“Don't go for pool, typical Hampton inn. Newly remodeled rooms.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Boston, MA
“Don't go for pool, typical Hampton inn. Newly remodeled rooms.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

It is a typical Hampton inn. Clean, average, good service.

Pool slide was a bit if a dissapointment. There is no pool just a slide. The only "pool" is a toddler wading area. If you have young kids they might like this place for teens/pre-teens it was boring after 20 min.

• Stayed January 2013
tespaulding1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. A favorite amenity at our hotel is our indoor water park. This 5000 square foot attraction is included in all of our rates. This is in lieu of a traditional pool, though we do offer open swim when the slides are off mid-day. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have found all the Hampton Inn Hotels that I've been to to be well maintained and clean and this one is living up to that standard. My room was very clean, the staff frendly and the management fine to deal with. My group had thirty five rooms in this hotel and nobody had a bad word to say. The kids loved the water park and the breakfast room was a nice area to sit and talk with people. Everything worked out well and I look forward to comming back next year for our ski weekend!

Room Tip: I did not notice the smell of the water park from inside my room however I did in the hallway. If th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
tespaulding1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel, we are delighted that you had a good time. We enjoyed hosting your group, and we had tremendous feedback from everyone that we encountered. We hope to make this an annual tradition at our property and look forward to your return next year. Thank you again!
Anacortes, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We paid a small fortune, and got a bed.
What we didn't get:
A waterpark open for more than half an hour of our one night stay.
Food until breakfast except for nasty chips from the store that tasted expired.
Breakfast I'd feed a dog.

The night hostess was VERY kind and I could tell she was doing everything she could to help us, but obviously she couldn't make them open the waterpark or make the movie services work or put in some decent food. Above her paygrade for sure.

All in all, there are better resort type properties. Spend the extra money and go to one of those. These clowns don't know how to run a hotel, and it shows.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
tespaulding1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your candid thoughts. We welcome all input, to include both good and bad, it ultimately enables us to do a better job. Our water park hours vary during the year, adjusting to the seasonal levels of business in our area. The water park opens daily at 8:00 am, and closes at 9:00 or 10:00 PM, depending on the season. I regret that you may have arrived near closing, and perhaps had to leave early in the morning. Please contact me directly, I would be happy to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction. I look forward to hearing from you.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited in January, midweek, for a short ski trip. It was a great deal at $67 plus tax per night (two Queen beds). That rate included (in our case, for three adults), a full breakfast and an indoor "water park" with two big waterpark (tube) slides, a toddler pool play area (with a few more kiddie slides), and a hot tub. It was just about perfect for us. There may have been a problem with the hot tub, however, as a few of us found we had headaches after using it for a short time. All in all, a great bargain in a good location, on the main drag (Rt. 16) in town. Great if you have a toddler or two in your family and not so bad for older kids too, especially if they like slides. Otherwise, if your kids are older and really into the indoor water park idea, you can opt for the crazy-expensive Red Jacket hotel, just down the road,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted that you found us to be a good fit for your family, with the services and amenities that we offer. There are some great specials available on the various third party sites, for midweek visits. We are happy that you were able to take advantage of those discounts. Perhaps you can return when the weather gets warmer, and enjoy all of the summer attractions that make North Conway the perfect vacation getaway.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We are a family of 5 and we stayed at the Hampton Inn North Conway for 2 nights over MLK weekend. The hotel was full, but it didn't feel crowded, and the staff was very accommodating.

The rooms were decently sized, and the fact that they had two queens instead of two doubles (like the Red Jacket has) made the difference for our trip. One thing I really liked was the post-it-note on the headboard stating that the sheets and duvet covers were cleaned for our visit - I always wonder how often the duvet covers are cleaned! The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were quiet (though we were on the top floor, specifically to avoid noise above us). There were some tears in the wallpaper and grunginess in the bathroom, and while it wasn't objectionable, it adds to my 4 star rating.

We booked the room online and somehow got placed into a pet friendly room. One of my kids is severely allergic to dogs, so the clerk graciously switched us to another room. He still had some trouble breathing just from dogs being in the hallways and common areas, so that might be important to note if you have someone in your party with allergies. The front desk staff was awesome and helped us with several things during the weekend.

The free breakfast was great, though due to the fact that the hotel was full, it was VERY crowded, The staff was running around to refill things and it was very smooth for the size of the crowd. The belgian waffle machines were in constant use and the batter ran out on the second day, since we came down so late. If the hotel is full, go early.

The water slides were a hit with my kids, though they were wishing there was a pool they could just swim in. There are two big slides, one in the dark and one open. Next to that is a shallow kiddie play area with another couple of small slides that my 4 year old loved. Plenty of towels and seats and a hot tub for grown ups made it great. LOTS of chlorine, my eyes were stinging afterwards and I only went in the hot tub. On the second day, the guards made everyone shower first, which I appreciated (even though my kids didn't).

Overall, it was a nice place to stay, very conveniently located, and the staff went above and beyond to guarantee our comfort. The water slides were an added bonus so the kids had something fun to do in the evenings.

