“Red Elephant Inn Party” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast

You added Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   28 Locust Lane, PO Box 1763, North Conway, NH 03860 (Formerly Victorian Harvest Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 23 North Conway B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Red Elephant Inn Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

First I would like to say that this trip started out with my wife and me and then grew to adding two couples who are our friends and neighbours.

We had an amazing time, the rooms were great and Rob (the owner) made us welcome into his home vice just welcoming us to his B&B. He would interact with us when we asked and didnt hide away, Brodie (his dog), was super, even got him some snacks downtown, which is super close to walk too. Although he didnt eat them right away as he was more interested in the ice cream that the women were eating, too funny. Now the thing is if you feed him during breakfast and then stop while you still have food then expect him to yelp at you, and it isnt loud and he is the best dog ever, so dont complain about nothing.

Rob will lay out the rules for you, to which one is a bottle of wine put out each night to which is for all but first come first serve, and if at all possible leave him a glass :). He went out so we drank it all.

The pool is great to relax in with a drink after a few hrs of hiking and shopping. Rob can and will point you to great places to check out and enjoy and ensures your stay with him is top notch.

People that have given bad reviews to this place must be those people that no matter how much you try they will whine about something.

Rob, Brodie from all of us from Dillingham St., that you so much for your hospitality and for the great stay.
G, F, D, G, D, R

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I wish I had known about this place earlier on in my vacationing career! The Red Elephant Inn was our first experience into the B & B world, and truth be told; I came across it on TripAdvisor randomly while looking for a special get-away for me and my wife for our first wedding anniversary. The owner Rob couldn't have been nicer. Great host! Love the boozy breakfast! Room and the Inn overall was clean and tidy. Owner Rob couldn't have been nicer. Stayed for two nights and for the price, it was a great experience! Be back as soon as we can. Thanks for everything Rob!

Loudon, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you have not ever stayed at a B and B or you you have, The Red Elephant is a must. Rob made us feel right at home and the breakfast was as good as any restaurant. The Sun set from the porch was incredible.

Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 5 days at the beginning of July in the NY room. The room was spacious with a fireplace and Jacuzzi tub. Rob gave us great advice about what to see in the area and places to eat. His breakfasts were wonderful!! We enjoyed our stay immensely and would highly recommend this B&B

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Franklin , TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was our first time in a B and B as they are not very common in our area. It was a beautiful place with a very nice room. Comfortable bed and nice furnishings, along with a very nice host.
Really loved our breakfast! My husband had his eggs and bacon and I had delicious French toast, all with special trimmings. This was our favorite place to stay on our whole trip! And the price was less than we paid for mediocre hotel rooms.

Room Tip: We booked this through hotels.com
Lincoln ri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the New Yorker room this past weekend. The room was exactly as described. We enjoyed the views, the king sized bed and the jetted tub after a long day hiking. Everything was updated and looked freshly painted. I'm a breakfast person and was not disappointed by the three course homemade breakfasts. Rob was very friendly and knowledgable, suggesting a great place for dinner when told what we were looking for. We highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Considering the Red Elephant was the first place I'd ever stayed at in America, I couldn't have done much better.

Just after we arrived, Rob, the owner, laid out the ground rules. These are the main two:

• There might be a bottle of wine left out in the evenings. If there is, you should drink it before someone else does. There'll probably be chocolate and popcorn too.

• The porch has a stunning sunset view over the mountains. You should muscle your way in on the outdoor sofa before anyone else does.

Rob's cooking was incredible. Not your usual miniscule B&B breakfast, he cooks up a three-course feast with a choice for your main course. I had delicious apple fritters with Italian cream, orange pancakes with delicious berries and too many other bits to remember. His incredibly cute dog, Brody, will quietly keep you company while you eat - adding to the inn's really homely atmosphere.

The room we stayed in (the Hippie room, I think) was lovely. A nice wood-burning fire in the corner, old skis propped up in the corner and one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on in a B&B.

Rob catered for all our needs; he let us borrow a bottle of mosquito repellent for our day's hiking up nearby Mount Kearsarge (we still nearly stepped on a snake, mind...), and he gave us some excellent recommendations for dinner and things to see nearby.

I've not even mentioned that the building itself is beautiful, packed full of local information and away from the main North Conway street. I've probably gushed enough - but I think all that's left to say is that if you want a nice homely stay in North Conway, make the Red Elephant your first choice. I'll stick some photos of a breakfast and our room up on here once I've posted this review.

Thanks for a brilliant welcome, Rob!

Tim

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!