“Awesome Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

A real joy to stay in a new, clean hotel in N Conway that does not make you itch. Rooms are huge, full fridge and kitchen. Fairly priced. Did not do the food, though it's a nice option. Staff was great. Had a great view of the mountains. The HVAC system is loud but that did not bother us. We did get bugs in the room if we left windows open, they have holes in screen somewhere.

To find it set your GPS to navigate to the Hampton Inn (across the street) as it could not find the Residence Inn by name or proper street address.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I just spent a couple of nights here, while on a leaf peeping/outlet shopping trip. Upon arrival I was upgraded to an executive suite (I'm platinum with Marriott). Nice suite! I loved the gas fire place. A flip of the timer switch, and instantly a nice warming/calming flame bounced to life. I enjoyed the fire while having clam chowder take-out from Friendly's, which is very near by.

N. Conway gets very busy during leaf peeping time. I am glad I booked this hotel far enough in advance to not be disappointed. It was a very pleasant stay indeed. The location is close to outlet shopping, as well as being convenient to two lovely autumn drives: the Kancamogus Highway and route 302 west. N. Conway is an easy drive to many tourist activities including Mt. Washington and Crawford Notch, just to name a couple of them. Having a nice suite to return to after a busy day of touring and shopping just adds to the pleasure of this annual trip for me.

Breakfast in the morning gets very busy! There is plenty of seating in several areas of the first floor, which I'm thinking is expanded during this very busy fall season. A nice buffet of hot and cold foods, plus juices and coffee. The usual. The oatmeal is good! I was usually at breakfast by 9am, and it was busy but not impossible to find seating. I don't know if going earlier would be of any help. The buffet was quickly replenished when items were depleted.

I will certainly stay here again! It is an annual trip for me, one that I always look forward to. I have stayed at other towns in the area, but N. Conway seems to be the most convenient for me and for my annual activities.

There was a family 'living' above me, whose stomping feet I could hear quite loudly, until the children went to bed! Maybe a top floor would be quieter??

Room Tip: Get an upper floor if you can. I heard foot stomping from the family above me.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Salem, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here last week and inadvertently left my iPAD in my room after I checked out. I realized my mistake later that night and nervously called the hotel. Much to my delight, the iPAD was turned in by the housekeeping folks and they had it waiting for me at the front desk. This pleasantly surprised me because I never expected to see it again. This is a clean, safe, and honest hotel in a great location and I highly recommend it to anyone staying in the North Conway area. Thank you again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
South Berwick, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We've stayed here several times. Never had an issue. Very clean, great breakfast, nice gym but small. The pool was the nicest and cleanest of any hotel in New England. Couldn't say enough good stuff. Oh and the staff is cheerful and great with local directions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Chillicothe, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Check in was a breeze, has a fire pit outside, wonderful for those cool evening, has a fireplace in the dining area, laundry , weight room, we had a fireplace in our room also. Everything was clean even though the daily cleaning was a light. She didn't clean the floor in the bedroom at all. It is next door to the Blueberry Muffin, they had a nice breaskfast . It is also within an easy walking distance to McDonalds for those who like a cup of coffee. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and would have stayed longer if more to do in North Conway! Friendly staff with a nice breakfast. The suite was clean and large with fireplace. Very comfortable bed. Would totally recommend this hotel. Staff very helpful in recommending restaurants in the area as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

New England is a hard place to book when you live well away from the area and don't get Word of Mouth feedback. The percentage of older local properties is so much higher than what one sees in the west, and no real way other than trusting online reviews to pick a good one. We played it safe and booked this property, just because its one of the few and far between chain properties on our route and it seemed to be a known quantity.

More than met my expectations of what a Residence Inn should be. No point in rattling off all the well-done things because there was just nothing that did not meet or exceed when I expected. I'd call it overall five circles in a minute, except the HVAC was really, really loud. (Looks like I'm not the only person who has expressed the same concern). I'm a very light sleeper and I might book around what is otherwise an exemplary franchise just because of the roar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn North Conway? Share your experiences!