“Wonderful Easter brunch!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Mountain Hotel and Resort

You added White Mountain Hotel and Resort to your Saves list
White Mountain Hotel and Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   At Hales Location, 2560 West Side Road, mail: P. O. Box 1828, North Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Easter brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The White Mountain Hotel is one of our favorite places to celebrate holidays! Over the past few years we have had an opportunity to enjoy Thanksgiving, Easter and Mothers Day in their beautiful dining room. We went to the latest seating on Easter, and even at 4pm, the food was fresh, well presented and totally delicious! There isn't a table in the dining room that doesn't have a beautiful view of the breathtaking scenery. The staff were so friendly and the owners made a point of greeting us personally. All in all, a five-star afternoon!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Carol S, Owner at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your Easter Brunch and it was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest. Enjoy your summer on "The Island"! Carol and Gary Sullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Bethel, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Let me start by saying, this is a nice hotel. We found it charming and rustic. With that said, here is why we cant give it more than 3 stars. 1.) you can't regulate the heat in the rooms and need to crack a window in 40 degree weather. (Looks like all windows were open a crack). 2.). They have one elevator that takes an hour to get to your floor. 3.) the continental breakfast is a joke.
4.) the shower head leaks and sprays water everywhere but in the shower.
The heated pool and hot tub were really nice and relaxing. This would be the hotels main draw.
The view from the dining area and the bar are very nice as well.
It is kid friendly and convenient to downtown North Conway. The service was ok, but I can't say anyone went out of their way to make our stay more pleasant.
If and when we return to North Conway it will most likely be at the residence inn.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Carol S, Owner at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I will make certain to have your room checked for the heating system, as well as, the shower nozzle. Your comments are very important to us, and I have already shared them with our managment team. We do hope to see you again. Carol Sullivan
essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is a difficult one for me to write as my daughter had a great birthday here 2 years ago and wanted to come back again for her birthday. Sadly, it was not so memorable.

We were just due to stay 3 days but extended it by 4 days eventually. I called and advised that the booking seemed to be slightly cheaper on bookings.com. The reservations person did not disagree although if i had extended my stay at the hotel i would have received 20% of the booking so i felt a little cheated.

Nothing at all seemed to physically have changed over the last 2 years. the same dire foxing prints and reproductions of Manet are on the walls. The hotel would be better placed to hang paintings and photographs of the Inn and the surrounding area.

There was a definate difference in experience between staying in the week our of season and at the weekend. Staying when it is quiet is a good time for the hotel to take extra care of those guests but this was not the case. I can understand why the hotel did not put out the buffet when there were only a few people staying but on the weekends the choice of the breakfast was better.

It was the only hotel that did not put put tea/coffee or biscuits in the afternoon which seemed a little mean.

My main complaint however is some of the staff. Without wanting to name names the bar staff generally were reallly friendly especially the 2 make staff who served us. The cleaner we had was very nice too but in the restaurant half the staff we interacted with were just not very friendly at all. They did not seem to want to be there. I had the vegetarian meal one night and it was pasta in a cheese sauce with brocolli and tomatoes. the sort of thing i would throw together at home in a few mins. we were not impressed with the food.

On the Friday night the children burnt marshmallows from boxes that you can buy from reception and toast on the fire pit by the pool which is open fridays and saturdays.

Overall the hotel seemed to lack steer. There was a feeling of neglect and no one been in charge.

The signage is not good from the road and you can easily miss it. i am not sure why it is called a resort as it just has a pool and gym.

The main thing that needs to change does not cost money and that is friendliness which we have experienced in abundance in New England as always. Then consider updating the hotel decor and improving the food and relaxation areas.

This hotel is a little gem in a lovely location. I want to see it more loved and cared for.

