“I wonder how much of the product is really made by them ...” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Shopping in North Conway
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
Plainville, Massachusetts
22 attraction reviews
“I wonder how much of the product is really made by them ...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I really have to question how much of the product for sale in this store is made by the people who own the store. Much of it is clearly made elsewhere, as indicated by the labels of other companies. But I really had to wonder how much of the chocolate is actually made by them - and not some other company - when I asked what products might be casein (milk) free, and the attendant didn't have a clue. If the products were really made by them, she should have been able to go into the kitchen and look at the label for the bulk chocolate, or at least call the place where the stuff is made and had them look at the label. She couldn't even tell me if the pure dark chocolate had milk ingredients. And to top it off, the chocolate fudge was abysmal - barely noticeable chocolate flavor, and so dry it was crumbly. We'll skip this one next time for sure.

Visited May 2013

Gorham, Maine
“Chocolate Lovers Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had to stop by the Bavarian Chocolate Haus on our getaway anniversary weekend to have a treat! Everything we tried was scrumptious - and we high recommend it to all those chocolate lovers out there!

Visited May 2013
West Deal, NJ
“OUTSTANDING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The best chocolate ever. I stop here every year when vacationing in NH. It's so good in even mail order. In fact, I had a 5 pound block made for my wife. It was a huge win! Thank you.

Visited April 2013
4 attraction reviews
“The Real Chocolate Factory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Willie Wonka has nothing on the BCH, and Hershey's could take a lesson or two themselves. This place is a little spot of German in America. We stood inside, close our eyes, breath in the smells and listened. It took us back a number of years to when we were first married and lived in Augsburg. Many a trip to see Mad King Ludwig's Castle. Then open your eyes and your mouth to experience the unique taste of true German Chocolate. This is really worth stopping for and, should we return to this area (we are visiting from Missouri) we will make it a point to stop again.

Visited March 2013
New Bedford, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
“Incredible Chocolate and Bavarian Tunes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I visit this place once a year, and it's absolutely worth the 5 hour drive. Sure we enjoy the mountain views, the lovely little shops, and all that the area has to offer, but the Bavarian Chocolate Haus is something that I spend 364 days a year craving. The chocolate is incredible. I would highly recommend the chocolate covered graham cracker, chocolate covered oreo, and Amaretto truffle. Most items are available in milk or dark chocolate. The prices may seem a bit high at first, but it's a necessary splurge. There is always Bavarian music playing, and it can be heard in the parking lot. The music is a fun, inviting touch.

Visited January 2013