“Outstanding Experience - Very Friendly Staff - One of a Kind Waterpark” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park

You added Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park to your Saves list
Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2251 White Mountain Highway, Route 16, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Story Land & Water Park!
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Experience - Very Friendly Staff - One of a Kind Waterpark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Our family stayed at the Red Jacket Mountain view Resort over the holiday and we were very impressed with the resort. It was a very busy at check-in but they were well staffed and it was a smooth check in. The desk agent was very courteous and showed us the resort map and explained how the Waterpark admission works and the nearest attractions.

Our room was decorated nicely and was very spacious. It looked like it was renovated recently. Most importantly - it was spotless and the housekeeping staff did a great job while we were there for 4 days. One of the best features of the room, aside from the newer TV, comfortable beds, refridgerator and new heating/cooling system was the patio - which offered great mountainside views and a relaxing area. The photos on their website are an accurate representation of the resort.

Anyone who has traveled to North Conway with children knows the importance of a pool and of course, this resort has everyone beat. They have their own waterpark Kahuna that has slides, wave pool, hot tubs, wading pools and rafts for children of all ages. It also has a grille and bar inside the water park which is located on the resort property next to the check-in. The waterpark was a huge hit and is unparalleled to any other hotel or inn offering in North Conway. The resort is in an ideal location to dowtown North Conway and close to Storyland and all of the attractions. This ideal location coupled with their own waterpark really sets the standard.

We had a holiday dinner buffet in their restaurant and it was terrific. The food and service were execptional. Note: Make your dinner reservation early as it can be difficult to get a reservation in their restaurant as it is very popular with the local community.

We found the staff to be eager to please and very friendly. Their friendliness and accommodating attitude extended beyond our departure. Our daughter left her cherished keepsake in the room after we departed. We called and spoke with the front desk and they said they would inspect the room. Unfortunately, they did to no avail. Then the front desk agent said she would physically go and inspect the laundry room since the room had already been cleaned. About 45 minutes later, she called to say that she found the keepsake and they mailed it back to us right away. We could not be more impressed with their service and care.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, August 20, 2010

Thank you for being our Guest!

We are so happy that you and yours enjoyed your stay and your wonderful comments are very rewarding and appreciated by our staff! We strive to exceed every guest expectations during each stay and it reinforces our best practice training when we receive great feedback like this.

We are also pleased to hear the resort offers an ample amount of amenities that all guests can take advantage during there stay. We create additional theme events that enable family’s to spend quality time together outside their guest rooms like: Wacky Olympics, kite flying and homemade ice cream making to mention a few and don’t forget poolside popsicles with Keeko every day at 4pm!

Please feel free to contact me personally in the future when choosing the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Hanover, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

We stayed in a room with an alcove to accommodate myself, my husband and 2 small children (ages 4 and 10 months). The room was spacious and gave us plenty of room but was not up to date. The entire hotel had a very run-down feeling. We purchased a package that included visits to the water park, which was pretty nice, but was over run with rude teenagers from a nearby camp the day of our visit. They shoved my 4 yo several times while in line for the slides and this upset her enough that she did not want to go back for a second visit. I spoke to the manager on duty to ask him if we could exchange our tickets to the water park the next day for tickets to StoryLand and told him I found better rates for our room on line. His response to both issues was that there was nothing he could do. The breakfast buffet was reasonable. Overall you do not get anything you wouldn't get at an EmbassySuites and we paid twice as much.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, August 12, 2010

Thank you for being our Guest!

We are truly sorry we were unable to meet or exceed your expectations during your visit to the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park. We certainly appreciate your feedback which enables us to be a better business.
We are also sorry that you felt crowded in the water park and your child was inappropriately treated by another guest. The water park can become increasingly busy at times and please let me assure you we try to control the safety and actions of our guests at all times, although we must have missed this instance.
We are glad you enjoyed the space in your room and the amenities we offer at the resort and please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to further discuss your visit.

