“Great Hotel! Great Water Park!! Wonderful Weekend Getaway!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Jacket Mountain View Resort

You added Red Jacket Mountain View Resort to your Saves list
Red Jacket Mountain View Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2251 White Mountain Highway, Route 16, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Indoor Water Park Offer
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Florida
“Great Hotel! Great Water Park!! Wonderful Weekend Getaway!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

On the spur of the moment, after discovering this gem online, my daughters, granddaughter and I visited the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort. It was my daughters birthday and Mothers Day weekend, so we were looking to celebrate and have fun. We had the absolute best time! The hotel staff greeting was very gracious and accomodating. The room was plenty big for the four of us, very clean and quiet for sleeping. The view of the mountains was spectacular! AND the resort has an indoor water park attached to the hotel! You don't even have to go outside! You can walk through the lobby, past the arcade, and in to the water park. We had so much fun! We will definitely be going back, with more family members, and will be staying longer! I highly recommend visiting this gem in the mountains!! (PS-Shopping Outlets are right down the street!!!)

Room Tip: I used my AAA discount for this room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2011
Thank you Ladies! It is nice that both Mom and Daughter found our resort a good respite to share together...when you come back to visit say hello and we will have a little spa treat for you both! In the meantime thank you for recognizing housekeeping and our unsung heroes who love to provide great accommodations, food and memories for all our guests!

See you before summers out? - Steve Lambert & A Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Keene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I just have to YELL and say OMG!!!!! I have NEVER HAD AN EXPERIENCE as I did at the Red Jacket Mtn. View Resort. From the moment I pulled up to the lady at the front desk with the beautiful smile and make-up my Husband and 7 yr old had a FANTASTIC TIME! The Splash and Stay was the package we bought. $224 for the first night including a jacuzzi. I could only afford one night with the jacuzzi so the plan was to move to another cheaper room the 2nd night. I mentioned it was our 9 yr wedding anniversary when I checked in the lady explained how we could pack up and someone would assist us with moving to another room the next day. That was that. What I didn't expect was her to come running out to the front where we were unloading the car and tell us we could stay the 2nd night in the jacuzzi room for a "regular room price". HULLO??? HOW SWEET!! I noticed when checking in how the mgr's office door was open and the 2 Mgrs on duty were smiling and genuinly happy. Thus, ethusiasm is inftectious. I asked for help as the parking for the car is far frm the hotel with all the bags we had and we got a courteous employee to help us to our room.The hallway ceilings were low and it felt like you were walking down the halls of a dollhouse where you are the one TOO BIG... but that was the only neg. thing I can say. The buffet is inluced in the package price and on Sundays includes shrimp cocktail and freshly cut ham. Sat does inlucde home made omelets freshly made with whatever topping you want and belgium waffles with cut up REAL fresh fruit incluing watermelon and pineapple. You get a vouche card that the waiter takes when you are sat. Your untesils and coffee mug are waiting for you on the table already with the coffee staying warm in a thermos. Dont forgot to check out the sprial staircase against the wall doors of the kitchen, it leads you up to a great view. Only one way down so be careful with those with bad knee, it could prove treacherous! Also, we had a do no disburb sign on the door and was provided a phone call from the housekeeping staff sat am to ask if we "neede anyything". Umm?? That has never happened to me before.HOW THOUGHTFUL! We had a door that let to a flat porch and it was easy to pull the car up to load it up when we left. Kelly even let us go into the waterpark sunday after 11 am even though we technically had to pay for a new day pass. Be aware they shut down the waterpark from 10-11 am both sat and sun for cleaning. After the 11 am time you need new arm bands. It is $25 if you loose your band so DONT! Also, the watepark is NOT big but more geared towards 7 and under with 4 waterslides for adults. 2 covered and 2 uncovered. I feel the water basketball nets could be shorter as my 7 yr old couldn't get a good throw that high up. I would go for the package. The waterpark iteself isn't work the price of admission alone unnless you have kids under 7yrs old. Overall I was blown away with everyone! JOB WELL DONE!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
This has to be one of our best reviews ever! Thank you for recognizing our team throughout the resort from Ms. Kelly at the desk to the Water Park and awesome dining room staff too. We agree with you that the service and hospitality is infectious and starts with managers exemplifying having fun caring for people! Thank you for making our day, this was an outstanding summary of a stay we wish to provide to every guest who comes through our doors!

