“A must try in North Conway” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bagels
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“A must try in North Conway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had the wonderful opportunity to meet Dig Dave at a charity event and we just had to give his bagels a try. We stopped by on our way out of North Conway and were so happy we did. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bagels were outstanding - just the way I love them light and filling. You must try the cream cheese! Best I have ever had! We will be back again and again. Thank you Dave

• Visited January 2014

Vermont
“Absolutely a hidden gem!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We've been driving by this place for years (we go to North Conway a few times a year), but this week was the first time we've stopped in. First impressions - very cute deli, super-casual, with great ladies working at the counter and the kitchen. We did have a bit of sticker shock at the prices for sandwiches, but that evaporated rather quickly once we experienced the size and quality of the sandwich we ordered. I had a cup of pea soup - DELICIOUS, with huge chunks of ham and bacon. My husband and I also split The Original Reuben. THE BEST. It was HUGE, with a ton of corned beef, perfectly grilled rye bread, with just the right amount of perfectly flavored sauerkraut (not TOO sour) and cheese/dressing. We were too stuffed to try the desserts, but next time we will be extra hungry when we stop in for lunch or breakfast. This will definitely be someplace we go every time we travel to North Conway from now on!

• Visited October 2013
Anaheim, CA
“Amazing Quality and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

So happy that I sought out this bagel cafe. It's not the most conveniently located to "motel row" but it is well worth the effort. The owner was soooo friendly, service was great and the quality of the breakfast bagel sandwiches was amazing. Ate here twice during our 2 day stay on an 8 day fall foliage road trip. Don't leave this place without trying a piece of their famous "crumb cake". I'm not a sweet eater but I really really enjoyed this powdered sugar covered delight.

Visited September 2013
Goffstown, New Hampshire
“Aims to please!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I went to No.Conway for the w/e. Read the reviews about Daves, so we went for lunch. Behind the counter were simply beautiful bagels. I felt like I was in NYC.
On a roll I got the sloppy Joe. It was filled with corned beef, cole slaw, swiss cheese, and roast beef and Russian dressing. It was packed to overflow and was fresh and tasty. My husband got the Rueben which looked, tasted and smelled delicious. It was one of the best I've had. My husband thought it was very good. The wait staff was very helpful and kind. We had Jess who couldn't do enough for us! We stayed with a local couple who told us that it was "too tempting to be near such a great place to eat". The next morning we went back for breakfast. Again it was made to order. I got an everything bagel egg sandwich......the bagel was pleasing in texture, taste, and appearance. I wish I lived closer! There are numerous home baked products like muffins and crumb cake. I sampled the blueberry....dense and moist(yum). I will be returning in the next month and will be bringing friends to Daves.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Scrumptious Bagel Sandwiches!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I happened to see a brochure for Big Dave's in the lobby of my hotel and I am glad we checked it out! I had no idea it was in the area and it's a great alternative to the egg heavy (and always packed) restaurants in the area. My partner and I went and there was no wait. Our order was taken by what looked to be Dave himself. I ordered a Hawaiian burrito and my partner got a lox on a bagel. We ended up switching because I just could not resist his bagel. Tons of lox and tomatoes. My burrito was packed too. Great for the price! I loved the wall with news stories about Dave and his bagel place in New York. Very friendly atmosphere - definitely check it out.

• Visited September 2013