“Damp Musty Room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Green Granite Inn & Conference Center

You added Green Granite Inn & Conference Center to your Saves list
Green Granite Inn & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 White Mountain Highway, Route 16, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Londonderry
“Damp Musty Room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stay here every year. It's usually fine. This time the room was damp. The bed was WET! I let the front desk know, and they said they were sorry to hear it. I was very disappointed, and it was VERY hard to sleep in these conditions.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
pembroke, ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Friendly,clean, good size rooms. Definately needs updating. Pools need to be redone, carpets are old and need to be replaced, parking is not the greatest, and bathrooms could be updated. I would give 3 out of 5 stars for this hotel. If updated could definately be a five. I would stay here again

• Stayed August 2014
Patti W, General Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your comments and will pass them along, Thank you for staying with us.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Great location right by the outlets, lobby is full of character, nice staff, 2 great pools. Don't underestimate the outdoor pool which is cooler sure, but far less busy and has a cool fountain that adds some fun for the little ones. Our room was spacious but could have been even better with a mini fridge and/or extra table.
This place was perfect for my wife and I and our 4-year-old daughter. Not so sure I would want to stay for a week, but for a couple of days it was perfect. Good value, but furniture and decor is dated. With early morning gardeners and clean rooms etc, it's evident that this place is well-managed. Very busy at breakfast, would recommend going early. Hannaford grocery store a 2 minute walk, same as the Applebee's. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Many of our guests love the charm of our Lodge Feel Lobby.The Fact that people can walk out the doors and be right on the Outlets with over 60 stores to choose from. Thank you for the amazing comments about the staff i will be sure to pass this along. Thank you again for writing this.
Seekonk, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was going to give a TERRIBLE rating, but ELIZA at the desk is SUPER SWEET & KIND…I couldn’t do it. Also, I did bring up ALL my concerns to the GM Patti, and she did respond to my emails. However, the items that were going to be taken care of in a “few days” were not. We stayed for 8 nights, and paid over $1100…2 adults, a 1 yr old, and a 4 yr old…I brought a cot for my 4 yr old and a pack n play for my 1 yr old. I asked for a room with a fridge and microwave, as I have small children. Like allot of other ppl complaining about Priceline, the original room I paid for had none of those amenities. I paid an extra
$10.70 a night for those amenities, which to me should be standard in ANY hotel.
So here I begin my HUGE disappointing stay. I originally wanted to stay at the Conway GRAND Hotel, but staying so many nights, it was well over $1000, looking back…I should of paid the extra couple of hundred dollars. I am a ROOM SERVICE/HOTEL kinda girl, not a CAMPING/Roughing it type of girl. I literally felt like we were roughing it!!! What a drab sad room! Dark and Depressing. No main light over our table, to eat our take out at…some outlets did not work…it was a guessing game as to where to plug your iPad, phones, laptop into. We stayed across from the outdoor pool and playground (at my request) big mistake! There is such wear n tear ... which does show you are a busy place. Just isn't appealing.
First impression, the door is so filthy, the bathroom door is cracked, dirty, dust on the chair rail in the bathroom, dust in the corners, mildew stains on the shower curtain (yes it was replaced, but why should I have to ASK, it should be STANDARD) Upon walking into the room, it smells so musty, I always bring a can of Lysol spray, I literally sprayed everything, my little ones would touch, carpet, knobs, drawers, phone. The cabinets are OMG 1970’s…dark wood, dusty, drab. I had ONE fork in the drawer, ONE FORK! Can you believe it…and it was greasy. (Patti did was the dishes) I said this makes no sense, There is a sink with dish soap, but no paper towel or towels

