“Nice night out” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bridgton, Maine, United States
“Nice night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had some mixed feelings based on other reviewers. But it was one of our best friends birthday so we went along. We didn't have a reservation and arrived at about 6:45 to a busy foyer. There was 8 of us in our party. the Hostess was very accomodating and promptly seated us in the parlor for some cocktails and light conversation. In about 15 minutes we were seated in the Dining room where we enjoyed a very attentive waitress well versed in the menu. we all tried something different and all the dishes came out hot with proper presentation. A very nice night out and we will return on another occasion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Are you kidding me?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have spent Thanksgiving in North Conway for close to ten years, this was our first (and last) holiday meal at Stonehurst. We were a part of 11 and had two children with us (ages 3 and 5) we opted for the mac and cheese off the children's menu for the kids- for $18.00 we got a bowl of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, are you kidding me? Heidi, the General Manger was not only rude, but completely unqualified to deal with the public, her responses to our questions were quite infantile. The fascination with Mr. Bigelow (a white cat) would be tolerable if there was the same amount of attention given to the human beings entering the dated restaurant. Our expectations are quite low when we dine at Thanksgiving as we know how crazy it can be. I would stay away from this restaurant until they deal with the front of the house and choose to make the mac and cheese instead of ripping open a box.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Newmarket, New Hampshire
“Heidi is in the wrong business......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have been going to North Conway for many years for Thanksgiving. This year was no exception, we decided to try the Stonehurst Manor for dinner. It started and ended with what I may call a woman who is clearly in the wrong business. Heidi who I later found to be the General Manger/Hostess was one of the rudest, and uncaring person I have ever met. I have been in the restaurant business for most of my life and to be treated with such disrespect as a custormer is unacceptable.

When I approached her about being told not once but twice from someone from the restaurant that my neices 3 & 5 year old children were able to get chicken fingers for their Thanksgiving meal she dismissed me like I was a piece of dirt. How could I have asked for such a request on such a busy day. When I explained to her that I understood the business and I am only inquiring because of the fact that I made 2 phones calls here to confirm our request for chicken fingers, I could not believe that she would not listen me and waved her hand at me as if I should just step away from her desk, I actually had other guests look at me and say I can't believe she is treating you like that.

Not only were we not able to get the chicken fingers we had to order the kids version of the menu which was Kraft Mac and Cheese yes from a box and served in a fancy bowl with no more than 5 mouthfuls all for $18.00. Really????

I would not recommend this restaurant on mere fact of HEIDI, who stands at that desk with a fake smile and an attitude that she is above us all . The way I saw her treat the staff and my family shows me that perhaps Heidi needs to step down and find a new position that does not involve the public.

I can venture a guess that many people have seen this behavior or have been on the recieving end of HEIDI'S disrespect but for whatever reason are not able to voice their opinion.

Visited November 2012
Rowley, Massachusetts
“Thanksgiving Feast a real treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Loved the Thanksgiving day dinner menu - variety from appetizers to desserts with wonderful entrees. Fantastic staff, too.

Visited November 2012
nb canada
“Great deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Check out their Thursday night specials, great menu and fantastic prices on Thursday nights. Would definitely go back if we were in the area

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere