“A superb location.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 27 North Conway B&B and Inns
Chelmsford
“A superb location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Searched tripadvisor and found this gem! Easy to find as just off high street and just what we were looking for on our holiday to usa. Met by extremely friendly lady (sorry I've forgotten her name) who took us to room 4, what I called the baseball room. She told us about owners love of the game and his momentos which confirmed how personal this Inn was, not like the large hotels we visited on our vacation. The room was extremely large and the bathroom far exceeded our expectations for a small and intimate Inn. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a fire and air con for all extremes of weather! An excellent location for seeing the beautiful scenery of the surrounding area, Had breakfast just on the corner of the main street at Stairway Cafe, eat outside if you can overlooking the railway station and mountains, a superb view and delicious way to start the day! The shopping outlet is just down the road but we prefered to tour the wonderful countryside. The location and the lovely atmosphere of the Inn was so good we stayed an extre night! For the personal touch and location the Kearsage Inn was a superb find on Tripadvisor!

Room Tip: Room 4 had own entrance on shady side of building which would be a bonus on hot days.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed in room 7, a deluxe room because we were told that pets are never up on the 2nd floor. Very clean, very comfortable, plenty of space for the two of us. Bathroom was updated recently enough. Located nearby everything and within walking distance to a few good breakfast places. About a 5-10 min drive to the outlets and ~45 mins from Mt.Washington.

Some very minor comments: the wireless in our room was very poor, constantly lost the signal. Secondly, the towels provided were the least absorbent towels i've ever used in my life. And lastly, the room could use a small desk or chair/table just to be able to put a laptop down. But to be fair, all are minor complaints.

We enjoyed the inn and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Maitland, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We spent three nights (for the price of two -- April special) in room 9 (aka 209). Very roomy; gas fireplace, Jacuzzi tub (not that we used the Jacuzzi aspect), king-size bed, balcony. We looked at the Penthouse Room -- we could have upgraded at little or no charge -- it was relatively dark, so we did not upgrade.
Met various people at the front desk -- all were friendly and very helpful.
Good coffee and good orange juice in the morning. They could at least bring in some muffins and/or cookies for breakfast (we brought our own cookies) i.e. provide a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Receptionists agreed that Room 9 is the best.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
newport, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I visit N. Conway at least one a year an usually stay at the Eastern Slope Inn, but since they changed hands and require a 2 night minimum stay we had to look elsewhere. I was very pleased with the Kearsarge Inn. For the price, the accomodations were very nice. We had reserved room 208, but somehow wound up with the penthouse suite # 11. Not sure how that happened, but was even more pleased. Huge living room with fireplace, jacuzzi tub, two sinks, very small shower though. Nice king size bed with another fireplace. Very spacious for one night. We will definitely stay there again. You can pay double down the road and not get nearly as nice of a room. There is no breakfast, but they do have a nice selection of teas. Walking distance to all of downtown Conway.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
St-Pie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I went to the Kearsrge with my husband on April 2012. Honestly, I only have positive things to say about it : its location, its rooms (warm, comfortable, cosy, and CLEAN, so so clean!), its staff (everyone I met there was very friendly and helpful). I was with my dog and everything was just perfect. The ONLY thing I could say is that I was BIT disappointed because there was no breakfast (just coffee and horrible orange juice). But, hey, I paid 69 $ per night, and there are several restaurant just a few steps from the hotel. I would strongly recommand that place (I already did recommand it to my friends, especially to the ones who think its hard to find a place that accepts pets).

Room Tip: First floor room (I had room number 1) are great because they have their own private entrance.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed there in March 2012. I love the place and will return. The room was cosy and inviting and very clean. I would have enjoyed a night table on both sides of the bed though. They do not offer breakfast any longer. But, they offer coffee and there is a wonderful bakery right next door. They are steps away from the downtown North Conway. Very nice!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

The Kearsage Inn was recommended by my neighbor, who doesn't have children. For a couple, the rooms upstairs are quaint and cute, and would offer a good experience. The hotel is nicely located. For anyone with children however (especially active boys), I would encourage to seek out other accommodations. The walls are thin, so any amount of horseplay will most likely be heard by your neighbors.
We stayed in the room downstairs (they accept small animals), and the room was pretty depressing (not nearly as nice as upstairs). The rooms downstairs are dark and dingy and I would not recommend those at all for anyone.
Summary: nice for couples only, but make sure you stay upstairs.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kearsarge Inn? Share your experiences!