“Love the garden view in the back of the restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Millstone Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 21 Restaurants in New London
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Grantham, New Hampshire
“Love the garden view in the back of the restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Since there are few upscale restaurants in this area we attend this place several times per year. The place is a bit over priced with ala cart and etc and the food is sometimes good
but overall it is not my favorite place for food.

I do love to get a window table and view the garden during the spring and summer season
that is very fresh and pleasant place to experience and for that reason I return several times per year to chat by the garden. Took several lady friends they really liked the place and so we returned for several years because they had nothing like this restaurant in their state of Vermont.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Tasty dinner- lots of choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Food-excellent-seafood choices- lobster-clams-oysters, steaks,venison and of course chicken.
I find it pleasing when a restaurant has items that change nightly-
It also does not bother me when a restaurant runs out of one of those special items.
I chose the NH Venison-it was very tender and very tasty! It was served with a mash of seasonal squash -very tasty and complemented the venison! I also had a bowl of apple,pumpkin bisque-also very tasty and super smooth.
One of us had questions regarding ingredients due to food allergies and the waitress was more than happy to go ask and return back with options.
Nice selection of wines and it is always helpful when the menu selections are paired with a "suggested" wine.
On a Saturday evening we were warmly greeted and did not wait for a table.
I felt the tables were positioned as such that we did not feel like we were dining on top of anyone. It was very comfortable and the atmosphere encouraged conversation.
This is a great place for a special occasion - for adults- a date or a quiet evening out.

Service was a little hit or miss at times. At times plates were being removed from the table before we were really done with them. An extra plate for shells appeared almost at the end of the meal. For the most part our drinks were kept filled.

Wished I could have sampled the desserts.
Would recommend- very enjoyable dinner.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pistoia, Italy
“Lovely dinner and great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had a lovely dinner here....my husband had salmon, I had steak perfectly cooked to my specifications. I wasn't sure about the wine so our waitress sent over a taste to help us decide. We also had a fabulous icecream sundae for dessert and all for under 60$.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
An American living in Northwest England
“A consistent favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Unlike other reviewers, I find the Millstone consistently good, and we eat there frequently. It can get busy on nights when there is a performance going on in the area, but generally the service is quite good, the menu is varied and the food reliably good.Many of their dishes have become favorites, in fact it is hard for me to go there without ordering the lobster bisque, the best I have had. Friends of mine feel the same about their crab cakes.

There is nothing pretentious about the menu, several choices of beef, veal, lamb, salmon, tuna, shrimp, pasta etc., but most people I have been there with all find a number of things they would like to try. It's very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pa
“Mediocre food, good service, but quite expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This restaurant is a decidedly mixed bag, but certainly not a gourmet establishment. While the server was attentive, the entrees were hit or miss. My wife's fish was good, but my organic chicken was overcooked and dry, and overly salted. The side dishes were very good however. Entree prices seemed a bit on the high side, but the servings were generous.

The wine list was extensive, but was disappointed that the least expensive wines were in the $30 + range, with many at least $40-$60. This restaurant won an award for wine excellence--but is unfortunate that the quality of the food does not complement the fine wines.

Would not return to this establishment unless better reviewed restaurants were closed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Millstone Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Millstone Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.