New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

The reviews here did make me nervous as well BUT I figured that everyone has opinions and I would make the trip a good one reguardless.
I was happily surprised! We arrive on the impecible grounds with a beautiful pool with an amazing view of the mountain tops and a flowing American flag!
We arrive in our room after going through 7 doors. (LOL) The doors on the 3rd floor were our laugh of the week.
Our room was fine for us and very clean. Pillows were fine. (Not sure what the other reviewer wanted but its a hotel) Bad neck? bring your own!
We decided we were going to do the Prime Rib buffet.. I loved the servce. I do not like to be rushed and I wasn't at all. the waitress who's last name is Knapp was awesome and the manager was so informative, nice to my kids and we felt like we had the entire place working just for us. The food? Delish!!
My husband did not like the buffet breakfast but we loved it. Everyone has opinions but we really did enjoy our trip and I am glad thet we didn;t listen to the negative comments on this review page.
In the day they had kid activitied, we made our own ice cream with salt and ice in baggies (Who does that?) The Red Jacket does! My kids oved it!
The had olympics, Wii competitions at night, movies every night, popsicles delivered by the monkey every day at 4 by the pool. Oh and the pool waitress who serves POOLSIDE frozen drinks and food??? She is an amzing one man show!
The water park was great and my kids loved it and we enjoyed watching them love it. I ended up gettting a "just watching" entry for 10 dollars and the worker allowed me to go down the slide with my kids a few times. I appreciated that. It was so much fun I ended up buying my own pass fo the next day.
There was also a Man that was the Host at the restraunt who was so cute with my daughter, he held out her chair and called her Mam. It made her day! So cute!
I loved it. The worse part was that we had to leave. A vacation is what you make it. We will be back!! The Donovan Family!!
Did I menton the views? Amazing!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, August 9, 2010

Thank you for being our Guest!

Thank you so much for the kind words and your heading is perfect said! We are so happy that you and yours enjoyed all the amenities and activities we offer at the resort. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and every little detail makes that difference; it's nice to here it's working.

We will take this awesome feedback and continue to grow our activities to create this same type of experience for every guest! We have a great staff that truly cares for every guest and this shows when observations are made by guests like you; thank you!

Please feel free to contact us directly for your next visit and we truly appreciate you being our Guest!

Medford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I was little worried about staying here after reading some of these reviews....I'd stayed at the Fox Ridge (sister hotel) before and it was nice experience. Since we were 8 of us in our party I decided to stay in of the Townhomes. The house (2 bedrooms, 2 baths) was awesome: perfect space for all of us, very clean, and with a very nice decoration specially in the bedrooms. The hotel area is a little small, but nice. The staff was very friendly and corteous. Tony and Sam were very helpful when making a reservation for 3 more weeks in advance. The pool was very nice and the environment was always good. Good drinks at the bar right next to the pool. The dinner buffet was ok. If I had to advise something to make it perfect, I would ask the management to get some mirrors in the bedrooms and to get a recycle bin for people like us that take care of our environment,ahh! I think that the waterpark is a little overpriced and they should let people use it for up to 2 days for that price. I would definitely stay here again-in fact we are going back again in 3 wks- I would recommend this place to everybody- If you have a big party go with the townhomes, is worth the money-sometimes cheaper than 2 single rooms.

Thank you for being our Guest!

Thank you so much for the kind words and we are so glad you and yours had a perfect vacation! We are very happy that you enjoyed the newly renovated townhomes as well; they certainly accommodate large parties that want their own space with a full kitchen and two bedrooms.

We will take your observations very seriously and continue to look for improvements to our property. We are offering a "SNEWY" package currently that includes Water Park and breakfast at a real attractive value price. We will pass on your nice comments to Sam and Tony and so pleased they were able to accommodate all your vacation needs.

