“Room with a view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   28 Locust Lane, PO Box 1763, North Conway, NH 03860 (Formerly Victorian Harvest Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 27 North Conway B&B and Inns
“Room with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We had fantastic views from our attic room and found our host to be very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was really excellent with a creative variety of dishes - italian donuts, blue berry buttermilk muffins, bananas with peanut butter yoghurt etc. The only thing to be aware of is that our room at least (country quilts) had different decor to that shown on the website, more modern, less cozy.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Our one night stay at the Red Elephant Inn was a very pleasant experience from the moment we arrived till we departed Rob's hospitality was 1st class. Rob's cooked breakfast is excellent, great choices to pick from.
We stayed in the Neiman Marcus room which was cozy and very clean, the Library is a great place to relax and enjoy a coffee/tea or glass of wine which is on offer daily.
Would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
North Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

When I picture a romantic, cozy little Inn....someplace to escape to and forget it all for a while......the Red Elephant totally blew me away this past weekend and then some. As soon as we got there, the Innkeeper Rob was at the front door with his cute pooch Brody. It was 1st class service from the second we walked in. We were offered Wine and were given a tour. Rob was very down to earth and gave us a recomendation for a romantic dinner. The Room was very clean, cozy and the breakfast the next morning was UNBELIEVABLE. My eggs were scrambled with cream cheese and chives! The Italian Zeppole's were to die for.....I am STILL dreaming about them they were so delicious ;)

We stayed in the New York Room. I don't want to tell you too much because then they'll be no surprises but the fireplace/jacuzzi added a little extra something special to our stay ;) I woke up in the morning to a view of the mountains which was beautiful. I will definately be back.....perhaps next time by myself, with the girls or again for a little romantic getaway. I just LOVED this place!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Red Elephant for two nights and had a wonderful time. This is the first B&B my wife and I have stayed at and found this place perfect for us. I was often put off by the B&B's I had seen that all looked so frilly. But when we saw the photos on TripAdvisor of the Red Elephant we knew it was for us. The inn has a nice country feel, but is decorated in a way that doesn't make you feel like you are staying at your grandparent's.

Rob was as friendly as we could ask for (as was his dog Brody). Rob paid attention to us, making sure we had what we needed without being overbearing. The breakfast each morning was wonderful.

We stayed in the New York room, which was great. It has nice views of the mountains. Is spacious, includes a fireplace, and has a large bathroom with a two person jacuzzi. We'd pick this room again if we were to return.

We really enjoyed our stay here and if we were to return for another weekend getaway we stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I just recently stayed at the inn and the service and overall experience was amazing. Its very clean and the jacuzzi tub and gas fireplace in the room makes the stay homey. I will deffinantly be staying there again. "Its a full service inn" as rob the owner would say. The reason being my girlfriend had to fix the buckle on her heels but we didn't have the right tool sure enough Rob had the tool and repaired it for us. I would reccomend the red elephant to anyone looking for a great place to stay for a night.

• Stayed November 2012
Norwood, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I usually visit North Conway 5-10 times per year, and I wish I discovered this Inn sooner! It's located right in the middle of town, making it convenient to get to wherever you want to go in the area. A lot of the nice shops are even within walking distance from here.

From the minute you walk in the door, Rob makes you feel right at home. Brody (The dog, and official Inn keeper) is an entertaining little fella who we loved company from while staying there. Rob genuinely wants to give his guests the very best experience possible here, and he works very hard to do it.

We came to visit over Halloween weekend. Unfortunately around this time of year, the gondola rides at the ski resorts, the Mt. Washington auto road, and COG Railroad tours are closed. But, Rob gave us guidance and advice about things to do around there at this time of year. We hit up "The Maze" at Sherman Farm, we went to The Ghoullog at Cranmore and had a blast, and we went to all our favorite scenic areas up in Pinkham Knotch.

Breakfast both mornings was great! Perfect portions, delicous food, and neat stuff like pineapples marinated in pina colata/rum mix. A great way to start the day off. Our room was really cool (Hippie Room,) it was very clean and it had a lot of natural light.

I can't say enough about this Inn, and I'd like to thank Rob again for such a great experience. We'd like to give The Red Elephant Inn 6 of 5 stars, but we can't go any higher than 5 on here. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Red Elephant Inn is the place to get away in North Conway. From the gorgeous views, warm inviting hospitality, 3 course delectable breakfast, this place has it all! Rob and Brody (the inn keeping dog) made sure we had what we needed at all times. Wine was served in the afternoon, just in time to catch a sunset. And the breakfast in the morning, ill leave you with cherry brandy zeppolis, coffee soaked pears and cream, and eggs benes that have a hollandasie so smooth it leaves nothing else to be desired. Top notch place that has every detail attended to. Job well done, we'll be back for sure!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!