“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Charlton, Massachusetts
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was our first visit and stay at the Clarendon Motel. We found our room to be very clean and the queen size bed was very comfortable. Although the motel is situated on the highway, we were not disturbed by traffic noise. The staff was very helpful and courteous. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool but that was not a problem for us.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were in town to enjoy Storyland, located just 2.4 miles north of the Clarendon Motel. For us the location was perfect, north of downtown North Conway and south of Storyland. As mentioned in most reviews, the rooms are dated, but clean and well maintained. Quiet outside and between rooms. Air conditioning worked well. I choose it because of it's reviews and price on Priceline although we did book over the phone. I highly suggest if you're looking for an affordable place to stay in the North Conway area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Clarendon last night for the third time over the past six or seven years. I wanted to
experience how North Conway celebrates is Fourth of July. Situated an a small rise about two miles beyond the village, it is an older, very clean and well-maintained property offering rooms at considerably lower prices than most of the other accommodations in the area. The front desk staff is friendly and attentive. This place, like Barton's Motel in Laconia, proves that older does not at all mean ruin-down. It is simply a clean and comfortable place to rest at the end of a long day exploring the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
New City, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had never been to the Mt Washington area before and planned a vacation and itinerary all via internet. I found the Clarendon Motel online and checked their calendar before calling Diane the owner.....She set me up for 5 nights and I later decided to extend it to 6 after seeing how much there is to do in the area.
I was greeted upon arrival and assigned a room....I found the wireless internet service to be weak from the room that I was assigned to, so I went back to the office and spoke with Diane,,,,who moved me to another room adjacent to the office.....Wireless worked like a charm from that point onward.....When I told Diane what I wanted to do in the area, she gave me a batch of pamphlets and dining guide which was a great help. Diane and her husband Bill are very friendly and were great hosts during the stay....Asking me if things were ok with the room and asking how things were going with my exploring around the area...The Clarendon is about 16-18 miles and 20-30 minutes South of the Mt. Washington Auto road via Rte 16 and about 45 minutes and 36 miles from the Cog Ralroad via Rte 302 and Base Station Rd...but the Clarendon is also within a few miles of plenty of restaurants, shopping, gas stations, so you are not out in the middle of no-where...plus the Clarendon is just North of the business district so it is a quieter location with less traffic and noise than downtown....another plus to me.

I was very satisfied with the room accomodations.....A/C, fridge, microwave, TV.....Room was very clean and cleaned daily during my visit......Cicking onto the room pictures on the Clarendon website will give an idea of what the rooms are like....If you want a sauna or pool, you'll have to go to one of the local resorts....but you'll pay a lot more.......For my needs, a clean room with wireless, a/c..etc is all I need.....I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If wireless internet is a priority, ask for a room closer to the office (depending on number of beds...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our room was large and sunny. Located right on Rt. 16 but past the louder part of North Conway village. Very clean and super friendly hosts! Walking distance to great beer and food. Coffee was offered first thing in the morning and our hosts were very knowledgeable about things to do in the area. Overall, a great stay and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Prescott Valley, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Large room, so-so bed, easy access off highway but kind of out of town on north side so a ways back to restaurants, gas, etc. Clerk had to stop watching TV to briefly check us into room. Peak season for tourists when we were there but still felt overpriced for value received.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Concord, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I traveled here in March, 2012 to hike Mt. Washington. I am a woman in my 40s traveling alone. This place is clean. Nothing special. The location isn't too bad. The woman who checked me in seemed a little concerned that there were additional people traveling with me because it seems they charge for additional people. I informed her I was traveling alone, and I don't think she believed me. If you want an inexpensive place to stay this is adequate.

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
desktopN, Owner at Clarendon Motel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your comment about our Motel, I apologise for making you feel like I did not believe you that you were only 1 person but we do ask everyone when they check in to verify how many people they have because sometimes the number of people changes from the time they make the reservation and the time they arrive.

Been to Clarendon Motel? Share your experiences!