“Will not be returning” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Vito Marcello's Italian Bistro

Vito Marcello's Italian Bistro
45 Seavey St, North Conway, NH 03860 (Formerly Bellini's Restaurant)
603-356-7000
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Will not be returning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We frequently visit North Conway and wanted to try something new so we came to this restaurant. We ordered an appetizer which was fantastic and also received a salad that was wonderful with our meals. Our waiter told us that he would be by soon to drop off some bread. We didn't receive the bread until after we got our entrees and had to ask for the bread. My husband loved his meal but once I started eating mine I realized that the eggplant parm was mushy. I tried another bite from the other side of the dish to make sure that I didn't like it. For $20 I wanted to make sure I enjoyed my meal so when our waiter returned to ask how the meal was, I told him it was mushy. He asked if I wanted to have them cook up another one or try something else on the menu. I asked if he could have them cook me another as eggplant parm is my favorite. A few minutes later he returned and said that Chef Dan said they bake the eggplant so it will come out the same next time. By this time, my husband has already finished his meal and it's nearly 9 pm so I decided to just order a salad. The salad arrived which was very good. We ordered after dinner drinks and then he returned with our check and informed us that he had to charge us for the more expensive meal... WHAT! The meal that I ate 2 bites of the main course and maybe 1/4 of the pasta they provided because THEY cooked it wrong! On top of that problem, we were seated close enough so we could hear the kitchen talking about the food being sent back. It was such an awkward situations, but at least we know now that we will not be going back. Next time we'll be going back to Horsefeathers where we know the food will be delicious and the customer service is great!

Visited March 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Middle of the road food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The restaurant still bares the signs of former Bellini's restaurant, however only on the inside. The parking is ample behind the building. On arrival we were told that we have two couples ahead of us and we have to wait 20-30 min. That was fine except that there were like 3 tables available. Therefore we were sat in 5 min. The prices are on the high side (mid to high $20's) and many items on the menu have no price. The reason: those items are in the mid $30 range. We had chicken with penne, broccoli and chicken Parmesan. All meals come with salad and bread which were very tasty. The chicken and penne was good and the chicken parm was mediocre. Comfort food, nothing special. The beer is only in bottle and the wine selection is decent. The glass price of wine is high at $9 a pop. The desserts are beautifully presented on a platter with great choices. We had the tiramisu and it was a generous portion and very good. The service was moderately fast. The booth seats were not very comfortable. The table surface is very interesting, a sheet if copper. Conclusion: good comfort food at higher than average prices. In this price range there are better choices in the area.

st martin
“What happened to this restaurant ???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I used to really enjoy Bellinis. Then they moved and the atmosphere was lost along with a great deal of their diners. They moved back to their original location and opened under Vito Marcello's, the son of original owners.
I felt the prices were ok. We had six meals. Four were good, 1 was mediocre, and 1 barely edible. The marsala meal was barely mentionable, actually a boring marsala. The parmesan was so overcooked on one side that the knife they provided could not cut it. Seriously.
The service was awful. I had stopped in, and made the reservation the day before. It was for 7:15 pm. I was told that if we arrived after 7:30, they may not save our reservation. With that in mind, we arrived at 7:05. The young woman who made our reservation was there to seat us. She exclaimed that our table had not yet been set up. That should have been done at 4:00 pm when the waitstaff arrived. No excuse for this. several other parties had to be seated before us. It was 7:25 before we were seated. There was a party of 10 seated a few minutes before us, right beside us. As we walked to the table the hostess declared that she had to still get us another chair. The table was set for 5, we were a party of six. One person had to stand there for for 2-3 minutes until the chair arrived. They neglected to bring another silverware set, mentionable that they were wrapped in a paper napkin, no cloth napkins. The waiter showed up in a timely manner, and took drink, and wine orders. He was good about wine suggestions. We ordered toasted raviolis to share as an appetizer. Wine was good as were the raviolis. The waiter neglected to pick up the bread plates used for the raviolis. The salad which was served family style with dressing in a gravy boat, came about 15 minutes later. when the salad was done, the waiter did pick the plates up and came back for the stack of bread plates. He never replaced the bread plates, and we had to ask for bread. It was 9:15 pm before our entrees arrived. One person had to ask 3x for a silverware setting. It was entrée time before it arrived. The gentleman then told the waiter how awful the service was. Then the hostess showed up to try to help, but it was really too late. It was 10:10 pm before we left there. It is apparent from other reviews, that they are having problems at this restaurant. Our entrees took forever, yet we saw Vito, out of the kitchen on 3 occasions, one to sing happy birthday to a little girl. Note, that the party seated a few minutes before us was done one hour before us. It was obvious that they need to hire a manager who knows how to make this place hum. Our waiter was totally overwhelmed. Not going to return.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
RI
“Nice Atmosphere and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Had the baked fish with penne pasta and salad. The food was very good and the service was excellent. This is a family-owned, family friendly restaurant set in the heart of North Conway. Seavey Street is easily accessible from Route 16 in downtown North Conway or from the North-South Road. The menu is varied and the wine list extensive. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely would not recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Food was ok, but TOO expensive for such slow and poor service. Would not go back , not even for free :-(

• Visited December 2013