“Stay only if there are no other rooms in the area” 2 of 5 stars

Mount Washington Valley Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1567 White Mtn. Hwy, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Chicago, Illinois
“Stay only if there are no other rooms in the area”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

It was literally the last room in the town - all other hotels were booked. Othewise, I would have chosen another place. Basement room, stain everywhere. I walked in my slippers and slept in my clothes on - so dirty the room looked. Breakfast area is very small for everyone to fit there (I was waiting for a table and had to share one with another family); food is extremely basic, a long line to make waffles.One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hampton, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Do not stay here!! We originally booked 2 nights , called around for another hotel. Addressed our concerns with management . they gave us all BUT $35 back Run by a fleet of Indians whom have to live there .They say they have WIFI but couldnt access it in our room. No remote control for TV , and very minimal cable channels.....Took my kids and granddaughter . Rug was stained and so gross we couldnt let her crawl on the floor. Shower had scalding hot water . driplets when you tried to get cold water Hair dryer hung on the vanity as the attachment on the wall was broken . Pool was NASTY, very cold.and room was rundown they advertise jacuzzi ... really?? Continental breakfast was poor .. make your own waffles, english muffins, and bread to toast . temp control in frig was broken. Paid $150 a night including tax . definately not worth the price, we checked into the Red Jacket Hotel for $220 a night , well worth the extra $70 dollars .VERY UNHAPPY ... WISH I READ THE REVIEWS . THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS ..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Summerside, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Rooms were filthy,smelly,it reeked so bad we couldn`t have coffee in A.M..the bureau was held shut with a paper towel,no WIFI...Sleep in your car you will feel cleaner next morning...room was way over priced,we paid 199.00 for FILTH...Never again

Room Tip: no room is a good room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
brookline
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This place is filthy, dated smells.
We had to stay here one night in a pinch and I was so repulsed.

The rug was covered in stains as were the walls.
I am not sure how they stay in Bussiness and have not been closed down.

Save yourself and your nose the trouble.

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

First thing what I always check is toilet.. I'm a mom so I gotta make sure the toilet is sanitary. But guess what i saw as soon as I lifted the toilet sit?... I saw PEE!!! All over it!!!
Besides that Toilet paper roll was wet, room SUPER dusty, cigarette smell in non-smoking room, Hair on the mattress, even window screen fall of when I tried to look in the window (good thing that it was a 1st floor because I would probably fall of the window together with the screen)... so HORRIBLE! !!!
I would not pay a penny to stay in that hotel!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Customer satisfaction is NOT a priority for the owner of this Inn!!! Our room was dirty!! The curtains were ancient and had holes in them . They looked like they were moth eaten! The cheap plastic shower curtain smelled musty. The towels were old and stained. The side entrance was always left opened so we didn't feel safe and that entrance had dirty walls and carpet! The only positive thing I can say is that the girl at the front desk was pleasant. One more thing! If you do decide to stay after reading these reviews, you'll need to bring your own pillows.

• Stayed July 2014
Newmarket, NH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel was a mess! From the moment we walked in our room all we could smell was dog urine. We ourselves had brought a dog, so we knew that this was a "dog friendly room". In the bathroom, one of the ceiling panels was loose and would flop up every time someone came in or out the main door of the room. On our second night, we came back to our room at 11pm to find our entire bathroom soaking wet!! Water had leaked from the loose ceiling panel every where!! We told the front desk the next morning and all she said was, "Ok we will look into it, thanks", no apology or anything! The rest of the staff were also very rude whenever we ran into them. They walk around the hotel with no identification on and say nothing to anyone. It's really creepy!! Overall thoughts...NEVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Mount Washington Valley Inn? Share your experiences!