“I love the 1950's charm” 4 of 5 stars
Review of White Trellis Motel

You added White Trellis Motel to your Saves list
White Trellis Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3245 White Mountain Hwy., Rte. 16, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Clearwater, Florida
“I love the 1950's charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I could stay at the big box hotels in North Conway, but I choose to frequent the small business owner. Now mind you, there is no luxury here. You don't get a pool or game room, no rubbery egg buffet breakfast. But what you do get is a clean quaint room with kind friendly service for a very reasonable and affordable price. No frills or thrills, but it is quiet and reminds me of travel as a child, when things were simple and charming. The knotty pine and tiled bathroom is so reminiscent of the drive in motel of an era nearly gone. If we don't patronize them, well, it just might turn into another big boxy chain. Do go to town and get an early morning coffee and muffin at the metro.

Room Tip: Number 5 has two beds and the twin in the room is easy on my back.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Unity, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I travel for work and stay at the White Trellis on a weekly basis and stay in the same reserved room each week. It's clean, cozy and comfortable and the management is quite accommodating. I don't require expensive extras and feel this inn is well worth the money and it's also close to local restaurants, etc. I have no problem giving this motel five stars.

Room Tip: Let the owner, Mary, make the decision with you.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very quaint and pleasent stay. Had everything I needed - clean, comfortable, warm and quite.
Owner lady was very helpful and pleasent. I asked for a room with a shower that had a handrail anf she had one (I'm slightly handicapped). She checked with me to make sure it eas sufficient - nice lady.
Nice view of mountains across street and good resturants nearby.
Very reasonable price.
A travel buddy got a second room - also very pleased.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We come up to North Conway every fall and enjoy staying in family-run, low-key motels. I waited a bit too long to make a reservation this year and wound up with the White Trellis as being my last option. Well, there sure was a reason that no one else wanted to stay there. To name a few problems: teeny tiny room, thin walls, and uncomfortable bed. Everything screamed cheap in here. The towels were probably thirty years old and even the toilet paper roll was half used. One pillow per bed and a thin blanket. We asked about the AC/fan and the owner told us she turned it off because it wasn't summer anymore. But at the same time, the heat wasn't on either. Clearly this is a motel run by people willing to do anything to save a buck. Even the vending machine charged $1.25 for a tiny bottle of water. It was shameful, and surprisingly not cheap to stay here. Next year if I don't book early enough, I will be happy to put out a few extra dollars to avoid this experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hubby and I wanted a adventerous weekend getaway up north. The plans were made last min. Not realizing it was fryeburg fair weekend. This was the only hotel/motel with a reasonable price that was vacant within a 50 miles radius. No wonder why. It was the worst motel I've ever stayed in. There was 1 electrical socket, a dirty carpet, hair all over the mattress &on the bathroom sink, no clock, the decor was terrible and old fashion, the mattress was way too small for the two of us to sleep comfortably (and we're not big ppl). When it was time to go to sleep I felt like my skin was crawling. I was so skeeved out by this place. We stayed for 2 nights. The second night we went out and bought a huge can of lysol, and sprayed the crap out of the room and the mattress. The towels smelt like mildew & the sheets and pillow cases were stained. Just plain terrible. I will never stay there ever again even if I was paid too.

• Stayed October 2013
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We needed a room for one night on a weekend when most places had a two night minimum or nothing available, so ended here. It is an older style motel, and the rooms are very small and very dated - I think quaint would probably describe it (reminds me exactly of places I stayed as a kid, and that was a long time ago). After reading the other reviews I think there must be different decors, tvs in every room. Our tv worked fine, the bed looked a little scary (very springy) but was more comfortable than it looked), and the bathroom was large and clean although the tile was straight out of the sixties. Negatives were the noise from the next door rooms and the total lack of outlets (including the bathroom which had none). The one easily accessible didn't even work. It was fine for one night, but I would only stay here if nothing else was available. A bit pricy for what you get, and our room was not in the "wifi zone" We left early due to our plans so did not try out the "coffee and danish" that was available at 7am. Being on the north side of North Conway was a plus if you were heading to places north of there because you did not have to deal with North Conway traffic.

Room Tip: If you need more than one pillow bring your own.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here last night and left before the sun was even up. The rooms are old, and that's not a problem, except they have not been maintained. There is rust in the shower, the tub looked terribly dirty, the shower curtain was covered in all kinds of stains, and the sink in the bathroom didn't drain. The water pressure was poor. The windows along with the sills and blinds were covered in debris and dirt--old metal venetian blinds that are rusted and squeaky. The tv does not have a remote....it's the old tube kind. Every time we pushed the button to change the channel, the tv turned off and we had to turn it back on and move forward one channel, and repeat the steps. The worst part of all, however, was the lack of heat. At check-in, we were told to let the owner know if we wanted heat, she was pleased she said to have recently installed digital thermostats. We entered our room at noon and it felt like a refrigerator...we let her know we'd like to exercise our option for heat. We went off to our event and returned late in the evening. We found that the temp had gone from 59 up to 64. Thought that would be okay, except it got really cold during the night...so cold that sleep became difficult. The mattresses are apparently wrapped in plastic and the sheets are so thin that the cold from the plastic made my bones ache. And the beds....they're about 1 1/2 feet off the floor. I was planning to go to the car, turn on the heat, and try to sleep, but my travel companion woke up and was equally as uncomfortable so we just packed up and left. I truly can't recall a worse experience at any hotel/motel. The people who wrote positive reviews about this place (I checked them before we booked this) must have been here in the summer months and maybe got updated rooms. ???? I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, it's just that bad.

Room Tip: Find another hotel....there are no good rooms here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to White Trellis Motel? Share your experiences!