“Great view of harbor from the bar” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Newbury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Woodstock, Vermont
“Great view of harbor from the bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The place was crowded on a Tuesday night in July. We opted to sit at the bar and were really happy we did. The bar allows for a great view of the harbor and beach across the street. Our bartender Kim was terrific and the food came fast, well cooked and presented well. I had the whole clam roll which could have handled one or two more whole clams, but which was really delicious. I ordered the risotto side and that was tender and tasty. My wife had the caesar salad with salmon and loved every bite of it. I tried Bubba's Brown Ale Brew (which I learned is made for them by Long Trail Brewery) and it wasn't quite to my liking. It tasted citrusy with a burnt smokey aftertaste. However, along with the meal, it all went down. We really enjoyed this location and will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Try it, It's worth it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The food and service are always consistently great. If your looking for a place to eat with great food and a good price then stop here. Their specials are always worth a try. If you have room after supper try the hot fudge which is made fresh every day on some vanilla ice cream.

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“"Not what I was craving for"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our family decided to have dinner at Bubba's while waiting for the fireworks festivities to begin on old home day in Newbury Harbor. What a beautiful evening for fireworks! We were sat quickly at and had a nice window seat. The waitress was friendly and attentive. I was really craving lobster so I ordered the lobster roll. I was disappointed to see there was not much lobster meat in the roll. It was really torn up and I did not see the tail as I was assured would be in the roll. It must have been a very small lobster. It tasted good, but over powered by the bread roll. I wished it had more lobster meat. I paid the extra for the butter instead of mayo at $19.99, It was not really worth it. The waitress raved about the Toll house cookie pie. I ordered a piece with a scoop of ice cream. I was very surprised at the small portion and they gave me a dollop of ice cream. It was okay, not as good as mine, my kid's were telling me. The other food on my table was okay- I was hoping for much better. The "view" of the harbor was nice, which made it more desirable.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Webster, Massachusetts
“SoSo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The restaurant was very crowded & our server forgot about our table. The food was good, but service was terrible.

Visited July 2014
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Lakeside Hot Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stopped by Bubba’s in Newbury for lunch during a day of activities in the Lake Sunapee area. As we were not familiar with the restaurants in the area, we relied on the reviews of others. We ended up glad that we did.

Bubba’s was busy when we stopped by for lunch on a Saturday. The restaurant has a lounge, two large dining rooms and an outside eating area. All afforded a nice view of the lake. Despite being as busy as they were, the service we received was prompt and cheerful. The menu items were pretty much standard fare. Our selections ranged from salads to a Monte Cristo sandwich and a burger. All were excellently prepared. Portion sizes were moderate and very affordable. The next time our travels take us to the Lake Sunapee area, a return trip to Bubba’s will definitely be in our plans

• 5 of 5 stars Food