“Happy Traveler” 5 of 5 stars
Review of North Conway Grand Hotel

You added North Conway Grand Hotel to your Saves list
North Conway Grand Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 16 at Settlers' Green Outlet Village, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
boston ma
“Happy Traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was our first time at the Grand Hotel. The experience was great. The girls at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and the bed very comfortable. They have 3 different pools and at night they have a fire pit going. We had a great dinner and drinks at the bar in the hotel. Bartender was friendly and we had a good time having conversations with him. You can walk to Settlers Green outlet stores which is very helpful. Would love to come back with the entire family so all the grandkids could have fun. They also have a playground next to the pool area. When staying in North Conway this will be the place that we stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
West Boylston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The hotel is extremely clean and comfortable and the grounds are beautiful. The hotel is located within Settlers Green Outlet Village! Walking distance to great outlet stores. The staff was helpful. Upon arrival they could not locate my reservation for 3 rooms. I provided my confirmation page from Priceline and when the hotel called their (the hotels) guest services they told the front desk that I had canceled my reservation. This was found to be a hotel error. They quickly found us three rooms, gave us a better rate and seven complimentary breakfast passes. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and Joe our waiter was very nice and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our family had a total of 4 rooms and they were scattered about the hotel. The hotel seemed to have...
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My family recently stayed here during the week of the the 4th of July. It is probably one of the most expensive weeks to travel to North Conway and we usually stay at the Fox Ridge, however, we were unable to get a family room this year. I had stayed at the North Conway Grand a long time ago when it was the Four Points Sheraton. I remember it being a decent hotel and right next door to the shopping area so we decided to give it a try even though it was a different owner (which it has been for a long time).

The good stuff

1. Room size - We got a family suite which was a very large multi room area consisting of a small kitchen area with full size fridge, sink and microwave, a dining area and a living room with TV. All of this was in an open area design. The master bedroom was a separte room with a king size bed and a couch with TV. The overall space provided enough room for my family (me, wife and our 7 and 4 year old boys).

2. Pools - The hotel has a nice assortment of indoor and outdoor pools. The indoor pool has a hot tub at one end as does the main outdoor pool. Both were kept at temperatures cool enough for young kids to go into. There is a second small pool for kids that has a bunch of fountains for the kids to play in. We spent most of the time at the outdoor pools.

3. restaurant - we only ate at the restauraunt for breakfast so i can;t comment on dinner but the buffet was excellent both days we went there. We paid for 2 adults and kids ate free. Overall, it saved me about $10 compred to paying for all 4 to eat at Peaches or similar place. The buffet had a huge assortment of food that satisfied everyone.

The bad

1. Check in - I was so pissed at check in that I was about to tell the hotel to..well...I won't say it here but I was pissed. Why? Well, check in is at 4pm and we arrived at 3:15pm. I was hoping to check in early but was told the room wasn;t quite ready and to come back at 4. No problem, I understood. I went back at 4:15 and the room was still not ready. Seriously....this was a Monday evening and somehow the room was not ready yet. To the staff's benefit, they did offer to store our luggage and give us access to the pools but we decided to head to the center of town and do some sightseeing. I finally got a call at 5pm to tell me the room was ready. And hour past check in time. For $280 a night in North Conway, the family suite should be the FIRST room they clean. So they need to improve the cleaning service...more on that next.

2. Room cleanliness - 95% of the room was in very good condition when we checked in. There was a stain on one of the couches and when I went to flip it, I found that the other side was even more stained. But again, no biggie. However, my wife found that all around the bottom of the toilet in the bathroom was dried pee stains. Yup. The cleaning crew apparently didn;t feel it necessary to clean around the toilet. I walked to the front desk and explained to the woman working their that our toilet was rather nasty and could they please make sure the cleaning crew is aware of it and clen it in the morning. The woman was horrified and said she would. Fast forward to our arrival back to the hotel the next day and the pee stains were still there! I called the front desk and complained again but told them I was going to clean it as my wife was really grossed out.