Room Tip: We upgarded to a suite, it is well worth it if you are travelling with children and they like to chi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. We take great pride in providing outstanding customer service, and it is disappointing to read that we did not meet this goal for you. We have made many changes over the last couple of years, but unfortunately these are often times things that are "unseen" by the guest. Things such as hot water heaters, furnaces, kitchen equipment and the like are often necessary upgrades, but not something our customers can readily see. We have in the past 2 years completely renovate our Echo Ballroom, and the entire bedding style on our guest room beds. I certainly do appreciate your time, and will share your comments with your management stay. Regards, Carol Sullivan
Standish, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a review for the dining room of the hotel as we were there for Sunday Brunch only:

We have been here several times for the breakfast buffet on Sunday mornings and we really enjoy the food, it is always very tasty and there is quite an assortment to choose from. We have never had a waitress that has wowed us. They are all just there doing their job. We feel like we are bothering them to ask for drink refills. They don't just do this for you, you do have to ask. Also the last time we were there we were quite upset to see a dog in the dining room, sitting right on one of the chairs. We were very disgusted.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Carol S, Owner at White Mountain Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Ledges Restaurant and please accept my personal apologies for your inconvenience. I am sorry to read that you experienced less than exceptional service in the dining room. I can assure you that Customer Service is our #1 goal, however, it does not sound like we met those goals during your visit. I can assure you that our Food & Beverage Director has already addressed this, and that this lack of service will not be repeated. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance to serve you. Please feel free to post further reviews on the Restaurant directly on our Ledges Dining Room page on Trip Advisor. Regards, Carol Sullivan
Grantham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We had a great stay here, but there were a few negatives. The room was ridiculously hot, in February, and we had to sleep with the window wide open and the heating off, not great when you have damp ski gear in the room. The family rooms were quite small for a week with very little hanging or storage space. The 'continental' breakfast was not great, toast, muesli, yogurt, mini muffins or a hard boiled egg (?). The queuing system for breakfast took ages, and the whole continental breakfast experience usually took about an hour, not great when you are eager to get out on the slopes. The restaurant and bar food was generally quite good, but expensive. Bar staff and evening waitresses were great, breakfast service was much less friendly. Communal areas were dated and a little tired. Would stay here again as it is a good location, but would lower my expectations a little.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I apprciate your review and thank you for taking the time to write. I am sorry that you were not entirely pleased with our decor and the continental breakfast. I can assure you we are taking steps to improve the breakfast experience and your feedback is very much appreciated. The decor is consistent with our traditional "Colonial" style of decor, however, I know that it is not for everyone. We are continually making changes to keep things up to date, and just completed a total renovation of our Echo Ballroom and our bedding system in the guest rooms. The Lobby is on the list, and I appreciate your feedback on that as well. We look foward to your return visit. Regards, Carol Sullivan.
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My first impression was excellent , great location lovely views and a relatively modern hotel . But after staying a single night my view changed .

Impossible to sleep with the noise from the ineffective aircon . At breakfast we restricted to the incl continental which consisted of virtually nothing .

Waitress very inconsistent in service , some of family offered Juice others not , no cornflakes or bread or toast available .

After 10 quality hotels in US in ten days this is the worst by far .

To the manager : spend $3 dollars per head on food , better train your team and you might keep a few more customers .

As I write this I am sitting at breakfast looking at 10 other equally disgruntled guests on other tables .

Stayed April 2014
I appreciate your review and am so sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on our level of service. Pride in work and Customer Service are our #1 goals, and your comments are not a reflection of this commitment. I can assure you this has been addressed, and that it will not occur in the future. If you do return, please know that you always have the option to have the included Continental Breakfast or you may upgrade and order the Full American Breakfast off the menu. Thank you for taking the time to write, and I do hope you give us another opportunity to prove to you our level of commitment to providing excellent customer service. Regards, Carol Sullivan
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was originally supposed to stay with a friend but ended up taking my kids instead. I was impressed with how friendly the staff was upon our arrival. We spent a lot of time at the pool and the hot tub, which had a great view. The continental breakfast the next morning was really impressive as there were a lot of options to choose from and even though I was the only person there with kids, no one seemed to mind. The room was clean and not cluttered. The only issue I found was that my bed was really squeaky but it wasn't annoying enough to complain. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I apprciate your time in writing your review. and will share your kinds words with our Team. Looking forward to seeing you again. Regards, Carol Sullivan

Been to White Mountain Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!