“excellent vacation” 5 of 5 stars

3351 White Mountain Highway, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #4 of 25 hotels in North Conway
“excellent vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2005

the web-site does not do this place justice. the stonehurst is absolutely beautiful! from the long manicured drive-way up, to the perfect lawns and flower gardens, this place is awesome. our room was one of the best i have ever stayed in. clean, good bed, very good shower pressure, nice furniture, and a beautiful fireplace! as if this wasn't enough, the food is incredible! steak, tuna, chicken dish, lobster, all done to perfection. the staff is very attentive from start to finish. i cant say enough about our stay here. thanks for making our get-away one of the best vacations we ever took. if your thinking about staying at the manor, you wont be disappointed.

633 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2005

My husband suprised me with a getaway for the weekend of 5/20. We ended up in North Conway New Hampshire and settled into our motel. We were looking for someplace to eat and came across the advertisement for Stonehurst Manor in the White Mountain Guide. We unfortunately were not staying at the manor and were very sorry that we didnt when we got there. We drove up the driveway and I commented to my husband about how serene it was. We then rounded the corner and saw what was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. I was completely amazed at the grounds and the exterior of the Manor. We parked the car and went inside. I felt like a princess that had just stepped into a castle. We made our reservations for 5:30 dinner and went to the lounge. This was not just a "lounge", it was the library of the Manor and was just magnificent. The hand carved mantle and the window seat were extraordinary. The bartender and the maitre'de was so very friendly and told us a lot about the history of the manor. Our meal was beyond words, my husband had the 3/4 lb prime rib and I had the veal w/crabmeat. The prime rib was fork tender and exrremely juicy, the veal was out of this world. The most exciting for me (but rather silly) was the creme brulee' for dessert....it was FABULOUS. The waitress was very very pleasant and I can say that we will go back very soon, only this time we will be staying at the Manor. I also brought a brochure to work with me, bragging about the "little piece of heaven" and 3 people have photocopied it and are making reservations to stay there. They deserve a huge pat on the back, but that would not be sufficient enough to thank them for such a wonderful relaxing meal. If you want to see a beautiful place to stay, got to ------.

Sincerely
Tammy Leighton

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2005

Great Location, the manor is in the white mountains of nh. The rooms were old and could use some sprucing up. The food was good tho! going to try something diffent next time.

Stayed March 2005
Middleton, Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2005

We've stayed numerous times at the Manor, each time getting a different room......some better than others, but that's part of the appeal, no two rooms are alike. You always get a wonderful meal in the restaurant and the servers are very engaging ......if you just want a get away for the weekend, this is the perfect place.....you can't beat the cozy lobby with the smell of a burning fireplace to just sit and read or have a cocktail.....If you're looking to slow things down, this is the place to do it! Last but not least, you won't find a better value anywhere for what you get! A very satisfied customer....

Plainville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2005

In January 2005 I spent seven wonderful days at Stonehurst Manor. This was my first stay at Stonehurst and it wins FIVE STARS! The main desk staff was exceptionally courteous and informative and provided oustanding personal assistance when required. My room was tastefully decorated while providing a "right at home" feeling. Stonehurt's menu provided a variety of excellent choices. Every meal was extraordinary in both quality and presentation. The wait staff was extremely attentive, courteous and friendly. Their lounge was very comfortable with a large beautiful fireplace and, once again, an attentive, courteous and friendly staff. Having hiking and snowshoeing trails right outside the door was specially convenient. Overall, my stay at Stonehurst was equal to the Five Star Fairmont Hotels in Bermuda, Quebec, Vancouver and Victoria where I have stayed on vacations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2005

We would like people to know how pleasureable our weekend stay at Stonehurst was. The manor and it's atmosphere is Class A, top it off with, dinner at the manor and you could believe for awhile that you just fell into an era of old English country dining. Our Hostess who has been there for 5 years was wonderful as usual. Our waitress was great. We had a party of six and all were equally delighted with our meals and service. We would have to rate 10 stars on service, atmosphere, and delicious cuisine. The diversity with the leg of lamb, the wild mushroom ravioli with gorgonzola cheese sauce and the grillled meatloaf with merlot sauce were prepared exquisitely. We would be very grateful if the chef would give cooking lessons on how to prepare his wonderful dishes. We have traveled Las Vegas, Nassau, Bahamas and many great cities in between and we try to include the manor at least once a year.

Lisa & Lynn Brady
Scarborough. Maine

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2005

My wife and I retreated to this cozy hotel with our two-year old son for a two night mid-week excursion. Our $96 room included breakfast and dinner which we considered to be a pretty good bargain. What we didn't realize when we booked was that the dining room was on the formal side. When we went to dinner the first night, our two-year old in tow, I felt a bit akward. The restaurant staff, perhaps sensing our discomfort, went the extra mile to help us feel right at home. I've never met restaurant staff so friendly. Just because it was easier for us, we decided to take dinner in our room. We did enjoy a nice complimentary breakfast in the dining room the next morning.

The main lodge was beautifully fashioned with Christmas decorations from all over the world and an inviting fire awaited our arrival. The white cat roaming the lounge was a real treat for our son.

Our room (#1) was, eh, unremarkable. The TV could have been featured on Antiques Roadshow but to my surprise it tuned in the cable perfectly. The furniture was a bit dinged up but the beds were comfortable. We did have to go to CVS to buy a travel-sized shampoo since it wasn't supplied. Our room happened to be located beneath a staircase to the upper-floor rooms so we got quite a bit of noise as other lodgers climbed up and down. Nevertheless, everything was tidy and comfortable enough.

Finally, just because I was curious, we stopped at the very modern Holiday Inn just down the road on our way out of town to find out what type of deal we really got. We were quoted $85 so I figure with the meals included we got a deal.

Been to The Stonehurst Manor? Share your experiences!