Room Tip: The second floor is open to the lobby dining area and could be loud once breakfast starts. Also, th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
tespaulding1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments, from your recent stay at our hotel. We are very happy that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable visit, and that you found the staff engaging and helpful. Our fresh duvets, hot breakfast and indoor water park , rate high with our guests. We hope to see you again soon.
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We came here instead of the Kahuna Laguna at the Red Jacket Inn because of cost. The waterpark here is free and at the Red Jacket, it's pretty pricy. I am currently here, at the hotel writing this review. Check in here was good but that's pretty much where the "good" ended. The hotel did allow us an early check in and when we got here, the room had "just become ready." The rooms are old, nothing exciting but again, if you are only here for the waterpark, you probably will have no complaints. It was very busy with lots of kids (probaby because it was the start of school vacation week).

THE WATERPARK: When we first arrived, we brought our 6 year old daughter to the door just to show it to her. The waterpark attendant opened the door but I told her we were just looking. She overheard me tell my daughter "you and I can do that slide together" and the attendant quickly snapped back at me "YOU CANT GO DOWN TOGETHER." I said, "yeah, I know ...'. She responded, "JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT." My husband and I walked away thinking, "hmmm, for a kid friendly place, she isn't too friendly." When we arrived at the waterpark later in the evening, there were two attendants watching the slides. Every 8 seconds a whistle would blow to the point where our 6-year old would not come near the small kiddie pool. Finally, I approached the two young waterpark attendants and said "is there REALLY any need for you to blow that whistle every 8 seconds? I mean, if you have any child in here with sensory or auditory issues, that whistle would put them over the edge." They claimed they had never been told that before. Something tells me that they weren't following procedure and that ONE OF THEM should have been at the top of the slides anyway guiding the children down but instead, they were choosing to do it from the doorway with a very loud and obnoxious whistle.

One of the girls walked off and went up to the top of the slide (probably where she should have been anyway) and the other looked at my 6-year old and said snidely "I will blow the whistle if there is an emergency" ... yeah, ok like there is any need to say that to a 6-year old. I don't think "Charlotte" appreciated a customer breaking up her social session with the other attendant. Too bad, your here for the kids! From that point on, both of them made no eye contact with me ... well, maybe they didn't make eye contact with anyone because one seemed really nasty and the other just had no personality.

BEDS/ROOM: The king bed is uncomfortable. I woke up at 2:00 a.m. and could not go back to sleep. The sheets are ill-fitting and I woke up with the fitted sheet off and my body resting on the bare mattress ... ewwww....!

As I mentioned, I am here at the hotel, it is 3:18 a.m. and I have been sitting in the lobby for over an hour. I have seen no front desk clerk and I have even made some noise, like used the microwave to heat up luke warm water ... even the "dinging" of the microwave brought no attention. Good thing I am not a thief!

This is not the best Hampton I have ever stayed in for sure. A word of advice for Hampton ... if you are going to offer a waterpark, please consider hiring water park attendants that actually like kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns from your recent visit. While we typically enjoy words of praise, we carefully listen to those that are more critical. I apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused you. Our water park is one of the favorite amenities at our hotel. As you noted, it is included in our rates, which adds value to our property. While we are not hung up on rules, we are hung up on safety. We want to ensure that all of those entering the park, leave exactly the way they came in. It can be a delicate balance to enforce safety, and provide a positive experience. We follow safety guidelines set forth by the state, along with the manufacturer of the facilities. I regret that the staff, who are required to enforce these safety rules, did not deliver that message to your family in a way that you preferred. I have shared your thoughts with our water park team. In an effort to handle this to your satisfaction, please contact me directly. Thank you for choosing our hotel.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in a King Studio. Room was perfect for my husband, daughter and I. Kitchenette was great. Room was large, clean and laid out great. Breakfast was wonderful, staff was very friendly and accommodating. Check in/out a breeze. Internet speed was great.

Our primary reason for selecting this hotel was the water park feature. The park is a lot, I mean a lot, smaller than pictures. It has two larger slides, one smaller slide and a frog slide for toddlers. This hotel does not have a swimming area, nor does it have another pool....It's slide and get out of the way. The slides close daily from 12-3pm and they call that free swim, I guess you can swim at the bottom of the slide during that time.

There are 3 tables with chairs and some other chairs lined up against the wall. With over 90 rooms, the tables and chairs go quick, leaving no where to sit. Also, the wall the chairs were against was infested with moisture flies, extremely gross.

The slide area itself was fun, my daughter (5) very enjoyed it for a little while. My husband and I did not have as nice of a time. Besides having nowhere to sit, they do not allow beverages in the slide area at all, accept coffee and water. No exceptions, no cola, nothing. No snacks. Thankfully we had lots of plans during our stay, so a 1/2 hour each day for plenty was my daughter.

Room Tip: Do not go hear only for water park, you will be disappointed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We appreciate your input on our water park area and we will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope you will consider visiting again should you return to the area.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway? Share your experiences!