“nice bar” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“nice bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stopped in here while waiting for our friend to get off work. We were in town for a mini vacation. Place was nice , drinks were good and notexpensive. We came back later that night for supper. Food was good and prices were decent. If your looking for a nice bar stop in. Felt like home.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New Hampshire
“Overcooked Pasta”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went with another couple on pasta night. I had the chicken marsala. The pasta was way overcooked such that it all stuck together. I later found out that my friend went by the kitchen and said it was dirty with spaghetti on the floor.

I regret that I didn't send back my meal.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fryeburg, Maine
“Great place in the heart of town. Value, fun and the essence of Local!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Maple Bacon - BLT! Plus sweet potatoe fries for $8! And not even the special! PBR at a great price Mai Tai Monday $3 - not for me, but $1 off drinks for happy hour. Great juke box, high end technology for a regular Southern NH pub. Another big window on the Main Street place that was a great place to meet friends. We were all surprised at the fun, welcoming atmosphere for an old school pub/tavern with a bit of Formica and linoleum! As a passing through town - lots of regulars stream through the door and yet everyone welcome!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
durham, nh
“Great pub-type atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Not been to the Lamprey nearly enough I'm afraid - but the few times I've gone, I really enjoyed the easy-going vibe! They had live music which was good but quiet enough that you could still talk. Only had the bar food so far, so don't know about the dining quality. But the apps we had were fine. I get the impression that it is a very welcoming local hangout. Gotta get back there!

Visited November 2012
Selinsgrove
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were a party of four adults and one ten year old who ate there on a Monday evening. Although only one other group was dining, we waited a very long time to be served a very ordinary meal at prices not justified by the quality of the food. As we visit this area often, I was extremely disappointed. We left feeling that we had paid too much for meals of limited appeal, all provided with indifferent service. We won't be returning.

• Visited January 2013