“Amazing fun when rained out of Storyland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kahuna Laguna

Kahuna Laguna
2251 White Mountain Hwy (Rt 16), at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, North Conway, NH 03860
+1 603-356-5411
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 14 Attractions in North Conway
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: The ocean has COME TO New Hampshire! Dive into a tropical adventure with the entire family at Kahuna Laguna, northern New England’s first indoor water park at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in North Conway, NH. It’s 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. Square off against your friends in an exciting game of water basketball or volleyball. And watch out for the 150-gallon tipping bucket! The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. The Tiki Tide Café is ready with a snack or lunch when you need a break. And, the family fun center is the place for the latest arcade games. Red Jacket Mountain View Resort is located on 40 scenic acres in the heart of the White Mountains, with sweeping panoramic views of the surrounding area. The resort features 150 recently renovated rooms, casual family restaurants and fine dining, a full-service spa and trails for hiking or walking.Guests of the resort may enjoy Kahuna Laguna all year, and during the warmer months the new outdoor pool will also be open. In the winter, you won’t even have to step outside to enter our 82-degree tropical oasis in the middle of the mountains – and you’ll have a great view of the valley through the water park’s glass walls.
“Amazing fun when rained out of Storyland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011 via mobile

Rained out of Storyland with 3 little ones under 4 yrs old. What a great surprise!! I was shocked that a full blown water park could exist indoors. A little more expensive than I expected but well worth it! Plenty of fun even for the babies. We will absolutely stay at the hotel next time! Thanks for a great alternative plan that will now be our first choice :)

AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you for a review that knocked our socks off. You have just explained why anyone visiting the White Mountains should visit the Red Jacket first. Even mother nature can't stop a great time with us. You'll love the rest of the resort activities when you stay; movie nights, marshmellows by the campfire, Wii tournaments etc. Can't wait to have you as a guest.
See you soon.
Alex Johnson-Director

“What a Blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011 via mobile

I am from the area and have never been to the water park before. All my friends had told me that it was the best place to take the kids to have a really good time. So I decided that I was going to go to the park with a child I was watching. The child I was watching was too small to ride the big water slides, but that did not matter to her when we entered the park and she saw the wave pool, kiddie pool, and the water jungle gym. We had spent 3 hours in the park that day. The thing I was most impressed about was how kind and friendly the water park staff was. I was greeted before I got to the desk with a wark greeting and smile, the lifeguards were always on ther toes watching the water and making sure people are safe. The child that I was watching was running and slipped on the water, and the waterpark director, Alex Johnson came right over to make sure she was ok, he was very concerned and very kind, and told us if we needed anything to ask him. We will be telling all of our friends about the great time we had, and will be back soon

AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
Was a joy to read this review. So thrilled you decided to "take the plunge" with us. We have some of the best staff around and I will be sure to pass along all of your compliments. Be sure to check on some of our upcoming packages to plan a stay with us. There are always children's activities and much more fun to be had.

Alex Johnson and Team
Dublin3
5 attraction reviews
“Fun for kids, but not that big”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Our 6 & 7 year olds loved Kahuna Laguna!

It's not as big as some other indoor water parks we've been to, but it does enough to keep kids busy for a few hours. The wave pool is fun, as are the water slides, which are very fast!

About the only thing for adults is the jacuzzi!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Must go with family - super family friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife booked this trip for us for the Labor Day weekend. I was very happy that she did. I must say that the entire place (including the Red Jacket Mountain View resort) was VERY family friendly. Being a "road warrior" during the week, I have pretty high expectations of service since I travel all over the US and the world. The Red Jacket exceeded my service expectations. Everyone was so nice and accommodating of families. It wasn't just us that they treated very well, it was others also as I couldn't help but notice. Even the room service staff was very nice - genuinely nice. The food at the Kahuna Laguna park was probably priced on the high side, but not totally offensive. The food at the hotel was priced fairly.

The park itself exceeded my expectations as an adult AND for my toddlers: kids and adult water slides, wave pool, water basketball, water jungle gym... it was a blast. This will be at least a once a year destination for my family at this point.

Visited August 2011
We are ecstatic to hear that we have exceeded your well traveled family's expectations. We couldn't ask for a better review. We love to be a get away destination for families.It is so rewarding to see families like yours creating memories with us.Thank you for writing and see you next visit.

Alex Johnson- DIrector
CT
4 attraction reviews
“A Fun Place to Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My children (ages 11 and 8) and I enjoyed our time at Kahuna Laguna, especially because we happened to visit on a day when it wasn't crowded......maybe 100 people there. Older teens may not find it to be the most thrilling, but I think for children between the ages of 3-14 would be quite happy spending part of the day there. It was very clean and the staff seemed professional.

Visited August 2011
Thank you for taking a moment to highlight our housekeeping and staff of pros. What a fantastic way to get in some quality time with the family. Come join us again sometime soon!

Alex Johnson-Director