“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was seated with my family by a heater. When we saw our server we ordered. Half of our orders were not correct and things were on the good we asked to not put on it. This place had a noisy atmosphere with a lot of kids running around and crying. Not to say I do not like children it's just not what I expected for a beer brewery/ smoke house. It took us forever to get a check. I just was not impressed with anything about this place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a great experience here! The staff was friendly and the food was great. Very good for kids and would go back again.

Visited December 2012
Kent
“Come for the Beer.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We are not big meat eaters and coming from the UK, I cannot profess to be an expert on BBQ retaurants. I Know that it can be the source of serious debate between residents of various states.
We did enjoy our visit here. It is a casual and friendly place and they certainly know how to brew a good beer. If you love a good beer it is worth a visit and if you are there, you can just as well eat, the food is not that bad.
Nachos starter was very good. The mains were smothered in sweet sauce. One could not really taste the meat. It would have been better with sauce on the side. The meat was very tender and the ribs fell off the bone.
I think one can have a good night out if you do not expect top end cuisine. Loads of parking but beware, the sign is maybe a bit obscure if you try to find it in the dark and you are traveling south.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burlington, Massachusetts
“Excellent Beer, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Felt like BBQ so we headed to Moat Mountain. We started with a beer sampler and got to try several different brews. We liked the Hoffman Weiss and Blueberry Ale. We ordered our food and within a few minutes it was at the table. The food actually came too fast and my meal wasn't hot. We had the barbecued smoked pork sandwich and the combo platter. The combo platter was huge and came with ribs, chicken and pork or beef brisket. The beef brisket was fatty and the chicken was tasty but came from the least expensive parts of the chicken. The jalapeno cornbread would have been good if I didn't spend so much time picking out the jalapenos. Next time we go, it will be for the Blueberry beer!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Conway, New Hampshire
“Great night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Had dinner thursday night at a table in the bar! The waitress was excellent ! We were celebrating my wife's birthday and just wanted a relaxed kid free night out! She was very patient with us as we wanted to take our time it was only our second visit so we were un familiar with the menu she help accommodate a meal to my wife's liking! I'm only writing on my experience because I go out often and service around the valley seems like they are just in it for the money and I understand that's why they work but this one on that night made it seem like so much more she engaged us in conversation she was very attentive really friendly and made my wife's night! Just wish I knew her name

• Visited December 2012