“Showing it's age” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Green Granite Inn & Conference Center

You added Green Granite Inn & Conference Center to your Saves list
Green Granite Inn & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 White Mountain Highway, Route 16, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Showing it's age”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Green Granite Inn is really starting to show it's age. We were in one bedroom at the back of the property. It said mountain view. All I saw was a broken down bus and condos. I think the room is very overpriced and will not stay there again. The floors left our socks black from the dirt. The pocket doors were warped and hard to open and close. The tub had mold and the bathroom was poorly lit. The windows were cloudy. We were only there for one night, but we would have moved on to another hotel if we were staying longer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Patti W, General Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
I do appreciate when a person takes the time to write a review. I'm sorry that we did not meet your needs. I will be looking into the issues that you brought up. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Green Granite Inn is starting to look (and smell) a little tired and run down. It was recommended to me by the staff at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites when they were sold out. I believe they're both under the same ownership/management. The room type I was originally offered was not actually available; there was no refrigerator in the room as promised; WiFi access was poor and it took several hours before tech support could fix it; breakfast was mediocre at best - my bent plastic knife wouldn't cut the mini sausage patty; the only way of shutting down the air conditioner was to unplug it. I wouldn't go back. Front desk staff however were very helpful and did their very best to accommodate me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Patti W, General Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm sorry that we could not meet you needs. I hope you still enjoyed the Mt Washington Valley as there is so much to do here. I appreciate your constructive thoughts and we are doing projects to impove all the time. I appreciate the comments you made about the staff. That was very kind and I will be sure to let them know.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had the storyland package for one night. It was our first time to visit the area. We'll definitely be back, the kids loved their bunk beds, the hotel is right off a busy road but that didn't bother us. Please read the reviews, You'll notice a common trend, the green granite is a great place! One of the reviews said the bathrooms were small but that was fine with us. Thanks Marilyn for welcoming us . We'll be seeing You @ the Polar Express!

• Stayed August 2012
Patti W, General Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We are so glad you stayed with us on your first time to North Conway and Storyland, Many of our guest just love spending the day making memorable moments here and at Storyland. We love to hear how great our staff has been and isn’t Marilyn the Best? Cant wait to see you for polar express, and guess what? Ms. Claus heard you are coming and says hi!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My sister and I have stayed here several times in the past, and love the location as it's close to great shopping and restaurants. As noted by others, the place needs to be upgraded. The rooms are large and especially love the large bathrooms. On our last visit, we stayed in the "older part" so didn't have a mini fridge in our room. For the price, I feel all rooms should have these. Also, it would have been nice to have a mirror over the desk area. The ice machine in our area was broken, and the steps, etc could stand some new paint.

Overall, I love this place - friendly staff and a great breakfast which is included with your stay. We got to talk to Virginia on the front desk quite abit - such a friendly, helpful staff member. When in the area, I usually prefer to stay here. Hopefully, the next time I come some things will be upgraded.

Also, love the front lobby as I'm a country girl.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. The pictures are great! Memories are a big part of families and the Green Granite Inn is a place where many memories are made. I will be sure to let Virginia know the nice comments you made about her. Here at the GGI we are working on many projects to keep updating. Wish it could be faster! Looking forward to your return and sister time!
Aylmer Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have been coming to North Conway for many years. Each year we try a different hotel. NOT ANYMORE. We finally found a hotel with good old fashioned service. The staff was courteous and obviously looked at this as more than just a job. I would like to thank the breakfast cook. She served up a delicious FULL breakfast every morning. Not the stale muffins and coffee found in most other hotels. Also Marylin and Pattie for giving me a small history tour and conversation. thanks very much. We will be staying there next year. No need to search for another place to stay.
Thanks
Tim, Lynne and Alex

Room Tip: I would prefer the bottom floor next time. Simply easier to unload and load the car.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Patti W, General Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our wonderful staff! We love to share the rich history that is what makes our hotel stand out to guests. The pictures In our lobby that show The Old Green Granite Camps and how the hotel looked when it was first constructed in the early 30’s is something that we share often to our valued guests. I am so glad that you had an amazing stay and I will tell all of our staff that their hard work and courtesy has made such a great impression on our guests. We hope to see you real soon and thanks again for this terrific review!
Western ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed one night while on vacation in NH. Very friendly staff !! Nice lobby at least to me...fairly nice grounds. Area is a busy one...much like the cape in terms of traffic and amount of people..but that was expected and known before we went there. Even though busy everyone is really friendly...not your typical new england attitude exists in the Conway and lincoln areas.
Back the hotel check In and out was a breeze again super friendly...at check out manger was there and offered to take our pictures in lobby in front of the model T station wagon and the mountain lion mount....room was clean...including the bathroom, the matress was a little "springy" for my liking but we had no problem with it. Room had small fridge. There was A small common area near our room that no one was in while we were there.it had tv couches coffee table and a small book shelf with many books. The included breakfast was ok..cereal English muffins etc..had to wait a minute to get table as was busy when we went down. Our daughter went in the indoor pool just for a minute and played on playground whole I checked us out. Outdoor pool looked ok. Hotel is right on the main road but it was still quiet enough forthe area. I overheard there were 220+ guest but it did not feel busy at all at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Patti W, General Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review! We take pride in making all of our guests feel welcomed and are always attentive to your needs. It’s always a pleasure to hear that we made such a great impression on our guests. It’s so nice to hear that you enjoyed the many areas that we offer our guests to lounge and enjoy while relaxing on vacation. Hope you choose to stay with us on your next excursion to New England.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were back at the Green Granite Inn with our family this year for 3 nights. We enjoy the location close to Settler's Green, the shoppers' paradise. As remembered the rooms were clean and quite large. Our grandson loved the 2 swimming pools and the play structure.
I would suggest 2 improvements for the breakfast: sturdier utensils and fresh fruits such as bananas, strawberries, cantaloup when in season.
The staff is friendly and helpful. Al in all, an enjoyable stay.
Louise B. Ontario

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Louise, we are so glad that you came back to visit and stay at our hotel. Thank you for this great review and we will look into the suggestions that you have regarding breakfast. Hope you choose to stay with us again real soon!

Been to Green Granite Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!