“Fine Hotel with a few comments” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Ottawa, Canada
“Fine Hotel with a few comments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Location, room quality, breakfast, air conditioning, beds and parking were very good. A safe bet for a family. TV reception was surprisingly fuzzy but still OK to watch. I'd go back in a minute.

One thing that annoyed me was the person (who I will not identify) who ignored me when I walked up to the check-in counter. If I had another choice I would have walked out. All the other staff were first rate.

This is a fairly small operation, and I like these types. Very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review good and things to work on. Great news, Direct TV has been put on the property and the last part of the Renovation has been completed. No more fuzzy TV's. We are all excited about that! I'm sorry that you had a bad experience at the front desk, I do apologize. I do thank you for staying . We are looking forward to you next stay and it is always the goal of the property to serve you. Thank you again, for all your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Cumberland, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The room was good in that it was recently redone but the TV reception was horrible with a snowstorm on many channels. The breakfast was good but the seating area was so overcrowded that we had to take it back to our room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear ktpc2005,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to hear that you liked our room accommodations. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We are very sorry to hear about the problems with television and breakfast area. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Convenient hotel for exploring the White Mountains with large rooms and easy ubication. Free wifi and breakfast a plus. Next to malls on the road. Parking outside in front of the hotel. Prices a bit too high, but that's common for the region

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The hotel is located in a great spot close to restaurants, outlet shopping, and all the exciting things to do in the Mt Washington Valley.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Hope you can come visit again in the future.
East Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Arrived at this hotel after traveling 200 miles. This room was already paid for mind you. I check into the room and it smells like a cigar lounge the smell of smoke was terrible. Please keep in mind that I have a 2 year old and a pregnant wife. I go downstairs to the lobby and ask for a different room and they told me they could not accommodate me and my family. I asked for a refund they also said no. I told them they could keep the room . I had enough and I was not paying for another 130 for a hotel room so me my pregnant wife and cranky two year old made the 200 mile trek home. If you have any sense please do not stay here. Go across the street to Settlers green or any other hotel

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for writing a review and also reaching out to me at the hotel. We were able to refund your reservation as I stated in my email back to you. Making a reservation can present some challenging areas especially when you want a certain type of room. We suggest that even though you make a reservation please contact the hotel to confirm that it is exactly what you want. We do appreciate your statement and hope you will give us another try.
Providence
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

First of all we stayed here after another hotel made a mistake with out booking and we were sent here. The rooms are clean however we noticed an odor throughout the hotel. It smelled like mildew or old cloths. No other way to explain it. What really bothered us was the extremely poor TV reception. I haven't seen snowy analogue TV since the 1980's. The hotel blamed it on the cable company but said it couldn't be helped because the cable company was still in the analogue age. Free breakfast was good but very overcrowded and difficult to get a seat. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: I hope you don't need to watch tv while in the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank for taking the time to let us know about your thoughts. I'm sorry that you feel that you would not stay with us again. We are working on our TV reception as it is the last leg of our renovation. As for the smell on the first floor many times you might smell the bromine from the pool. Some guest can smell it and most don't. I do hope that you might reconsider and try us again.
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I like this chain...the rooms are big,clean and the beds are comfy...the breakfasts fulsome and you get a seat ...and this hotel even had a small pool.

Paul on the front desk needs to be a lot more welcoming, but other than that, a good value stay, thank you Holiday Inn.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. They were so kind. We will be looking forward to your visit again,.

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Conway? Share your experiences!