“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 25 hotels in North Conway
Basel, Switzerland
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

As a family of 4 with 2 teenagers we had booked a 2 room suite. The suite was great, 2 bedrooms with comfortable beds, a living room and a fully equiped kitchen. Breakfast was o.k. but with a fully equiped kitchen you can also easily make your own breakfast. We definitely recommend the 2 room suite as it is very good value for money. The location of the hotel is also very convenient, close to the Kangamaugus highway and other attractions in the white mountains.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not viewing the pool building as this has generators on its roof which might be distu...

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a nicely located hotel with many amenities such as great pool, very clean and comfortable room with kitchen. It is excellent for families and with great services and good hearty breakfast. It is nice located to everything from Mt.Washington, Santa Claus park, falls, covered bridges and outlet shopping in a nice country setting. I definitely would recommend this place to anyone going to north conway!!!

Room Tip: Clean and spacious rooms with Kitchen, and all rooms are very nice and quiet!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel has no business charging the rates it does. It is at best mediocre as far as Residence Inns go and I've stayed in a lot. We checked in on a Friday and the hotel was chaos. The General Manager was checking guests in which only suggests to me there is a staffing shortage. When I checked in I was asked for a credit card for my incidentals (I was using Marriott Reward points for my stay) which I promptly handed over. I came to find out that an authorization was taken on a different credit card that was used to hold the reservation NOT the one I had presented to the GM at check in. Needless to say I had to waste my time on Monday morning when I discovered this trying to get it reversed, during 2 interactions with Dir of Operations was never once told "I'm sorry". Even more frustrating it was GM who checked me in and failed to properly swipe my credit card, basic mistake!!!

Despite using Marriott Reward points we were checked in to a room over looking 2 huge AC units which were unsightly and noisy, I see another reviewer had the same problem. Didn't even waste my time asking for room change as children were tired and staff seemed totally overwhelmed.

Noisy AC went on all night, and when we had put kids to bed in the bedroom and it came time for us to go to sleep we pulled out the sofa bed to find it totally unmade, I've travelled a great deal and even used to work for Marriott in housekeeping, never seen a sofa bed unmade, even worse we had no sheet or duvet in closet to make it up ourselves. Contacted front desk, again never a sorry from the agent, bed sheets were brought up promptly though. I asked for a call from the GM in the morning to discuss my issues with room and sofa bed, never heard from him!

Breakfast was a nice buffet however it was a mess to sit down and eat. We dined in what is probably a small overflow meeting room with about 5 tables that were not clean and 30 large cardboard boxes stacked high all around us. Not very pleasant and probably dangerous if a child had accidentally run into them.

Swimming pool was mobbed by kids, so we were nervous to take our 2 + 4 year olds in there so we didn't use it.

Overall an extremely disappointing experience. Few staff I met were pleasant enough but clearly not able to extend themselves beyond average pleasantries. Not an acceptable level of service if you are attempting to command rates over $300. I also don't expect to have to make my own bed either!

With many nice hotels in the North Conway area to choose from, I won't be returning here.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a 1 bedroom suite on family vacation. Room was clean. Breakfast filling and easy. Great location. Staff very friendly.

Glitches:
-booked online and requested crib. When I called to confirm crib was available, it was like they had never gotten such a request in booking. We got the crib, but booking did not seem to work.
-pool area was ridiculously warm
-towels were extraordinarily small
-not the most comfortable bed

We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Lelystad, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel we were told our room was not ready. No excuses or anything.
Upon our return we were given the key to our room, 1 bedroom, king suite, to find out that the room was located in an awful spot. Two windows overlooking big air conditioning units on the roof. Made lots of noise too.
When I asked the ladies at reception for something nicer this was refused. But..... 15 minutes later received a phone call that we were upgraded to an " executive suite".
Nice gesture, an we welcomed the new room.
The layout was good, king bed was very good, but the sofa bed was really bad.
Free breakfast was a mess. No place to sit and very very dirty tables and floors.
Since we had a nice kitchen in our suite we simply took ours upstairs and that was a lot better.
Used both the pool and fitness area and both were ok.
Would not use the hotel again when travelling with our daughter because of the sofa bed.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We loved the Residence Inn, the only 2 negatives would be that pool was always crowded, which yes to some might be a good thing. But sometimes you just want to relax poolside and that couldn't be done. 2nd reason for the 4 stars is that they "allow" pets and not "welcome" pets. We love Residence Inn because of their open pet policy, but this Residence Inn had a very limited walking area for your dog, it was not lit at night, I guess because of the close proximity to the rooms and no doggie bags. You manage, but if there were other dogs out at the same time it could get a little crowded. But overall we had a great stay. It was quiet at night (they have a quiet policy in place which I thought was interesting), the food was good, the staff was friendly and they had a 4th of July picnic which was awesome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a quick stop-over in North Conway, and really liked the room configuration at the Residence inn. We had a family suite which had an open floor plan but offered a king bedroom area and a queen bedroom area, separated by a chest of drawers topped by a flat screen tv which could be rotated toward either bedroom area. There was a full kitchen and small seating area as well. My only complaint was that the beds didn't seem fully up to snuff with what I've come to expect from Mariott properties. They were fairly comfortable and perfectly fine, though, so I don't want to make it sound like a big negative. I would stay here again, providing the rates were comparable to other similar hotels. We didn't have a chance to visit the pool, but did notice a nice outdoor basketball court area that would have been great for the kids if we'd had more time.

Room Tip: first floor room was subject to a lot of noise from floor above. Could have just been poor luck that...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn North Conway? Share your experiences!