“Good food and excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
new england
“Good food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We did not have reservations, but were seated immediately. My husband and I enjoyed a very pleasant dinner with excellent service. We each had Caesar salad, I had the lamb and my husband had the filet mignon. Both the lamb and beef were cooked perfectly and served with tasty accompaniments. Service was excellent. I do not believe there could have been any area improved upon. We will definitely will return.

• Visited June 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Dinner for four.....Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We visited the Coach House Restaurant located in the New London Inn for dinner with good friends May 29, 2014. We had made a reservation the prior week. When we arrived we were seated almost immediately. The service was extremely attentive, with multiple staff assisting our primary wait person. The food was of the highest quality, with a very nice presentation, and..... it was delicious! We recommend this restaurant highly. We will be back!

• Visited May 2014
Augusta, Maine
“Excellent Cuisine, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had the French Fry appetizer which was sinfully decadent but excellent. We also tried the scallops with bleu cheese, which was equally delicious and not quite as decadent! Then we enjoyed fresh salads and I had the Cod special, while my husband had a steak. Everything was perfectly prepared and nicely presented. The service was outstanding. The breakfast was also excellent. We will be back!

Visited April 2014
New London, New Hampshire
“Excellent dining in elegant country inn setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our favorite "go to" restaurant in town. Excellent food, wait staff and atmosphere. Absolutely consistent. Good for a delicious burger or mussels with pommes frites at the bar, or an evening out to celebrate or a holiday in the main dining room. It manages to be casual and elegant at the same time.

• Visited April 2014
Bucks County, PA
“Great Dinner - Excellent Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

As a guest in the New London Inn, I shared dinner in their restaurant with a group I was there with for business. That was superb -- an excellent New York Strip with perfect vegetable sides, gorgeously presented. Then the breakfast I had both mornings I stayed there -- INCLUDED with my room charge -- were just way over the top of what one would expect from a bed & breakfast. Yes, the breakfast choices are from a limited menu, but it's not severely limited and everything on it is good. One day I had eggs benedict which were fresh, tasty, pretty and filling. The next I had blueberry pancakes, equally satisfying. And when I asked to add a side of bacon (and asked for it not to be too well-done), not only was I cheerfully accommodated, I was not charged extra! I would heartily recommend this restaurant with its clean, classic atmosphere and knowledgeable, cheerful wait staff. I asked my server the first morning if everyone working at the inn was really as happy in their work as they seem to be, and she didn't just say yes, she...gushed. Gushed, about a hospitality job! I've worked in hospitality more than once and can tell you how rare this is. It really made me feel good about staying there, and the restaurant experience was just icing on the cake.

• Visited February 2014