“Awesome Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of North Conway Grand Hotel

Save Saved
You added North Conway Grand Hotel to your Saves list
North Conway Grand Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 16 at Settlers' Green Outlet Village, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #17 of 25 hotels in North Conway
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Ok...Here goes.......OH MY GOD! I don't know what is with some of the bad reviews I have read on this hotel..the people who are writing bad reviews must be CRAZY...but i am so glad that I made my own choice to stay here.....it was WONDERFUL!!! I don't know where to begin......first off, Deb at the desk was friendly and a pleasure.....she even recommended places for dinner for my boyfriend and I to go too (which we were very pleased with! Thank you Deb!!) The hotel was very accommodating ...we were scheduled to check in on a Wednesday but due to a death in the family and having to be home for the wake and funeral on Thursday, we thought we were going to have to cancel our trip all together....but I called a few days before to see if we could arrive earlier.....they changed our reservations with no problem! I had requested a room with a view of the mountains since we were celebrating a birthday and it was also my boyfriends first time in New Hampshire....not only did they give us the view we asked for on the 4th floor but they also upgraded us to a room with a jacuzzi in it!! What a great surprise!! The rooms were A+ clean and so was the whole hotel.....I loved the lobby....and we had breakfast brunch in the restaurant, which was great. I can't say a bad thing about this hotel.....and I could go on forever writing about it......now when ever I go to New Hampshire I wouldn't even consider checking on staying anywhere else.....THIS PLACE IS IT!! We even said if we didn't have to get back home we would have asked to book an additional night....we are already talking about going back to see the foliage in the fall.....and I know where we are booking!!! I will recommend this place to all of my family and friends.....really give this place a shot.....it will be well worth it......not to mention right out the front door you are a couple of steps away from all the outlets.....the only thing I missed seeing at the hotel was the fire pit lit.....but i will make sure I see it when I go back!!! AWESOME, AWESOME HOTEL!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

795 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Québec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

We go to North Conway 3-4 times a year and we like to stay at the Grand Hotel because we are familiar now with the environment, we are glad to see again the staff very kind. The hotel is clean, and there are two swimming pools a little crowded during the week-end but very quiet in the middle of the week. We also appreciate the nearness of the outlets, we can go shopping on foot. For our family, staying at Grand Hotel is part of our holidays in North Conway.
E.P.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
new hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Upon check in our room was ready and so were we.Having saved for weeks for our trip.We do not use credit cards and operate on a cash only basis.This is due to personal financial hardship.My son is 10 and was beyond excited.Then we met the hotel problem child "Joyce",at check in.My husband had actually drove up to the hotel a week earlier and paid cash for our room to hold it for us,a one night stay.We were asked for a credit card.When we explained we did not have one,Joyce rudely announced to all within an 8 mile radius to "TURN OFF EVERYTHING IN THE ROOM".Since we did not have the means to charge anything.We explained that we had no intention of charging anything any way.Needless to say it was humiliating.WE both wanted to walk out.If not for our son and his sad and bewildered face,we would have.A top manager discussed the issue with my husband and was kind ,considerate, and understanding.Our stay turned out a joyful and pleasant experience.The front desk of any Grand Hotel requires staff that are above average,certainly NEVER below average.People may not remember what you do,but they always remember how you make them feel.We again had saved for weeks for the trip and had plenty of cash to spend at the hotel for our short one night stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Manahawkin, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Our last two nights of our vacation were spent at this hotel. I knew that it was geared more towards children, and of course, the shopping outlets. But, it appeared to me that the hotel was understaffed, and there were no restrictions for the children. The room was nice, relatively clean, although the shower head situation was a bit confusing. My husband and I did not like it at all, and we are usually pretty easygoing about things. What I really did not appreciate was this---after our first night there, I left the room at 12:30 in the afternoon, and when we came back at 6:30, our room had not been touched. I called the front desk, and they got someone right up there, but that never should happen. We then went downstairs for dinner, and there was a party going on in another room. They were still seating people in the room by the bar, but we barely received any service. We were just done with dinner, and they did not even ask us if we wanted another drink or dessert or coffee, they just left us the check! It seems that the whole hotel was understaffed, or that they were having trouble working a party and taking care of customers at the same time.

The hotel looks great, great location to shopping, the great little town of North Conway, and skiing, but, it needs a lot of internal work.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
New Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

We really enjoyed this hotel stay a lot...we stayed in a one bedroom suite which was great with kids, we liked that the pull-out was also in the bedroom. The room decor could definitely use an update and could have been a bit cleaner but was more than acceptable if not pristine. Loved that the outlets were right outside the door...just wish they were open later. The kids loved the game room, movie room and most of all the 4 season outdoor pool! that was a big hit. I agree with some of the reviews that the front desk service could have been a bit better but all in all we really liked this hotel and would go back again for sure.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

My family (spouse, twin toddlers) stayed at this Hotel for two nights while visiting Story Land. The service was awful from the time we arrived, until our departure. There was never any staff to answer questions or assist w/anything. There are no lifeguards at any of the over crowded pools, the rooms and air conditioning unit's are very old, so made it very hard to sleep (and apparently there were no fans available). We never felt like guest's at this hotel, and contemplated leaving after the first night, even though we had already paid in full. We like to travel often, & I could say this was likely the worst hotel stay we have had in a long time. I would not stay at any of the other locations in this chain of hotels (I think there are four)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
srnhg, Owner at North Conway Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2010
Dear Permd,

Thank you for your review of the North Conway Grand Hotel.

Our hotel is often very very busy in the summer months. We apologize if you were not able to immediately get ahold of a staff member at all times. However, if you leave a message with our front desk, a staff member will respond to you as quickly as possible.

We take safety very seriously at the North Conway Grand Hotel and we expect parents to watch their children in the pools. In addition to the pools at the hotel, we have a large number of other great family activities, including our movie room, our new playground, daily visits with Monty the Moose, a restaurant with a children’s menu, ice cream socials, a game room and more. We hope that you were able to explore some of these activities with your toddlers.

We appreciate your business and hope you will return to the North Conway Grand Hotel.
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I stay on average for a weeks skiing holiday, sometimes two, every year for the last seven years.

Its my favourite hotel in the world, I live in a hotel in Dubai, so I speak with experience

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to North Conway Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!