The biggest safety problem is see, is no corner guard at the sink, for families with small children...literally poke a child in the eye, or hit their temple...especially since its so narrow to get in from the door and sink.
In regards to the rooms being DARK….the lamps do not do much in the room’s, I had to call and ask for another lamp to help…with 2 little ones, bedtime is difficult enough.
They moved my sons pack n play around, and put it closer to the TV stand….which I didn’t appreciate it….i had it away from the stand so as to not reach things, and facing the other way so that the flap would be between him and his sister, as to not wake each other up . They did make my daughters cot, folded her sheets and blanket….(after Patti had heard my concerns) they also started doing my dishes (after Patti heard my concerns) I never ever expect anyone to do my dishes or my daughters cot, that isn’t something I expect .
My mom was out of the country and we would speak every night or at least try to…she would call and leave a message, so as to I return her call….I can barely get a signal out here with my cell (which is fine) which is why I gave my mom our room number …. So one night I call the desk and ask how to retrieve my messages……I love the response …. “Follow the instructions on the phone” I replied… I DID, it says to dial 0. She said she would look into it and call me back…well I check out today, and still NO IDEA….. ridiculous! I work in customer service, when I tell someone I am going to call them back..i call them back, EVEN if I have not found out how or why…I let them know I am working on it.
Breakfast …ohhh lol. Apparently not enough chairs and tables for guests… sometimes you have to stand and wait for a table to open up… and ohh… I noticed, and so many other guest's did as well, they looked, change/move to another table, spoke in their own language ...I'm sure that were saying what I was thinking.... The fabric chairs in the breakfast room...are disgusting !!! Stains!!. The "leather" chairs are fine. It shouldn’t be this way…they should all be leather/pleather.
The stain on the bath room wall, it's still there.. (despite having told Patti, and being told the walls were wiped down) .drip of some sort near the trash, pretty gross....I can imagine what it is.

Our first morning, 2nd morning ,and 2nd afternoon, we had issues with our room key. We have to keep going to the desk to get it re-activated. Also a few days later on a Thursday night, we were told we were scheduled to check out on Thursday. I said no, were here Saturday through the following Sunday.
2nd...I say this, because I know it was ours...our first night we ordered out, ate in our room, threw away our utensils, and in the morning after housekeeping came....we came in , it was clean, went to go to the pool and my 4 yr old noticed a fork, on the ground, she actually picked it up, I said Ali ! don't touch that. then I put 2 +2 together, it was our forks from the night before... I bring this up, because they are were out there for 2 days...so the housekeeper (young girl) threw our trash out, missed her own trash, and didn't bother to pick it up Sunday morning, or even Monday morning. Tomorrow will be Tuesday, we shall see. That just looks bad! Finally someone picked it up. Patti thinks it was just the 1 in the flower bed…that she picked up…nope there was others… looks so trashy.
There was one other thing, but of course I cannot remember …. I hope this YOU in making YOUR decision.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Patti W, General Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments. It was our pleasure to try to make you stay better. We did try to correct all your needs as you presented them to the property. I will be sure to let Eliza know your comment about her. Thank you!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I bid on this hotel because I was looking for a place to crash after a Story Land trip. Once I opened the door to the room it smelled like someone had died in there. I think the original carpet was still there and the stains were scary. It was very overpriced and I wouldn't give this hotel a 2.5 star rating in comparison to the other hotels in North Conway. I wouldn't pick it again but it did serve it's purpose. I did like the location but the rooms are a turn off...

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for staying with us. Please feel free in the future if the room does not meet your needs to contact the front desk so we can try to meet you needs. I hope you had a great time at Storyland and hope you will try us again. Once again, thank you for your comments.
St-Lazare, Qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Green Granite Inn for the first time. We all had a wonderful stay. The room was very spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We really enjoyed the pool and hot tub and he breakfast was great! It was walking distance to many restaurants and all the outlets. It was the perfect location!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Our Guests love that they can walk to the outlets with over 60 stores! Im glad you had the perfect stay and hope that we see you again at the Inn soon! Thank you for taking the time to write this review!
Chepachet, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is the third time my family and I have stayed at the Green Granite, we have be very happy each time. The rooms are affordable, very clean, and a great size. They offer almost every amenity a family needs including pools, breakfast, and internet. Everything else you would need is walking distance. They are also especially helpful in assisting guest with directions and advice.

The Mooney family RI

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review! its great to hear you had a great time and enjoyed our hotel. Our staff has great knowledge of all the great things to do while staying in the White Mountains. We cant wait to see you around the Inn again eal soon!

Been to Green Granite Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!