My husband surprised me with a short getaway to The Stonehurst Manor in North Conway. We had never been to New Hampshire and we needed a place where we could bring our new, 5-month old puppy.
This unique "boutique hotel" sits atop a hill overlooking the White Mountains with incredible views and amazing tranquility. According to its site, the manor is a "turn-of-the-century Victorian mansion set on 33 rolling acres. It was originally built as the summer estate of carpet baron Erastus Bigelow, founder of Bigelow Carpets".
Weddings are hosted at the manor, and I can see why! With the sprawling outdoor views, gazebo and indoor elegant Victorian decor, there are plenty of photo ops for a bride and groom.
We rented a pet-friendly room toward the back of the manor. There are 26 rooms total, with 16 in the actual manor (I am sure those are nicer with fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs) and 10 more in motel-style on the grounds. Our room was spotless with a food and water bowl and biscuits to greet our puppy. There are four dining areas, including a great screened Veranda. Every detail of its decor is carefully thought out.
One early evening we took advantage of the outdoor pool and hot tub. It's kept clean and well lit at night. The gazebo, as well as an outdoor seating and dining area are near by. Toward a higher point on the grounds, 10 Adirondack chairs are lined up facing the majestic mountains. Take a seat and just zone out!
The food!!! I don't have enough space to discuss the incredibly great food at this place. We had a breakfast and dinner package, which allowed us to eat our morning and evening meals at no additional cost. Trust me, it is a bargain for what you get! I had prime rib one night, rack of lamb another...lobster and chicken are also on the menu. Try the Emerald City drink! It's fantastic! They make their own stone oven pizza to die for, but seriously everything we ate was beyond good. The chef and sous chef - Ari and Chris - must be noted for the meals they prepared. Even if you don't stay here, have a meal at the manor. You will not be disappointed.
Around the hotel is a charming tourist town with old school shops like Zeb's Five and Ten. There's an outlet mall on the main street and nearly every store there is pet friendly, as well.
Though pet-friendly, the hotel doesn't offer a lot of family friendly activities. We did not see one child during our stay. Along the strip where the manor is located, other lodgings cater to families and children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE dinner and breakfast at the Stonehurst Manor, a turn-of-the-century mansion located on 33 private acres just one mile north of North Conway, New Hampshire where you'll experience the "best" getaways that Mt. Washington Valley and the White Mountains have to offer. Romantic guestrooms and suites(many with mountain views, Jacuzzis and wood-burning fireplaces), a popular gourmet restaurant, a Library Lounge with a huge fieldstone fireplace and artisan-carved oak paneling gourmet restaurant serving New England cuisine and Italian specialties featuring Manor-made fresh pasta, wood-fired oven baked artisan bread and signature sourdough pizzas. We are also pet friendly! Outdoor seasonal heated pool and hot tub, tennis and doorstep access to trail network for walking, snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Conveniently located to area activities including tax-free shopping, skiing, fly fishing, hiking, biking, zip lines, and climbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, T4B and Odigeo so you can book your The Stonehurst Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor North Conway
- Stonehurst Manor Hotel North Conway