Hampton Airport which is actually in North Hampton, and off Route 1. The place is small and altho the parking lot was full, there were plenty of tables to accommodate everyone. On this Monday morning, the place was packed with local people, which is always a good sign. Their breakfast menu has a lot of the standard but delicious-looking fare including create your own omelets which I liked. My omelet was perfect and the home fries plentiful and done to perfection. My friend had the salmon eggs benedict which also received a big thumbs up. Staff was very attentive. We were offered coffee by several different wait staff so everyone seemed to be taking care of everyone. It's also a kids friendly place.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newmarket, New Hampshire
“Great breakfast, service, location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went here today simply because 1. we didn't know if we wanted breakfast or lunch and they serve both all day and 2. we thought our nearly 3 YO would like the planes.

Well, we all got breakfast, we saw 0 planes take off or land and it was great regardless!

Service was great - we were seated quickly at about 11 AM on a Sunday. My husband got the sausage and gravy biscuits w/2 eggs over easy and they were all delish. I got my all time favorite breakfast which is hash (or Irish) benedict with home fries. For me the hollandaise often makes the benny and the hollandaise here was awesome (very buttery and rich) and they gave me just enough - not too little or too much. The hash, though seemingly from a can (which I am fine with) was great too. The waitress even asked if I wanted it "crispy" (well, YEAH!). The english muffins were grilled perfectly as well.

The homefries were standouts too as they had a ton of fresh herbs in them - unusual for any diner-ish breakfast place. They were cooked perfectly. My daughter had a pancake and a side of bacon. Crispy bacon, yummy pancake, she was happy. My only complaint would be that we asked for some whipped cream on her pancake as a special treat as we have had to go out to eat a lot lately and she has been an angel - and they forgot it. Whatever, she is 3 and didn't know we had even ordered it so it wasn't a big deal. I didn't even check the check to see if we were charged as it was $.50 and I am not about to haggle over 2 quarters. They were busy and everything else was great so no biggie.

Service was also excellent and we plan to go back since we are moving to the area (Newmarket, NH). I can't wait to try some other menu items.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
boston
“kids loved watching the planes take off and land”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Location is as stated in the name... on the airfield. The kids loved watching the planes take off and land, and it kept them occupied while we waited for our breakfast. The food was excellent. I had crabcakes benedict and they we excellent. I was real crab meat and made fresh. The kids had mickey mouse chocolate pancakes and they were large delicious portions

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Hidden Jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Lived in Hampton for 7 years and never ventured to the Airfield before. What a great surprise, great decor, super value, good food. The kids had fun watching the planes. Large tables for families are good. Looking forward to going back in the summer an sitting outside on the patio. Definitely recommended.

Visited November 2013