“Great food and atmosphere - worth the wait and the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 86 Restaurants in North Conway
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Groton, Massachusetts
“Great food and atmosphere - worth the wait and the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We ate here twice on our recent long weekend in North Conway. Waits were VERY long both Fri and Sunday evenings (over 90 minutes at 7pm). We put our name in and explored downtown while we waited. The bar area was spacious and the bartenders were friendly and knowledgable about the local draft beer selection (10 on tap). There was also a "play room" for the kids. Ours are on the older side, but they stayed occupied for the final 20 minutes until our table was ready.

Once seated, we were served promptly. Our server was friendly, knowledgable, and attentive.
The food came out fast and was amazing. My wife and I shared a goat cheese salad that was out of this world. The four of us each had individual pizzas. At $12.50 each, they weren't cheap but they were good. My wife and I each had pizza "specials" - mine was bacon and carmelized onion, hers was a veggie with garlic infused tomatoes, portobello mushrooms and kale. One of the kids had a cheese/sausage, but didn't like the sausage. Not enough fillers, nitrates, and chemicals, I guess! His loss, as my wife and I loved it!

All in all, I think we dropped over $80 for the four of us. Not cheap by any means, but very, very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Quite possibly my favorite pizza.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I generally get to New Hampshire about once a year. Every time though, this is one of the first places we eat. The crust on their pizza is phenomenal, I have tried and failed to recreate it at home. I'm sure it has something to do with those awesome ovens they have there. The staff has never failed to be friendly, and their beer selection is awesome as well, loaded up with quite a few local brews. All in all, probably my favorite pizza place in the northeast. If you go there, my favorite pizza is the Mopsy's Kalua Pork Pie, but it's hard to go wrong with any of the pizzas they offer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Really good pizza, good location in the area, not cheap option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is located inside the Eastern Slope Inn in North Conway. It's in a good central location. The pizza is real good, fresh and thin so it's lighter than traditional pizza (a good thing!). The service wasn't all that good, but didn't really take away from the experience here (our waitress never came over to check on us after they brought the pizza, and we needed water and more napkins). It's a nice atmosphere, very open and the cooking takes place right in the dining area which works for pizza.

A few notes:

-It's not a fast meal, so don't go here in a hurry
-It's not cheap, so don't go here expecting a real inexpensive lunch
-All they serve is salad (good) and pizza, so don't go here expecting other options.

A good choice if you are okay with everything I mentioned above.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We were very pleased with this gem in the city. Located in the Eastern Slope Inn. Has a nice little outdoor seating area. We tried one of the specials and one of the menu items, very tasty! Waitress very helpful and attentive.

Visited August 2014
Lyndon
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The best pizza, great service, they care about where the food comes from, and you can watch the pizzas being made right in front of you!

Visited July 2014