“You guy'zez? Huh???” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“You guy'zez? Huh???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Our 4th visit to this establishment. I called ahead for a party of 5 (as they do not accept reservations). Once we arrived, I was told it would be an hour wait - what?? The time immediately decreased to a 1/2 hour. The hostess approached us and announced "you guy'zez table is ready - what did she say???? I had chicken Marsala :-(, meatloaf was superb, ckn piccata & veal parm and ckn parm all good. Just gotta get past the vocabulary. Go, it's good & a great value.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Great food fair price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good food great price.I'm not much of a resturaunt conosur but i know good food when i have it.We go here when we want a good meal.In this economy going out to eat is not an everyday occurance.When we do go out we want to make sure our dollars spent are worth it.I have never had a bad meal here in all the years i've bin going.There is always too much food for a reasonable price.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berwick,ME
“won't be retuning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been going to Ronald's since the were down on Hampton Beach that's going way back and then to Methuen ,MA. Well I don't know what happened to the Ronaldo's that I remember but this was finally the last time I will be going there I gave them more than a couple chances, especially for the price. We ordered the Seafood Alfredo and the special Short Ribs(pot roast) so disappointed I think that there must of been about 1 cup of linguine in the Alfredo, I have had better meals at Olive Garden and that's not saying much and half the money The food had absolutely no seasoning and I have been a chef for 23 years and those were not short ribs.
RONALD'S WHAT HAPPENED?

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
N.H.
“Disappointing :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Taste buds were all set for a nice, basic pasta with meat sauce. We had been to Ronaldo's years past and remembered it as fairly forgettable but decided to try again since we like to give business to our local eateries.
My husband ordered lasagna and when our dishes arrived, we were immediately disappointed. My sauce tasted like it had been cooked for weeks (not in a good way) and the meat was hard to find. Tiny, tiny bits of ground beef - a joke of a meat sauce. My husband's dish tasted like a frozen Stouffer's.
When the waitress cleared our dishes she asked if I wanted to take mine home (I had eaten maybe 4 bites) - when I said "no thank you" she didn't ask if something was wrong. Either didn't care or is used to hearing this.
Cooking good Italian food isn't rocket science. And the mark-up is definitely in the restaurant's favor, even if fresh, quality ingredients are used. Since our meals weren't cheap, this long-standing local establishment should be ashamed at the quality they serve.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Not very good and expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We entered hoping that we had found a good little Italian Restaurant. We ordered basic food and none of it was very good. The bread was awful, the salad was bottle dressing and the red sauce on our entrees was lackluster and boring. The service was friendly but a little slow. The atmosphere is basic Italian with Sinatra in the background. The more complex dishes were far too expensive for us to consider. I almost considered giving this only 2 stars because of the food.

• Visited April 2013