“Very Good Accomodations!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Quincy, Massachusetts, United States
“Very Good Accomodations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cranmore Mountain Lodge to celebrate our first wedding anniversary! We stayed this bed and breakfast for four nights. From day one we were really impressed with the professionalism and hospitality! Frederique gave us a warm welcome and also surprised us with a bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary! Our rooms were very clean and comfortable. We loved having the delicious home made breaksfasts each morning. The dining service was outstanding! Guillaume, our server, was very accomodating. Not only did he serve us our breakfast, he was also very resourceful with answering any questions we had about the area. Unfortunately, we did not have a chance to meet Thierry. We know that he was busy behind the scenes. My husband and I will look forward to returning to Cranmore Mountain Lodge again. We would recommend B&B to others. Michael and Maryellen Boston, MA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We traveled in New England with a tight schedule. Our main traveling objective in White Mountain is to explore the Kanc and Flume Gorge. We set only 2 nights stay in Cranmore Mountain Lodge in North Conway. Here's what exactly what I were looking for! For whoever love to stay in a modern hotel, they might think it is old here, however, the older the more valuable the place is.
The vintage with traditional New England style decoration is a theme. I like the living area with piano and guitars. Some guests might not check out the backyard, but it was I wanted to do most when I got there because I knew that there's a small brook, it was such a pretty one. I even wanted to sit and listen to the water falling still. What I can't miss mentioning about Cranmore Mountain Lodge is its fabulous homestyle breakfast and a great wait service. It was just a perfect stay for me. I wish I could go back there during summer time. Well, I would just like the host to interact a bit more with guests. I understand that you were busy preparing breakfast but it would be nice to have you say good bye to the guests at least instead of placing the room keys and leave :)

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Amesbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight to celebrate my birthday. We booked the room only a couple days in advance and found that the hosts were able to accommodate us. We stayed in room 19 and found the room to be cozy and comfortable. Upon entering the room, there was a bottle of champagne and a nice card, wishing me a happy birthday from the staff.

Breakfast was wonderful. I had French toast and my husband had bacon and eggs. The coffee was delicious! We are not normally a fan of French Roast however we really enjoy the coffee. We found the service to be exceptional. Fredi and Gui were very nice and pleasant. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I brought our 2 daughters for some "leaf peeping" and stayed at The Cranmore Mountain Lodge. Our room was super clean, the beds were cozy and fresh and we couldn't have asked for a better stay. Our delicious breakfast each morning was a highlight and made our teenager who typically sleeps in, pop out of bed! We also appreciated their "green" efforts of being better to our environment.
We highly recommend this B&B!!
Irene, CT

• Stayed September 2012
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised on our arrival. There was a warm homely feeling to the common rooms, and the staff were friendly.

What is a shame, however is that none of us staying had a good night's sleep. I made the booking for myself and two friends and we all agreed that the place would have been great if it was not for the bedroom/bathroom. Whether the beds were new or not, we stayed in eleven different places on our vacation and the beds here were the most uncomfortable and "noisy". This issue has been contested here by the hosts, but my mattress made loud creaking 'plasticy' noises when I moved. My friends both had really uncomfortable mattresses and bad backs in the morning.

The shower was OK, although the bar over the entrance was very low, and we all managed to bang our heads on it.

We all wanted to like the place, but unfortunately the lack of sleep has probably put us off future visits. Perhaps it was the room, but we slept much better in cheap motels on our travels costing 1/4 of the price we paid...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Frederiquep, Owner at Cranmore Mountain Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
This room is a “hostel like” room, well described on our website. We are trying to accommodate people who are travelling on a budget, proposing a large choice of accommodations, from “hostel like” to large luxurious suite. Most of our guests who stayed in this room enjoyed being able to use all our amenities, including breakfast, at a very small price, and they return… in this room!
Cambridge UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I think Rachel L has reviewed the wrong hotel, as the host's name is Thierry and it was not named as the Cranmore Lodge.
We stayed at the Lodge for 2 nights last week, in a very small room decorated in the French style (floral and twee). The bed was typically very large (too large for the room) and had a good, firm mattress. Everything was clean and the breakfast was good, despite a complicated system of choosing the complimentary elements from the menu!
The building had a musty smell and cooking smells from the kitchen below, rose into our room as soon as breakfast started in the morning. Windows were very draughty. This was the most expensive hotel (out of 7) on our 3 week holiday and so far, all the others have been far better. I really don't know how the price is justified.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederiquep, Owner at Cranmore Mountain Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
We are sorry this guest was disappointed with her stay in our home.

Room size: Via booking.com where this guest booked this room, the square footage is clearly mentioned (135 sqf), so there shouldn’t be any surprise on the overall size of the room. We offer large common rooms for everybody’s enjoyment, including a game room and a quiet living room with piano, guitars and fireplace, so our guests can spend their evening comfortably socializing with other guests and us.

Breakfast menu: We offer a pretty large choice of dishes on our menu (breakfast is included in the room rate) for the big and the small appetite, with the option of bigger portions for an extra small fee if guests have a huge appetite. Our breakfast menu is clearly posted on our website, and if there is any confusion, Gui, our son and waiter, always gladly answers any questions.

Cooking smells: We usually have compliment about the smell of our pancakes, French toasts, French roast coffee coming from our kitchen and we are sorry these yummy smells were unpleasant to this guest.

Room rate: This is the beginning of fall foliage in the White Mountains and rates of all hotels are definitely going up. Our rates are average low in the area, even some motels are more expensive than us, and big chain hotels are way more expensive! We offer a quiet environment in our own home, away from the main road, with year round outdoor hot tub, plenty of convivial space, a pond stocked with trout, a tennis court, among other things.

Draughty windows: We thank this guest for drawing our attention to this problem. We discovered after inspection of the windows that one of the sliding one had been forced open and the insulation was ripped. Should the problem been reported during the stay of this guest, we would have been able to fix it sooner and make her stay more agreeable.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very small, sink clogged, noisy mattress. Air conditioner is very loud. Terrible smell, outdated! Worst place I've stayed yet. I would not recommend this to anyone. I was very unsatisfied. Needs updating desperately. Light coming in from windows unable to block out.

• Stayed September 2012
Frederiquep, Manager at Cranmore Mountain Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We think this guest stayed in Room 20 with 2 double beds for 1 night, declaring 2 people and staying in fact 4 adults who didn’t want to pay additional fee and fled our Bed & Breakfast while we were cooking breakfast, without taking a chance to be discovered! What is so “outdated” is our vintage décor that apparently wasn't his/her taste, while most of our guests are very pleased by it. The “noisy” mattresses are brand new as well as the A/C unit. The sink isn’t clogged and the window treatment (energy efficient providing complete darkness) is very well blocking the outside light. As for the smell, the carpets of all the rooms in the loft building were completely shampooed about 2 days before, and we are sorry this guest didn’t appreciate the smell of cleanliness!

Been to Cranmore Mountain Lodge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!