Stayed 2 nights, 2 adults and 2 children only for Kahuna Laguna, not overnight for kids.
Kahuna Laguna for 4: very fun and surprisingly clean. Was not busy for a Friday afternoon in mid-summer, made it very enjoyable. My two girls (8 & 6) loved the wave pool, so did the adults, wave pool cycles off and on about every 15-20 mins, nice break. Slides were fun, but we spent about 2 or our 4 hours in the wave pool. Visited outside pool, nice layout, only 5 ft deep at most, not zero entry but steps to use at one end. Tiki bar served adult beverages and some basic pub fare, bathroom and bar very close by. Overall, both indoor and outdoor facilities met expectations and more.
Room: we stayed in 141, walk out patio to grounds was a nice feature, we could walk down the lawn. Average room size, bathroom had shower/tub and toilet, and outside the door was vanity. TV needs some SERIOUS updating, for $259 a night you would expect some flat screen TV, not a 27inch CRT that came in poorly. Décor basic, but satisfactory with small round sitting table.
Lounge: we ate one evening at the Tavern and sat on balcony overlooking Mts and grounds, spectacular, but balcony tables are very LOW, so you really had to eat out of your lap or do some serious bending over, food was ok, nothing bad but nothing outstanding. Breakfast buffet at Champney's for $15 pp was ok, no toast but Omelets made to order were outstanding, also had some desserts at breakfast for the sweet tooth folks.
Overall, the Red Jacket Mtn View resort was nice, clean and friendly helpful staff, the tiki bar folks were extremely happy and energetic. The horse drawn carriage near dinner time was a nice vacation feel touch (donations). For $259 ish a night (taxes and fees), I would expect a little higher end room, but service was outstanding, my girlfriend charged the breakfast to MY room (different last name) and within 5-10 mins of getting back to our room the front desk called to confirm that my room did indeed have the breakfast, nice touch, not sure how often folks try to charge someone else's room, I couldn't imagine that happening, but you never know.
We walked down to the Muddy Moose Restaurant & Tavern for dinner one evening, crazy busy but sit at the bar and you may get right in. Nice cabin style décor and knotty pine throughout, pub fare food for respectable prices.
I am not sure what else is available in North Conway, we booked late and wanted the $20 Kahuna Laguna tickets for my youngest' bday. so we paid a lot more than we would have liked, but overall were satisfied with the exception of the smallest outdated TV, made wind down time kind of less enjoyable, but we laughed about the outdated equipment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations (some pet-friendly) feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our new four-bedroom homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting StoryLand and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western