“Alright” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Concord, New Hampshire
“Alright”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I traveled here in March, 2012 to hike Mt. Washington. I am a woman in my 40s traveling alone. This place is clean. Nothing special. The location isn't too bad. The woman who checked me in seemed a little concerned that there were additional people traveling with me because it seems they charge for additional people. I informed her I was traveling alone, and I don't think she believed me. If you want an inexpensive place to stay this is adequate.

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
desktopN, Owner at Clarendon Motel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your comment about our Motel, I apologise for making you feel like I did not believe you that you were only 1 person but we do ask everyone when they check in to verify how many people they have because sometimes the number of people changes from the time they make the reservation and the time they arrive.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I just returned home from North Conway where we stayed at the Clarendon Motel. This is our third year in a row staying there. It had always been clean and comfortable and the rates are good. The owners are very nice people and they have coffee for you in the office, also cookies. It's also a quiet place to stay. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We stay in one of the rooms that face the main street. It's nice to sit and relax on their comf...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My family lives in the area, and instead of inconveniencing them - I try to stay in the neighborhood. The past few times I've stayed at the Clarendon, and it's been absolutely comfortable. The rooms are clean, it has the north country vibe, the accommodations meet my needs (tv, wifi, fridge, microwave... etc). They've been incredibly helpful, and everyone who works there is super personable.

Without a doubt a great place to stay - price, people, area - I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I had a great experience at the Clarendon Motel. It had every thing I needed for a comfortable stay. TV, AC, Refrigerator, Microwave, Wi Fi. The rooms were very, very clean and the view from the back room was beautiful. Location was quiet, and owners were very welcoming and friendly. It was nice to wake up to fresh coffee in the office before heading out exploring the white mountains for the day. Looking forward to my next stay this winter!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back have the best view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Branford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We had the oportunity to stay at the Clarendon Motel in June 2011. It was my first time in New Hampshire and I was really looking forward to seeing the mountains. My husband and I were very surprised to see the accommodations that awaited us. The room was comfortable, spacious, exceptionally clean and welcoming.The owners Bill and Diane were gratious and helpful from the moment we arrived. They ansered our many questions and even gave us valuable tips on the many scenic spots in the area allowing us to get the most of our time spent there . We couln't have asked for anything more. Our trip was amazing and so was our stay at the Clarendon. Which is why we will be going back again this Oct for the fall foliage. Looking forward to that comfortable bed again!!!

Room Tip: Call ahead
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

The room was very clean, the style was a little bit old fashioned but the bed comfortable, the room was well equipped (frigo, micro wave, tv with many channels and wifi). Moreover the bathroom was very clean, many towels, soaps...

I recommend the motel because the price was not so expensive and i stayed in a motel which was really bad compare to this one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New Boston, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed on the back side of the motel it was very quiet and private. Very clean rooms! My family was very comfy and all agreed we would come back again. Staff was great too!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Clarendon Motel? Share your experiences!