“July 18th 2014 Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Jacket Mountain View Resort

Save Saved
You added Red Jacket Mountain View Resort to your Saves list
Red Jacket Mountain View Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2251 White Mountain Highway, Route 16, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Maine
“July 18th 2014 Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed 2 nights, 2 adults and 2 children only for Kahuna Laguna, not overnight for kids.
Kahuna Laguna for 4: very fun and surprisingly clean. Was not busy for a Friday afternoon in mid-summer, made it very enjoyable. My two girls (8 & 6) loved the wave pool, so did the adults, wave pool cycles off and on about every 15-20 mins, nice break. Slides were fun, but we spent about 2 or our 4 hours in the wave pool. Visited outside pool, nice layout, only 5 ft deep at most, not zero entry but steps to use at one end. Tiki bar served adult beverages and some basic pub fare, bathroom and bar very close by. Overall, both indoor and outdoor facilities met expectations and more.
Room: we stayed in 141, walk out patio to grounds was a nice feature, we could walk down the lawn. Average room size, bathroom had shower/tub and toilet, and outside the door was vanity. TV needs some SERIOUS updating, for $259 a night you would expect some flat screen TV, not a 27inch CRT that came in poorly. Décor basic, but satisfactory with small round sitting table.
Lounge: we ate one evening at the Tavern and sat on balcony overlooking Mts and grounds, spectacular, but balcony tables are very LOW, so you really had to eat out of your lap or do some serious bending over, food was ok, nothing bad but nothing outstanding. Breakfast buffet at Champney's for $15 pp was ok, no toast but Omelets made to order were outstanding, also had some desserts at breakfast for the sweet tooth folks.
Overall, the Red Jacket Mtn View resort was nice, clean and friendly helpful staff, the tiki bar folks were extremely happy and energetic. The horse drawn carriage near dinner time was a nice vacation feel touch (donations). For $259 ish a night (taxes and fees), I would expect a little higher end room, but service was outstanding, my girlfriend charged the breakfast to MY room (different last name) and within 5-10 mins of getting back to our room the front desk called to confirm that my room did indeed have the breakfast, nice touch, not sure how often folks try to charge someone else's room, I couldn't imagine that happening, but you never know.
We walked down to the Muddy Moose Restaurant & Tavern for dinner one evening, crazy busy but sit at the bar and you may get right in. Nice cabin style décor and knotty pine throughout, pub fare food for respectable prices.
I am not sure what else is available in North Conway, we booked late and wanted the $20 Kahuna Laguna tickets for my youngest' bday. so we paid a lot more than we would have liked, but overall were satisfied with the exception of the smallest outdated TV, made wind down time kind of less enjoyable, but we laughed about the outdated equipment.

Room Tip: Get Mtn facing room or you will be viewing parking lot, garden view is a joke. 2nd floor, 200 rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
MaineBengalTigers,

Thank you for taking the time to post a very detailed review of your most recent stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Red Jacket Mountain View. By the sounds of your stay you were busy the entire time you were here. We apologize that you were not offered toast at breakfast as we do not put it on the buffet because we want it served fresh and warm. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Jon and The Red Jacket Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Boston,ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

First time at this resort and I loved it all. My family of four loved the room, resort and grounds. But just beware that when you check into the hotel after say 3pm and you buy indoor water park passes they are only good till 10pm that night and only from 8:30-10am the next morning. Before I booked this trip I called and asked about the waterpark and the costs and they said $20 a day so I asked well im checking in after 3pm. They stated I had the day I bought the tixs for and half day next following day. Not a bad deal for $80 cause we only used the park from say 5-7pm after settling in and getting out for dinner. So I felt like I was scammed out of $80 cause I was only granted from 8:30-10am the next morning. If this was the case I would have just bought the tixs for the following day and got full use out of the park and got my money worth. So please be aware of the time u check in and buy your tixs. Its a scam and I was taken for $80. Other than that though great resort for the kids and whole family.

cody,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We are glad to hear that you had a great time at the resort. As stated in my email to you yesterday we apologize for any misunderstanding of the water park hours of operation. During the summer months and school vacation weeks the hours are the following: 11am-10pm and then as a bonus you get the next day from 8:30am-10pm. For example if you had a room reserved today, check in time is 3pm, but you can still come to the hotel at 11am and use the water park for the day and then tomorrow you would have access from 8:30am to 10am. We have zero intentions of trying to scam on hours of the water park and once again we apologize for any misunderstanding. We look forward to seeing you again and hope you have a nice summer.

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights here and had a great stay. A little dated but nice room 315, The view of Mt is Ok but the 2 large overgrown trees obscured the view, and should be replaced with a lower variety. Convenient to everything. The hotel sometime ago added an indoor water park but it is not included with the basic Hotel package. We do not have small children and found that this was a small deterrent to staying here again but would recommend to anyone with children. Pool stays open till 10 pm which was great. Price was appropriate range and cheaper than the large chain hotels in town. Bed was comfortable and the room was clean, some issue in the shower with mildew in grout near base that should be addressed. Very much disliked the room AC automation. If you leave the room it senses this and shuts down the unit. I don't want to come back from all day hiking and have to wait up to an hour for my room to catch up to come down from a temp of 78 degrees every time, this needs an override. very friendly staff able to provide advise on dinning etc. Would stay again I beleive

Room Tip: request top floor no children running over your head back and forth till late at night
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
gemmm43,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We are glad to hear that you had a great time here at the resort. We also appreciate your constructive feedback on trees, grout and the AC. As we look at ways to continue to improve and provide enjoyable stays we will utilize your feedback. Look forward to seeing you again in the future and we hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.

