We've stayed at several places in North Conway (hotels, motels, condos, etc), and had been planning at least one more visit back to Storyland before the season was over - and suddenly saw a groupon for the Fox Ridge Resort that was too good to pass up.
I nervously pulled into the resort, hoping it would be a nice place to celebrate our birthday weekend (my mother, myself and my daughter all have birthdays the same weekend!)
We were all very pleasantly surprised! Nothing over-the-top fancy, but a lot of great pluses. Two pools, free little mini golf course, resort activities all day long like yoga, popsicles at the pool for kids, etc. For an additional fee you can get tickets to an indoor water park at the affiliated Red Jacket just a couple blocks away. Big rooms, with a fridge inside the room, and a very helpful room layout (the bathroom had the tub/shower and loo, but the sink and some towels, etc were outside the bathroom, making it easier for us to get ready quickly in the morning with kids, or wind down at night.) A nice little patio is also attached to the room, with a door at the back of the room opening up to a lovely view of the mountains and the outdoor pool in the distance. Also, I didn't realize that there was a free breakfast buffet - and it was much bigger and nicer than in other area places we have stayed, with a large seating area. The place isn't super modern, but well designed with attentive staff and a fantastic location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 35 scenic acres overlooking the Moat Mountains, Puddin’ Pond, and Green Hill Nature Conservancy, Fox Ridge boasts 136 spacious guest rooms with either two queen beds or a king. Families will enjoy the extra-roomy loft and alcove rooms, and couples the romantic Jacuzzi rooms. Most rooms open onto a patio or balcony and provide spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. A complimentary full American breakfast is served daily. Poolside luncheon and family cookouts are offered in summer season. On-property amenities include large indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools, whirlpool spa, tennis, miniature golf, hiking trails, playground, and supervised children’s program in July and August. Fox Ridge offers a panoramic and private mountain setting, yet is convenient to attractions including Story Land, the Conway Scenic Railroad, and tax-free outlet shopping. And, guests of Fox Ridge have use of Kahuna Laguna, the new 40,000 square foot indoor water park located at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort one-half mile away. Kahuna Laguna features four 300 foot slides, giant wave pool, water activity tower with 150 gallon tipping bucket, kiddies center, 25 person spa, and game arcade. Please inquire about our Kahuna Laguna packages. Open from mid May through late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Fox Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fox Ridge Resort North Conway
- Fox Ridge Hotel North Conway