milford, nh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

My husband & I took my son & 2 friends.We stayed in one the loft rooms(mountain view side) on the 3rd flr.I would recommend staying on the 3rd flr. The room was nice, worked out well having 3 teenagers.I would NOT recommend the buffet breakfast. We were ignored for at least 15 minutes by the waitress, I had to go ask for some service.When the waitress finally came over she took the coffee thermos to fill & never returned with it, at the time the restaraunt wasn't even busy so no excuse for the horrible service, your better off going down the street to Dunkin Donuts.I would definetley eat elsewhere, the food is a overpriced.The dinner we had at 99 was cheaper than the buffet breakfast for 5 at the hotel.We took the kids to the Kahuna Laguna, most of the day was fine until some other kid their started harassing/following around our kids.The last straw came when the kid started splashing one of the kids we brought & then he pushed my son.I had had enough. The lifeguards were useless. My husband & I had to take care of the situation & all I got from the supervisor was "yeah the lifeguards said that kid has been a problem all day". We checked out the next day & told the front desk of our experience & only offered "oh, I'm so sorry.On the positive side the grounds are nice, the housekeeping staff were the friendliest of all the staff there.The outside pool was open until 11pm and the kids liked the arcade, it's not huge, maybe a dozen or so games.I'm not sure about staying there again. I would have thought they could have at least taken some money off the room or refunded our water park tickets for aggravation we had there but they offered nothing except an apology.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, August 2, 2010

Thank you for being our Guest!

We are truly sorry we were unable to meet your expectations in the restaurant for value or service. We certainly strive to provide quality and attentive service in all of our dining facilities throughout the resort and would like to apologize for the service you encountered during your visit.

As to the water park incident, first and foremost we hope that you child is okay? We provide constant lifeguard supervision and even so, some incidents get past our view. We hope this was an isolated incident and we fortunately have not had to deal with a scenario as such.
We are happy that you enjoyed the other aspects of our resort and glad we had plenty of amenities to keep your children busy during your stay!

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience to further discuss your visit to our resort.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

My family recently stayed at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort. We stayed 2 nights and purchased a package deal which gave us tickets to Storyland, two days of tickets for the Kahuna Laguana, and breakfast.

The Resort is in need of makeover, but is kept extremely clean. The first evening there we used the outdoor pool, which was extremely relaxing and cooled all of us down after a steaming hot day. I have an almost 2 year old and a 4 year old that loved the pool. The hotel provided life jackets, but there are no lifeguards by the pool throughout the day. The life jacket came into play when my little guy got out of the pool and ran to the other side and jumped in seconds before I got there! Everyone near the pool was ready to help out if needed, but thankfully they were not. That night we used the gameroom too. As for food, we decided to eat in town after reading several other reviews.

Sleeping at the Resort was the hardest part. I have never slept on a pillow that does not allow your head to get comfortable. It was bad enough that I slept on two rolled up towels, and that was better. But that is my only real complaint.

Breakfast was a good buffet. Cereals, fruits, french toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, home fries, omelet station.... The staff was excellent throughout the stay and at breakfast.

The Kahuana Laguana was a small, but extremely fun indoor water park. My kids, wife and myself got soaked. The wave pool, slide structure, and big slides were great (the big slides require 42 inches). There are plenty of lifeguards on duty, and on the day we were there the wave pool was highly monitored as it should be. There is also a big hot tub area, but we did not use it (kids were too young).

The Resort was an excellent place (North Conway is very family friendly), and my family will likely return there in the future. I will be sure to pack pillows next time though

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
wows, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, July 27, 2010

Thank you for being our Guest!

We are so happy your family was able to enjoy your time and have FUN at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park! We are pleased you were able to take advantage of the amenities we have to offer both here at the resort and the surrounding area attractions.

It's especially pleasing to here the services we are providing are making our guests happy as we strive to exceed our guest expectations in all areas! Part of our resort is aged a bit especially when compared to the new Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park, but other guests enjoy that aspect and we've just renovated our family townhomes last spring and will continue to invest in our property. In the meantime we will continue to offer great amenities and provide exceptional guest service striving to exceed our guest’s expectations.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your future vacation destination plans as we hope you continue being our guests.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I have nothing but great things to say about this resort a great place to get away too with the family after a long year working on my farm its great to go to the mountains and see all the amazing and beautiful historical sites what a wounderful time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for being our Guest!

We are so pleased you can take advantage of our resort after some hard work on the farm and hope the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Indoor Water Park allowed you and yours to escape the everyday. It sounds like you accomplished that and was able to take in all that the Mount Washington Valley has to offer, wonderful!

Please feel free to contact me directly for your future vacation destination plans; we will hopefully see you soon.

Been to Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park? Share your experiences!