New England, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel made for a very pleasant stay for us with our four grandchildren. The staff is quite kind and the menus are geared for the little ones.
Exhausted the first evening, so the buffet was a perfect option.
There were a lot of choices for the children and the price was a good value. My only problem was that there was not a rule that adults only can use the buffet line. I was a little uncomfortable with young children being so close to the food for sanitary reasons. We had a wiggly two-year-old and I must say the servers were most gracious. One morning we did room service for breakfast. The options for the kids were wonderful and it was a relaxing option for dining with children.
We thought our room was lovely with a knockout view and a little balcony. I am personally obsessed with a clean room and we tore the beds apart and inspected mattress pad and the mattress cover and pulled them from the wall to make sure everything was really clean. It's past with high marks!
Our grandchildren loved the game room and the outdoor heated pool. This hotel is so kid oriented and I don't think we would stay here without them. By 6:30 AM the entire hotel is vibrating with the energy and life of active children with pitty pat feet going everywhere and sleep not to be had. At least we did not feel as guilty adding to the fray! We hope to come back next year.

• Stayed July 2014
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
zoelikesit,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay. We appreciate your recognition of the housekeeping department by creating a clean environment to rest and relax in. Glad to hear the grand children had a blast and the game room provided entertainment. Thank you for the suggestions with the buffet and we will consider new rules in the future. We hope you have a wonderful summer and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Providence, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed here with our 1 year old and almost 4 year old. The hotel was convenient to Storyland (only a few miles away) and Santa's village (about an hour away). The folks here were very friendly and helpful. They had nice activities for the kids (story time, roasting marshmallows). The restaurant was surprisingly good (we had a better dinner here than any where else in North Conway during our 3 night stay). Would definitely stay here again next time we visit NH.

pfg07,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay. When I showed the food and beverage team your review, they were proud to hear this was your favorite dining experience in North Conway. Also the activities team takes a lot of pride in putting smiles on faces, and you can't beat our proximity to Story Land and Santa's Village. We look forward to seeing your family again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My mother and I stayed on Monday June 16 to Wednesday June 18. It was another awesome stay and we are looking forward to going back. Our room was clean and spacious. The front desk staff is the best. We also met the new general manager and we were greeted warmly and we were every time we saw him. We love the Red Jacket and have been staying with them since September of 2009. Breakfast buffet was excellent as usual.

Room Tip: Mountain view is the best.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rakeybaby,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay. We are honored that you have been staying with us since 2009 and always have an enjoyable stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the breakfast buffet as much as we do. With the amount of selections there is something for everyone and some eat enough so they do not have lunch. It was a pleasure meeting you and your mom and it was fun to see a lot of the interactions you have with our front desk team. We look forward to your next visit and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were traveling with 2 toddlers ages 1 and 3 which is no easy feat ie similar to herding cats. The Red Jacket was well set up and equipped for our young active family. The extra money to stay at a hotel with indoor pool/water park, game room, restaurants (plus bar!) and additional onsite activities (free - movie night, campfire etc) was well worth it. Unlike the Comfort Inn and Hampton Inn we were able to stay onsite with kids to eat and my husband was able to grab us a couple beers for us to enjoy in our room after the kids went to sleep. We had 2 double beds with an alcove room with bunk beds….The room was large enough for son’s pack n play and the bunk beds were exciting for our 3 year old (he slept on the bottom). Alcove room is NOT big enough for a pack n play so plan on your infant/baby staying in your room. The bed linens and mattresses were surprisingly comfortable and good quality. Our stay was really quiet for nap time and bed time. I would NOT stay on the first floor near the reception…there was a lot of foot traffic from guests and staff. It would have driven me nutto hearing people up and down the hall constantly. The staff was super friendly and dealt well with 2 toddlers melting down at the same time at dinner. We appreciated the offer of assistance with our bags at check in/out. Typically my husband is lugging everything in/out while I have 2 kids hang off me or running away from me. The views are beautiful from the restaurants; food wasn't awful and actually decent and lots to do on property. No cons besides the bathroom soap etc was made in china. Yuck! And the Wifi was PAINFULLY slow.

No this isn’t a luxury resort destination…but it’s well set up for young families, clean and a little worn from the number of active young visitors. Well worth the extra $20-$40 a night than staying at a Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn.

PS. We were the "THAT" family with kids pounding on floor from 6am till we left for breakfast and 7pm till bed time. I really tried to keep them quiet sorry!!! PSS I wore my cover up at pool as not to horrify the other guests and their children with my Mommy "curves" per recent reviewers requests. LOL. Not all of us Mom's "snap back" to prior super model shape.

Room Tip: Don't stay on 1st floor near reception, 2nd floor near restaurant. Too much foot traffic. Alcov...
Daphne418,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your most recent stay. We are ecstatic to hear that everyone had a great time with all we have to offer for families. The alcove rooms are the perfect set up, some have bunk beds and others have twins. We are also excited that you enjoyed the views from our restaurants and the food. Our entire team takes great enjoyment interacting with all of our guests. Thank you also for the PS and the PSS!!!

Look forward to seeing your family and you in the future!!! Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Jon and The Red Jacket Team

Been to Red Jacket Mountain View Resort? Share your experiences!