See you again soon: Steve Lambert and Awesome Team
anonymousllama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Staff and Management were great! We were able to upgrade our room to a loft to accommodate our 5th unexpected guest. We were upgraded to a mountain view at no additional charge. It really was a pretty view. The room was much larger than I had expected so that was nice. You didn't open the room door and just fall onto your bed. The kids liked having their own space in the loft. The common areas were very clean although I did notice a smell that other guests have mentioned. It was limited to the hallway our room smelled fine. The on-site restaurant was nice. Very nice views and spacious seating. There was a good selection on the menu if you chose not to take the buffet. Like everyone else has said the breakfast buffet is great. Cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, carving station, omelet station, breakfast meats, eggs benedict... We spent the evening in the water park. With 3 young kids I find swimming at hotels stressful trying to keep everyone safe. Stress not! Each of the 3 areas of the park have very active lifeguards. They aren't perched in a chair texting on cell phones. These guys pace the length of their zones none stop and have set areas to watch the whole time. My 8 year old spent most of his time on the water slides and in the wave pool, my 3 year old liked the splash pad and smaller slides in the tot area. My 5 year old bounced back and forth between both and I was able to keep track of everyone. They provide a locker and towels so you don't have to leave your items unattended on a lounge chair. It was a nice stress free trip all around.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
We are Glad you stayed too! Our lifeguards are professional and continuously tested and trained, pacing is part of their protocol to keep an eagle eye on everyone having fun! Our guests constantly complimenting them as they recognize it's a big responsibility the staff takes on with laser focus...The review on your stay is one to be proud of for our team and we appreciated your taking time to write it out. It means alot and Thank You for being a guest of ours. I hope you email when you consider a return to Mt. Washington Valley again: Slambert@redjacketmountainview.com
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

What a place! Phenominal staff, great views, nice rooms, extremely accomidating, good food, gosh there is no end to what wonderful things to say about the whole experience. Was there for a 4 day conference, I've never experienced such nice, nice people. 500% there for us. I can only imagine how well they treat folks there on holiday. The indoor water park will take you back to your childhood, go for it, FUN FUN FUN!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you for a 500% grade, that's a Tuesday - ALL WEEK MAKER! I recall your group's event at the resort as does all our staff and we wish you were destined to come back next year too. If your group rotates throughout New England then maybe individualy would be nice instead! Thank you for appreciating the backdrop of our team's efforts during your event, it really does mean alot. Stay in touch and Thank You again!
Canterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Great Time, my children had a blast and so did me and my wife. I spent $300.00 for the entire weekend including the room, food at the hotel and water park entry. This was family time that can't be replaced. Local fun at a reasonable price. This has been the most BANG FOR THE BUCK I have ever spent. Would reccomend this to everyone who want quality family time at a great price.

Room Tip: Family FUN
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the OUTSTANDING review. Because we uniquely package the waterpark and breakfast or dinners during some periods; we are rated as a great value. When you add in the children's activities, story hour and the environment we are blessed to be in - your perspective on a great getaway not too far is something to be proud of. Thank you and come back to see us before ski season '12! Steve Lambert & Outstanding Team
Rumney, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011 via mobile

This was our second visit over the last two years and while we have a great time every visit, I agree with other guests that the hotel is tired and in need of major renovation. Waterpark is awesome and both my boys (ages 6 & 4) always enjoy their time there. Breakfast buffet is awesome and we always go to. One of the many area restaurants for dinners. Hotel accommodations are dated. We had a loft room (two doubles downstairs & two twins in loft). Plenty of room to upgrade to at least one queen bed in the room if not two. Newer carpet (not from the 70's) and okay bedding (mattress itself was very comfy) but decor of rooms is dated and dark. Yucky musty smell in the hallways they are trying to cover with air freshener every 6 feet or so but the room was fine. All in all just an okay lodging establishment but since we are going for the kids and they have such a good time at the waterpark I'm sure we'll be back!

• Stayed April 2011
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Thank you for a review and for the feedback! Our housekeeping team read the feedback and appreciate the areas that we can improve on from your perspective, we take our accolades and things-to-work on as food for champions! Our King accommodations and Townhomes have great new 2011 looks on bedding and we continue to come up with styling that pleases all of our guests' with or without children in tow!

When you come back to North Conway, let us show you the updates and decorum of townhomes and other accommodations so that we return to being your first choice like so many of our guests !

See you soon, Steve Lambert & Team
Augusta, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

So we were a little skeptical about our 17 month old with the water park at Kahuna Laguna, but we were pleasantly surprised that she had so much fun!! We really enjoyed the toddler area with water slides and a wading pool!!! The rooms are gorgeous and very clean, very modern! My husband and I were so impressed with how family oriented the Red Jacket is, the story hour was a special bonus!!! Very fun, a great place for a family trip!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Gorgeous Clean Rooms and Story Hour funtimes are what we strive to provide. Your review is a source of pride for all of us, Thank You Very Much!

Stay on our e-mail update list and you can find more reasons to come back and visit with the kids or just as a couple!

Thank you again - Steve Lambert and Team.

PS. Our Bell Staff loves to read at Story Hour and if a favorite book is brought along, we read that too!

Been to Red Jacket Mountain View Resort? Share your experiences!