“Conveniently Located and very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of North Conway Grand Hotel

You added North Conway Grand Hotel to your Saves list
North Conway Grand Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 16 at Settlers' Green Outlet Village, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Aylmer Quebec
“Conveniently Located and very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We tried the North Conway Grand hotel for the first time this visit. With so many hotels in the area, we usually try a new hotel whenever we return.

This hotel is conveniently located and quite comfortable. Staff was pleasant.

There is a restaurant located on the premises which made meals and breakfast an easy choice.

Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Norwood, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

It started off on the phone with Neil. He was charming, friendly and very helpful. The place we usually stay was sold out so we tried this hotel. We loved it! The location couldn't be better, we walked to all the stores. We were there for a charity function and needed numerous rooms. The hotel accommodated us in every way. We used their lovely Canterberry Room for our silent auction. The waitress was wonderful as the bids for our auction came pouring in. The food was very good too. Our room had a nice view, king size bed, microwave and refrigerator. It was clean and comfy. We loved the big heated pool and hot tub. The huge firepit was a nice touch as well. I highly recommend the North Conway Grand next time you are visiting North Conway. Check out the incredible art work in the lobby by salvage artist Tom Dieninger.

Room Tip: If you are staying longer than a day you need to call housekeeping if you want your room serviced. I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Westwood, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on May 3-6 2013. My group and I used the Cantebury function room which was lovely.
I worked very closely with the function manager, April Jacobs. She was so accommodating and really went above and beyond to make sure our event was perfect. I can't thank April enough for her dedication.
Also I would like to thank Neil at the front desk. He was really helpful to my group.
If you have an event at this hotel you won't be disappointed.
The rooms were very nice. The beds were comfortable, Free Wifi which is so important. Mini fridge in every room. Free coffee and delicious cookies in the lobby everyday. Really nice bar and lounge with tv's. We ordered appetizers and the chicken wings were delicious.
Our group enjoyed the outdoor pool.
What I loved the most about this hotel is that the location is fantastic. You can walk to all the outlets at Settlers green and you can also walk to several restaurants as well. I would definitely stay at this hotel on my next trip to North Conway.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 352 and it overlooked a fountain which was pretty.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bangor,Me
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better location....walking distance to shopping outlets. Rooms were decent, comfortable beds. Kids loved the heated outdoor pool and us parents loved the hot tub. Perfect relaxation after shopping! Buffet breakfast had lots to choose from and kids eat free. Will definitely stay there again when we're in the area.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

When we got there at 10:30pm on a Friday night we were given a room on the first floor. We went to our room and it was for a handicapped person. I didn't feel comfortable staying in there so I called the front desk. Not only did they move us but we were upgraded. Very nice of them as we were there to celebrate my husband's birthday. The rooms could use some serious updating. Although nice, they aren't very modern. The breakfast buffet has something for everyone and is well priced as it included unlimited juice and coffee. The restaurant for lunch and dinner lacked decent choices and the bar had a next to none martini selection. BE WARE, if you pay with your debit card the put a $50 hold on the card which was not articulated to me. We of course went outlet shopping and not factoring that into my purchases - I had serious issues. The management was less than helpful with this but the hotel itself was nice.

Room Tip: If you are looking to outlet shop, you can walk to the mail shopping area from the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Falmouth, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is a great value and very family friendly. Took daughter and best friend to North Conway over April vacation. Got a great rate on hotel! Includes free breakfast for kids with one paying adult. Breakfast buffet was fabulous! Hot and cold foods, fresh fruit salad every day. Can't go wrong :-) Hotel has three pools: one indoor and two outdoor - year round outdoor pools! Also, kids activities and movie night every evening. Conveniently located at Settler's outlet mall and less than 2 miles from indoor water park. For a fun getaway, go to the North Conway Grand. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Hereford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

On arrival we tried to book in at 1330 and were told not till 1500 - fair enough but on arriving back at 1520 we were told that our rooms were not ready and they had no idea when they would be and really could not careless about it . We said we would come back at 1630 and would expected them to be ready as we had been travelling all day and still had to get our ski equipment (after we emptied the car).we arrived back at 1645 and were given rooms -we booked interconnecting and were given rooms across from each other right next to the vending machine our children were 10 and 12. On entering the room the main light in our childrens room was broken the top off and very dangerous. Not a good start to our 6 night stay which we ended up sharing with more than 400 children / teenagers. They had sold it to schools and was more like a youth hostel you could not use any of the facilities as they were full and I mean full of school children at one point I counted more than 60 children in a small outdoor pool and around the same in the other pool. As for breakfast it was like feeding time at a zoo and school dinners mixed in - NOT What I expected or paid for. Two nights we tried to eat in restaurant and were told that we could not only the bar - this was because they had over 400 school children to feed ( bar right next to restaurant so really peaceful - Not) our children were kicked out of the bar at 9 o'clock even when we only went own to eat at 8, we waited till this time as the 400 plus teenagers would have been fed by then and in the pool and using the fire pit and all the activities that the hotel had to offer. As well as this we were woken up at least 3 times between 1130 and 3 o'clock in the morning with teenagers running up and down the corridors. We travel on a regular basis up to 4 times a year and this was the noisiest and one of the most unpleasant Hotels that i have ever stayed in. if i had wanted a youth hostel or school hotel that is what i would have booked on complaining I was told its always like this at this time of year which was not what I wanted to hear I feel the hotel was totally wrong to book a couple with two children into this mad house ( I only saw 3 other groups who were not with schools)

Room Tip: Don't go anywhere near this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to North Conway Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!