“Love the name, the rest was okay” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Nonya
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“Love the name, the rest was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We went into Bubba's because it was a family friendly place that got good reviews. We arrived in town late and wanted to go out for dinner someplace local and easy to find. Bubba's is definitely both, located right on Route 103. The staff was very courteous and friendly and the place is located within sight of Sunapee lake. Looking over the menu, we were a little excited to find a nice variety and something a little more than just bar food. The kids were happy with fried clams and French fries. I ordered what looked to be a delight, the "seafood pie", while my wife had fish and chips. The kids food was quite good, but not outstanding. My wife received a huge portion of fish and was thrilled that the veggie of the day was asparagus, a rare find. She thought the food was good. With anticipation I dove into my seafood pie, scallops and shrimp, in a lobster cream sauce and topped with seasoned crackers and crab meat! Seafood heaven right? And again, the dish was good, maybe a little bland. Very filling and generously portioned, but it lacked that something that would have made it special. Overall, it was good food in a nice place with a great staff.

Visited August 2014

“Drinks, conversation, and food with a View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The bar was crowded with very friendly patrons, who made room for my girlfriend and I to squeeze in. The bartender was quite attentive, and entertaining when he had time, although he had the full bar, and a busy restaurant that he was making cocktail orders for. They had fried clams (both whole belly and strips - both were very good fried items) so we ordered some of those and ended up having so much fun at the bar, we stayed for dinner. Great pasta- I had the shrimp scampi. Good food, large menu, great service and location! There's an ice cream spot right around the corner too. All in all - a perfect summer lake restaurant. Although I think they are open year-round! A great spot.

I confess that we drove to the restaurant by boat, so that might have some effect on our experience.

Visited August 2014
“Great way to end the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We tend to stop here after a day at the beach and food has always been excellent. This is the one place the kids want to come back to while we're vacationing up here. Their specials are always worth a try. After supper try an ice cream with the homemade hot fudge!!!!! I could drink that by itself. Enjoy!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice spot for lunch or dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This restaurant has a great location across from Newbury Harbor. We stopped here twice over the weekend, once for dinner and once for lunch.

We showed up Friday night for dinner a little before 7 and it was pretty busy but we got seated right away. They had a long list of specials which is a nice compliment to their menu which has a lot of seafood and "American" type stuff. I got the sole stuffed with seafood and cream sauce, it was pretty good. Even the green beans that came as a side were well seasoned and not overcooked. My boyfriend got the baconator burger... which seemed ok but not amazing. Our waiter was nice, he checked in a few times even though we could tell they were very busy.

They also do take out, which is what we did for lunch. Crab cakes were ok, they have a good clam roll and really good onion rings.

The really nice thing about this place is the view -- you can walk around a bit across the street and you're right on the lake. They also have some picnic tables there if you want to have your take out there instead. They also have an ice cream stand. If you are in Newbury it is worth a stop!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New London, New Hampshire, United States
“Absurd and horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This review is based off of two experiences to this establishment and both were horrid because you continue to ignore the fact that you routinely include an allergen in your menu items and not disclose it to customers. About a year ago I ordered a Baconator from your menu and asked to have no onion only to get home and bite into it and get a mouthful of onions. Now I can understand putting onions into an infused burger, but it should still be disclosed on your menu. When I complained the last time, your refused to refund my order. I decided to try again tonight(shame on me for thinking my concerns were heard the last time) and I ordered Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo. I just got home and opened my food and was OVERWHELMED by the smell of onions. Who puts ONIONS in ALFREDO?!?!? I have never seen anything like it before and I was a chef for almost 10 years. And again, if you are going to do that, you need to warn people. This is twice now that I have paid your establishment for food that I can not eat. I also want to mention that when I brought up my concerns the last time, that I was told that you agreed that something like onions should be disclosed on the menu if it is a menu item ingredient, but I notice you still don't care enough about your patrons to make that minor change. I will never get food from this establishment again and I plan to post this on every review site I can find.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere