“Nice Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Ridge Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Conway
Crown Ridge Resort
You added Crown Ridge Resort to your Saves list
326 Crown Ridge Rd, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
“Nice Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed in a three bedroom duplex unit with two and a half baths and garage. Our unit was comfortable, clean and well equipped. The resort was convenient to everything but it still felt very private in the woods. We really enjoyed our week long stay. Taking away a star due to the unit being uncomfortable for a couple of days out of the week due to the temperature hitting over 90 degrees.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Salem, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice place--very clean and comfortable. Just far enough away from town--quiet yet accessible. When we were there, the pool and fitness center were being renovated, so we didn't get to enjoy them (they looked nice). But there's too much to do in this area to hang around the pool. Go to Diana's Baths instead.

The only employees we saw were the people at the desk, and they were very helpful and accommodating.

Slow wifi in the unit. There's no AC, so be prepared to deal with that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Gorham, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Hard to believe it's been ten years since I wrote one of the first reviews for this resort! I figured it might be time for me to offer an updated review, especially since there is good news to report:). We just got back from a week at Crown Ridge. One thing for anyone to be aware of who is visiting there in the next few weeks is that the pool area is under renovation. So for awhile longer until completion, guests have the option of using the recreational facilities at the nearby RCI resort of Eastern Slope Inn on Main St. which we enjoyed several times as it has a large pool, both indoor and outdoor hot tubs, and a well-equipped exercise room. But soon enough the pool area will be back and better than ever at Crown Ridge, including showers and a new hot tub.
The other big news is that there now is a wi-fi internet connection available in the individual units, not just at the resort clubhouse. This definitely was an appreciated convenience by the group of friends who joined us to vacation at Crown Ridge. In looking over other reviews for Crown Ridge, I thought it might be helpful to offer the following tips:
-It is true that guests are asked to drop off their trash in the dumpster before they leave. While this may be different from a high-end luxury resort, I have never even thought of it being an issue. Maybe b/c it fits right in with Yankee practicality or maybe b/c it couldn't be any easier to drop off since you have to drive right by the dumpster every time you use the main driveway (sole access point) to enter or leave the property.
-You don't have to worry about having enough detergent, whether for dishes in the kitchen or clothes/linens in the laundry area. The front desk always is ready to offer additional detergent as needed.
-We have stayed at Crown Ridge over the years in spring, fall, and winter but never in the warmest months of July-August. It's true that the units are not air-conditioned, but each bedroom has a sturdy pedestal fan plus there is the powerful ceiling fan in the common living area, so it seems like these should be fairly effective for temperatures up to the 80s F, less so if there's a 90s F heat wave (uncommon even in summer).
-In terms of size, all units are spacious but #1-8 are even larger than units #9-20. We've stayed in one of the "smaller" units before, but it's been awhile so I can't remember if there are significant differences beyond size. We usually stay in Unit 1 and like it because of easy proximity for walking to the clubhouse for morning/evening swims. Also, the larger units (and I think the others as well) have plenty of parking space, which is definitely convenient when friends with cars are visiting as well.
-It's always great having the well-equipped kitchen, comfy living room including cathedral ceilings and *lots* of windows looking out on nature's beauty, good quality beds and the super-convenience of in-unit laundry facilities. The flip switch gas fireplace is great during all three seasons except summer. Even with a warm spring or fall day, temps can drop in the evening enough that having a fire going is a lovely way to guarantee temperature comfort.
-The unique design and layout of these units was well-done from the start such that you rarely will ever even be aware that there is another unit attached to the one you are staying in. There is definitely a feeling of privacy and the only noise you might hear comes from nature!
-For those who value TV entertainment as part of their vacation experience, there is a large line-up of cable channels and 3 TVs in the unit--one in the king BDR, one in the queen BDR, and a flat-screen in the living room.
-Even more outdoor features: Though we rarely use it, it's nice having a deck off the king BDR. We definitely make regular use of the deck off the living room with a picnic table that easily accommodates eight for supper. We almost always take advantage of the small grill rental for $3/wk that can easily be arranged at the front desk. Also at the main office/clubhouse, there is a tennis court, a small playground, and more grills (no-cost use)/picnic table. Of course there are numerous hiking opportunities throughout the area, but it's nice that there are a couple of lovely trails right on the property. One behind the main office runs along a babbling brook. Another can be picked up by the driveway for unit 5 and runs uphill, including a nice little waterfall feature:).
-The one thing that really surprised me was to read a review that mentioned mousetraps/pests. We've been vacationing at Crown Ridge for almost 15 years and I've never seen a mousetrap or so much as an ant, which is pretty surprising given the woodsy surroundings. Also, read one mention of basement moisture and again wonder if there was an issue limited to one unit that was subsequently repaired or resulted from extreme rain, as I've never experienced anything other than a dry basement there.
-Other things kids of all ages love (besides the heated pool): the pool table in the clubhouse, the loft in the unit, the ping-pong tables in the larger units--all good fun even on a rainy day:)
I've tried to cover everything I can think of (since I probably won't write a review update for another 10 years!), so please let me know if this has been helpful and whether there's anything else you might want to know.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Nice private places but a little outdated, however they were clean. No wi-fi unless you walk down to the main check in. If your staying in winter might need 4x4 to get to your unit. Close to downtown North Conway, overall decent place would stay again but probably check out a couple other places before i do.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed at this "resort" on January 19th, 2014,and I have to say that I am surprised by some of the reviews I've seen, because I WISHED that I experienced that. Resort???? I just don't think so. Starting with the fact that you are "CHARGED" if you fail to load dishes in dishwasher, or pull the trash bags from the cans and take them out yourself does not say "Resort" to me. But most of all, if Crown Ridge does not find it necessary to provide a COMFORTABLE stay for their residents at their "resort", then there would NEVER be a way that I could ever recommend this site to family or friends, nor would I ever visit again myself. When staying at a resort, rest is very important on my list, and with the condition of the beds at Crown Ridge this will never be possible. These were by far the worst condition beds I've ever been in. My self and my wife tossed and turned all night, and after a long day at the ski resort, I looked forward to a restful night. Major disappointment.. Crown Ridge should be ashamed to have these, and should promote a more comforting experience and stay to their customers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Quispamsis, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Crown Ridge was the best choice in resorts we could have made for our fall family vacation. The building while rustic outside was modern and spacious inside. Our motel had 3 bedrooms, one large bedroom with 2 single beds in the basement, 1 medium size queen bedroom on the main floor and one very large loft bedroom on the top floor. The loft bedroom was complete with a Jacuzzi and huge bathroom. The kitchen is big enough and has a dishwasher, coffee machine (not Keurig), dishes, all the necessities. There is enough dishwashing detergent to do you so no need to bring more. The basement has a compact washer and dryer with a couple detergent packs, not enough for us so we bought more. You will want more since you are washing your towels and there were five of us. There is a nice size kitchen table and a warm fireplace for chilly nights. This place was very, very clean. This is very important to us and it delivered. The pool was not in use the first couple of days due to humidity control problems. The pool and surrounding area was clean also and the hot tub was great although we didn't spend a lot of time in it. There is an old model computer you can use which is internet accessible and in the same room are a collection of board games, puzzles, magazines and a television area for lounging. All in all we were pleased with Crown Ridge and would recommend it to friends. We would not hesitate to return upon our next visit to New Hampshire.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dudley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed in townhouse #14. Family of five, and very pleasantly surprised when we opened the front door. All the comforts of home one could ever ask for. Very large, privacy galore, out in the forest surrounded by evergreen trees and nature's pleasures, no nearby neighbors, but very close to N. Conway center (rte. 16)....2.5 minute ride. I'm a bit of a critic when it comes to reviewing vacation places, but this place is hands down, one of the three nicest places we've stayed at. Extremely clean, gas fireplace, full kitchen, fully equipped...just like home. The unit was approx. 1,800' sq. Two full baths with good water pressure in showers, one with bubbly tub, master bedroom with king-size bed, windows, slider with a balcony, spiral staircase leading to it. Loft above kitchen with two twins...my teens loved it. Queen bed on first floor with full bath. Full, spacious living room with new couch and love seat. The views are breath taking. Plenty of natural sunlight and windows. I was very pleased to hear there wasn't wifi. All five of us unplugged for three days and if we needed wifi, we drove to the club house where there is wifi, a small, but nicely equipped gym, a recreation room with pool table and computer, puzzles, books, etc. Although I didn't use the indoor pool, my kids loved it and also the accompanying hot tub. If you would like a great family getaway, this is IDEAL...or even for a couples' weekend...Crown Ridge would be wonderful for any occasion. Although I saw a reviewer say there is no air conditioning, that might be a problem for some...but we just got home from there today...so cannot comment on excessive heat in the summer...but could be an issue for some. There are several fans, overhead and free-standing in the townhouse. There is nothing negative I can really say...except it could use a little face lift here and there. We loved it so much that we're going back for our honeymoon and then back in June with the kids. Oh....and one more comment: Trina at the front desk was a huge part of our terrific stay. She was very helpful with answering our questions about dining and steered us in the right direction and any other help we needed. Quite honestly, she is what makes a resort like this a nice place to stay. Everyone is so laid back and helpful. Why wouldn't you want to stay here? I cannot figure out for the life of me why Crown Ridge is rated 19 out of 25 on Tripadvisor. Hope more people chime in here to get their rating increased. They are very deserving of it. Trina, thanks again for all your help. We really enjoyed conversing with you and you're a lovely woman who only adds to the beauty of this resort. See you soon! Eileen, David, Spenser, Brandon & Zach.

Room Tip: Ask questions when reserving...there are townhouses....and also very large three-bedroom homes with...