Also, for some strange reason, we had 1 and 1/4 rolls of toilet paper on the main rolls in the bathroom with one extra roll left on top of the toilet. We finished the 1/4 roll but the cleaning people never put the extra roll onto the dispenser when the cleaned the next day. I guess that is our job to do that...

3. Pull out beds - The room is marketed as a family suite but there is only one bedroom. Both couches are pull out couches offering a queen size bed. While OK in theory, if we were trying to have older kids or adults sleep on those beds, there would have been a lot of unhappy people in the morning. The pull out beds have more coils sticking you in the back then they do padding. A little bit on construction in the family room and you can probably make a second bedroom with proper beds (maybe get rid of the dining area??). The king size bed was OK for comfort. typical of most hotels.

4. Bathroom size - Ok...for such a large family suite, this had to be one of the samllest bathrooms I have ever seen in a hotel! Bathing kids was difficult due to the limited space in there (and trying to avoid pee stained floors!). Not sure if this is fixable but be prepared for small bathrooms!

Overall, we enjoyed most of our stay here. The above negatives will make us think really hard about booking here again. The large rooms, convienient location and pool areas, while very nice, can quickly become overshadowed by the negatives I mentioned. My wife was almost ready to walk out due to the bathroom issues as that can pose health issues but we decided to focus on the good stuff. Our kids had fun at the pools and arcade, we ate good food and we didn;t have any issues with noise at the hotel. But, at the price this cost me per night, there is a lot of other places we can stay. In fact we made a list of a bunch of places we can try in the future if our normal plans don;t work out.

Room Tip: Family room was at the end of the hotel and was near the pool areas. While it never bothered us, I...
North reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights. It was great the pools and playground are great for kids. It was such a great trip I can't wait to go back. Perfect location to do whatever you want. The lobby is very welcoming and the staff is very nice and helpful. It was an awesome experience I will always stay at this hotel when I go to North Conway!

Stayed July 2014
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed at the resort for the 4th of July weekend. The location was the best. We have stayed at many area hotels and this one certainly was one of the better. There were a few things though... 1. The fitness center closed at 10pm. Not really sure why since it was its own room. I like to work out after my family goes to bed and this did not work for me. 2. The room we stayed in was very large with plenty of room for us, but, there was a very strong food odor that we just could. to eliminate. The bed was also very very firm and not the most comfortable. The linens were nice though. 3. Not sure why but during our first night, we were kept awake by a screaming child. Not sure if the child was in the room next door or in the hall but either way, there was little noise protection. You could hear everything in the room we were on. We were near an elevator so that might have been the reason.
The staff was very nice and professional. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was very good. The waiter was very busy as there were only 2 people working that night but he did a fantastic job and we felt he was very attentive.
As I said before the location was the BEST. Walk out the hotel and you walked right into the outlet area. Drive a very short distance, utilizing the back roads, we were in town. We would certainly stay again just would ask for a room away from the elevators.

Room Tip: Away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Second time at this hotel. Super kid friendly hotel that offered various activities to entertain our 4 year old twins. Hotel was clean, friendly and courteous staff and great indoor and outdoor pools.

Holden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My family and I stayed at the hotel while visiting Santa's Village and Storyland for the weekend. The hotel was perfect. My kids especially loved the cookies and lemonade in the lobby, as well as the moose, wolf, and bear! Our room was spotless, spacious and everyone had plenty of room, even with 2 small children and 2 adults. The hotel is conveniently located only minutes from Storyland and right in the middle of the outlets, which provided me with some entertainment after spending the day in Santa's Village! We stayed at the hotel for dinner. The decor is fun, especially being in the White Mountains. My kids felt like they were in a wilderness cabin. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We have stayed at their other hotels and have had incredible experiences at each one. The customer service is consistently excellent. We are looking forward to our next trip here and hoping to stay a few more nights.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to North Conway Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!