“Son loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kahuna Laguna

Kahuna Laguna
2251 White Mountain Hwy (Rt 16), at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, North Conway, NH 03860
+1 603-356-5411
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The ocean has COME TO New Hampshire! Dive into a tropical adventure with the entire family at Kahuna Laguna, northern New England’s first indoor water park at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in North Conway, NH. It’s 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. Square off against your friends in an exciting game of water basketball or volleyball. And watch out for the 150-gallon tipping bucket! The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. The Tiki Tide Café is ready with a snack or lunch when you need a break. And, the family fun center is the place for the latest arcade games. Red Jacket Mountain View Resort is located on 40 scenic acres in the heart of the White Mountains, with sweeping panoramic views of the surrounding area. The resort features 150 recently renovated rooms, casual family restaurants and fine dining, a full-service spa and trails for hiking or walking.Guests of the resort may enjoy Kahuna Laguna all year, and during the warmer months the new outdoor pool will also be open. In the winter, you won’t even have to step outside to enter our 82-degree tropical oasis in the middle of the mountains – and you’ll have a great view of the valley through the water park’s glass walls.
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
“Son loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were here 6/8-6/10 with our 2 y.o son. It was a perfect time to go, middle of the week, school vacation still in session. It was extremely clean and well kept, no harsh chlorine smell. My son had a great time in the kiddie area, wave pool and jungle area. Life gurads where all around and very attentive so we felt very safe. Would definitely visit again.

Visited June 2011
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
What an excellent review, Thank You. The park is a very exciting place I can only imagine how thrilling it must have been for your son at his age. Thank you for the compliment on the housekeeping and our attentiveness. I will definitely share them with our team. See you soon!

Alex Johnson and Team

“SUCH A GOOD TIME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I brought my boyfriends little sisters and brother to Kahuna Langua and they LOVED IT! They really enjoyed the water slides and the wave pool. I wasn't worried at all about letting them go in the wave pool alone because the lifeguards are very intentive and were always moving and watching the water. The receptionists, Samantha Nardone, and April Houle helped me fill out the papers fast so the kids could go enjoy the water park. Well putting on their wrist bands they talked with the kids and joked around with them. It made the kids really happy and even more excited to get inside. At kahuna laguna they also supply life jackets which is an amazingggg help. We forgot a life jacket for the youngest and we were able to go to the front desk to borrow one.

Everything is also very clean. There was no empty cups or trash laying around. And the bathrooms and changing rooms were kept very tidy.

If you're looking for somewhere to bring kids or to go with friends, kahuna laguna is the place to be. Its fun for all ages!

“THIS PLACE WAS AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I had the best time ever, going to cherish the memories I made in the waterpark forever.

AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Spectacular! Thank You for writing. We are definitely a place to make those unforgettable memories. Pure fun is really hard to forget. Hope to see you back soon.
Alex Johnson and Team
NEW HAMPSHIRE
35 attraction reviews
“Nice for young children, but overall a dissapointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

We stayed recently at the Red Jacket as we took our 3 and 7 yr old to the waterpark for April vacation. You see the videos and go on the website for Kahuna Laguana, very impressive. Upon arriving you see it is really the size of a large gym, really not a lot inside. I have been to Cocoa Keys in Danvers so I can compare the two. Towels and Life Jackets are provided which was really good. I do want to mention that you do not get the strong chlorine smell of other parks I have been to. KL seems to use some sort of salt based chlorine. This took some adjusting too, stung eyes pretty badly, open pores could really feel it. Kids complained of stining eyes several times, not sure I liked it that well.

The staff here is very good with lifeguards at every station. To the immediate right you have a 'mini' version of the sprayground. When I say mini I mean it is very small in comparison to the bucket at Cocoa Keys, Canobie Lake, etc. More for really small kids with a couple of kiddie slides. In the back there is a spray umbrella, overall my kids were not really interested in this part.

In the middle is a small wave pool. This is where we spent 60% of our time. The waves go for about 5-7 minutes and then the pool is calm. The kids really liked this. i want to reiterate that this pool is very small, there were not a lot of people there when we visited mid-week. This pool was crowded then, I can't imagine what it must be like on a busy weekend, vacation time. The bottom of the pool is very gritty, assuming for safety. I scraped both my knees enough to bleed and my kids scraped their feet and legs up pretty bad as well. First Aid station was good and provided band-aids for the kids. This pool is connected to a small pool with baskets with some supplied balls. This is not a good spot for the young kids as balls are traveling fast and make a big splash when hitting the water.

The back left has a small 'kiddie' area. This area has three small waterslides for the kids with a couple of sprayers. This is where we spent quite a bit of time as well. On the far back right is a Hot Tub (under 6 not allowed). Tub was always full of kids, not sure if 6 yr old age mark really is enforced.

The water slides were very good for an indoor waterpark. There are 2 body slides and 2 raft slides. One is open and the other is enclosed (dark) as you slide down to the pool below. The bottom of the slide is only 3 ft deep, I say only because I'm not sure they are built for a 225lb man. I scraped my back on the bottom of the pool that left a mark and also scraped my elbow another time pretty badly where it left a pretty significant scar. Overall I really enjoyed the tube slide.

There is a small cafe to buy food/drinks. Typical food fare of burgers and chicken fingers. Not really good and very expensive. We actually took a break and went to Pizza Hut down the road for dinner.

Rating my experience overall I would have to say this was a nice place to visit with my little ones. Was I expecting more, absolutely!!! I really wish I did not get the Swim and Stay package as the room was overprices, payed $250 for waterpark and room for one night :( If you insist on going my recommendation would be to pay the $20/person and get your 4-5 hours in and leave. Again it is very small and you can get your fill of this place in that time frame. I hope my review was helpful.

PROS: Something different to do with kids, waterslides, staff, cleanliness, locker rooms, showers, swimsuit dryers, hours (allow you to spend all day, typically to 9-10pm depending on the day and following following morning as well if desired).

CONS: Chlorine used (burned eyes), scrapes, very small (not a lot of different things to do), seating (not a lot, you will need a locker for your things)

Visited April 2011
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank You for your review. Sounds like the kids had a great time. Happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the variety the park offers for the age differences.Those waves can be a surprise when they come on you almost forget you are at a water park and not the ocean.The slides are a thrill even at my age. Staff was very happy with the recognition.We take safety seriously and for that reason we offer complimentary life jackets ,and lockers for your valuables.The floor can be a bit abrasive, but again it is with safety in mind.
Alex Johnson
Director
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Worth another trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

I definitely recommend visiting the Kahuna Laguna water park at the Red Jacket. It's a great place to spend time with family and friends! We went in early April and had an awesome time.The water park is lots of fun for all ages! We enjoyed every minute of it. Overall great atmosphere with very friendly and attentive staff. My kids loved it, especially the water slides. We can't wait to visit again this summer!

Visited April 2011
AJohnsonGM, Manager at Kahuna Laguna, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Happy to read such a great review!The park is a hidden gem in the Vally and I'm excited to hear that you discovered it. Stop by and say hello on your next trip.
Alex Johnson