“Red Jacket Mountain View Resort is an outstanding place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kahuna Laguna

Kahuna Laguna
2251 White Mountain Hwy (Rt 16), at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, North Conway, NH 03860
+1 603-356-5411
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 14 Attractions in North Conway
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: The ocean has COME TO New Hampshire! Dive into a tropical adventure with the entire family at Kahuna Laguna, northern New England’s first indoor water park at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in North Conway, NH. It’s 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. Square off against your friends in an exciting game of water basketball or volleyball. And watch out for the 150-gallon tipping bucket! The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. The Tiki Tide Café is ready with a snack or lunch when you need a break. And, the family fun center is the place for the latest arcade games. Red Jacket Mountain View Resort is located on 40 scenic acres in the heart of the White Mountains, with sweeping panoramic views of the surrounding area. The resort features 150 recently renovated rooms, casual family restaurants and fine dining, a full-service spa and trails for hiking or walking.Guests of the resort may enjoy Kahuna Laguna all year, and during the warmer months the new outdoor pool will also be open. In the winter, you won’t even have to step outside to enter our 82-degree tropical oasis in the middle of the mountains – and you’ll have a great view of the valley through the water park’s glass walls.
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Red Jacket Mountain View Resort is an outstanding place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

1/15/2011 - I had an opportunity to book a last minute stay at this resort for the indoor water park attraction as I am an alternating weekend parent for my son. I have stayed at other new england indoor water park attractions in the past and at first the overall cost was a hugh hurdle as compared to previous places. I had called earlier in the week and was greeted with an exceptionally friendly helpful female voice to answer questions that I had. Once I made sure that this is what my son wanted to do for his birthday weekend, another friendly gentleman arranged my stay and answered all my questions regarding water park usage, amenities, breakfast buffet, etc.(Include breakfast always).
We arrived early at noon so that we could use the water park prior to check-in at 3pm. From the start, we were greeted by the three female musketeer staff that were friendly and professional. They had great personalities and really made the stay that much more enjoyable. Our room was ready early and we were allowed to check in instead of waiting til 3pm. With a party of 5, this was great. The room was impeccably clean and comfortable. Yes, I have stayed in many 4-5 star resorts from Mexico, Vegas, Europe, Hawaii. If people complain that a N.Conway, NH hotel is not up to par for what they expect, then they are the type to complain regardless.
Since it was about Kahuna Laguna for the boys, it goes with out saying, they thought it was awesome. The staff at KL were great, the lifeguards were vigilant, it wasn't overcrowded, very clean, grill food and reasonable. If people have had negative experiences here, it's more likely their personalities and how they deal with stressful situations. I can't find any reason why Mr. Alex Johnson and his staff have nothing but safety and a quality fun experience in mind. Parents need to be parents and watch over younger kids, talk to older kids who get out of hand...common sense prevails and ensures an enjoyable time. It's not a daycare center. Water+ soft foam, smooth surface, etc.. c'mon you think you can't slip? Again, the boys had a fun time with the slides and wave pool.
We decided to eat out and see the town and then relax in the lounge area with a fireplace and table games before heading back to KL for a few more hours that night since it closes at 10pm. I had included a breakfat buffet that was highly recommended and did not disappoint. They had a great selection of food and it was worth it. Coffee was already at the table sitting window side looking at the mountains. Lots of families showing up but it was not hectic and food was good. We had a breakfast voucher and it said gratuity included but we were happy with the attentiveness of the waitstaff, that we left something to show that anyways. Overall, the resort was a positive weekend experience and I will make sure that if I have another weekend to splurge in a tough economy, I will take my son to this resort and recommend it to families who I work with in my company. - Mahalo
P.S. The girls in the front lobby deserve a raise. :)

Visited January 2011
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this review, February 6, 2011
So glad you were able to spend those special moments with us. These comments really help send out our message. We are diligent about safety and I'm happy to see you realize the importance . Your trip summary definitely brought a smile to our faces. Hope we will see you back soon, stop in and say hello.Again, thank you for the praises, the front desk staff appreciate the raises.

north conway
“The water park is so much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

We always have a blast at the water park. We love shooting hoops in the basketball section. Its a great way to burn off lil kids energy, they are so tired after! Kahuna Laguna and Story Land are the 2 best reasons to come to north conway with kids!

Visited December 2010
New Hampshire
“awesome water park for a hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

I have recently stayed at the Red Jacket Resort in North Conway in Novmeber 2010. The room was a little expensive but the fun i had there definetly cancels that out! The hotel staff was amazing and would bend over backwards if we asked them to. The water park though.... WAS THE BEST PART OF OUR TRIP! We were greeted at the parks front desk by two friendly girls and they answered all of our questions politely. I was very surprised and relieved by how professional the lifeguards were when on their stands. I felt very safe letting my two kids go on there own while my wife and i sat in the hot tub. The park is well worth the price you pay to get in. My family wants to come back, and I'm working on coming back on Christmas vacation. I would recomend this hotel and resort to anyone I know!! The staff is friendly and the views were nice too.

AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this review, December 21, 2010
Thank you so much for the feedback. Birthday parties here are really special for us.Can't wait to see you back next time.
Glen, New Hampshire
“Kahuna Laguna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

With the grandkids visiting and the weather not being so good we visited the waterpark recently and had a blast. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly and on the ball. The lifeguards were very conscientious, constantly moving and watching the water for problems. I especially liked the communication between the monitor at the top of the slides and the lifeguards to ensure that all was clear for the next person to go. We had a wonderful day and highly recommend adding this attraction to anyone's visit to the Mount Washington Valley.

So happy to hear you had a great time with the grand kids. Our guards train hard to keep them safe. Give us a call for their upcoming birthday parties. Thanks for the review.
Portland, Maine
“That was a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

I heard of this indoor waterpark and had to check it out. It was even bigger and better than I had pictured. 4 waterslides and a wavepool! A clean establishment and a friendly staff was just the icing on the cake. A great time and highly recommended!