“Good Food, Not the Nicest Service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bagels
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Florida
“Good Food, Not the Nicest Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Let me start by saying the food here is good. All details of their sandwiches are fresh from the bread, to the toppings. Sandwiches come with chips or a side of pasta or potato salad and cost about 9 dollars. All in all you aren't getting out of here for two subs and drinks for less than 20 dollars regardless of what you order which I find a bit steep for an afternoon sub shop.

There is a small amount of seating and the shop is conveniently located next to a package/liquor store which is convenient.

The reason I give it three start is not because the service is inefficient-it's just not pleasant. The man is nice enough chatting up the locals/regulars that he knows but the woman who is generally running the show is just not very plesant. I've been to this establishment a few times and everytime I order from her I feel like I am bothering her or putting her out.

It's a good place for good sandwiches but it is definitely not the place to visit if you are looking for value or local Mt. Washington Valley hospitality.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great fresh bagels quick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Delicious bagels done right. Perfect place to fuel up on the go and I liked supporting a local small business. Thumbs up!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, MA
“Great place for a post hike lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch after our hike and the food was great. I got a tuna melt on a seasame bagel with potato salad. Wife got a grill cheese sandwich which she said was good too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newton, New Hampshire
“"Big city bagels" up in the Mt Washington Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We love bagels, but, not the grocery store bagels. Hard to find really good bagels here in the Mt Washington Valley area, but, now we have. We had gone by this place for years and never stopped. We do not know why, we are glad we did now! These are bagels like you get in the "big cities", large size, wonderful texture and taste too! We have gone several times and after having tested every type of bagel Big Dave makes, we had to shout out the awesome job Big Dave's does.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't miss this great breakfast/ lunch find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I had read about Dave's bagels and sandwiches in the local newspaper and decided to give it a try! I had the bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel and it was delicious. My husband had the grilled chicken on a bagel with homemade potato salad. Of course we had to try the delicious looking coffee cake. Yum- delicious!! Luckily we split that. Can't wait to go back to try the brownies. Everything was great. The service was fantastic- We will be back probably tomorrow morning!!

• Visited May 2013