“Even snow in April couldn't ruin this experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Castle
Wilmot, New Hampshire, United States
“Even snow in April couldn't ruin this experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My girlfriends and I stayed in a 2-bedroom marina suite -- which couldn't have been more perfect for our little get-away to celebrate a birthday. After eating lunch in Portsmouth, we drove to the Wentworth and checked in, braving the wild winds and sideways rain, and discovered that our suite was absolutely going to fit the bill with the two big bedrooms (one upstairs) and a full kitchen and living room downstairs with a view of the water. Originally we had thought we would spend the later afternoon in town, but the weather was such a detriment, we found ourselves so happy that our accommodations allowed us enough room to actually "hang" out. We ate at the restaurant, Salt, and it was delicious. We had trouble with the iPad docks (we wanted to listen to music) and we called the front desk and someone came down and assured us we weren't all technically-deficient, both of the alarm clock/iPad docks from both bedrooms weren't working, but she had brought another one, so we were all set. Great service! The next morning we awakened to snow and ice, but it was so beautiful to gaze out at the water, we truly didn't want to leave. Ever!

Room Tip: The marina suites are roomy and on two floors, providing more than ample privacy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Let me start by complimenting the staff, who were all accommodating and professional, as one would expect from a place of this reputation. I was, however, quite disappointed in the room. It was located at the extreme end of a very long corridor (with little waves in it) and the view was far from what I was expecting (mostly a roof below us and a wall taking up most of the left side). About a third of the view looked out on a piece of an inlet (no ocean at all).
The carpet had a big stain on it, the bathroom was rather cramped, especially in the way the door opened almost up against the toilet. The television had no real features, such as pause, fast-forward or reverse, and a very mediocre channal selection. The temperature control was pretty noisy for this level of accommodation.
The king-size bed was quite comfortable and, of course, spacious, and the room was a decent size.
Out first night there (out of three) we ate dinner at the hotel and were very disappointed. I ordered the tenderloin, cooked medium, It was edible but neither tender nor medium (way overdone). When I was asked how everything was I told the man how I ranked the meal and was offered a free desert as compensation which I declined). My wife's pork chop was apparently OK because she had no complaints about her meal, and she is usually fussier than I. Needless to say, we did not eat there again.
My wife's spa treatment was outstanding, according to her, so the stay was not all below expectations, but for the price of the room, dinner, etc. I was far from impressed and would not go back at those prices.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
WentworthByTheSea, General Manager at Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your previous stay with us at Wentworth by the Sea. We understand that you were disappointed in the view and that the restaurant experience was not up to par. We will be reviewing your feedback with our team as it is valuable in providing better experiences to our guests. We do hope that we have an opportunity to make this up to you in the future.

Best regards,
Michael O'Shaughnessy
Round Pond, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

outstanding hotel and restaurant , have stayed here a couple of time just fantastic. great location on the ocean to walk and sightsee. spa treatments are top notch highly recommend, If your looking for a relaxing weekend not to far from home good place to start

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel is well appointed without being stuffy. I've stayed with my family a couple of times here. THe staff is lovely, especially in the restaurant. The building is warm and comforting and the pool and exercise room more than adequate. I would highly recommend this place for a relaxing get away or small family gathering.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for an ocean view, the view to Goat Island is perhaps nicer.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed for the last weekend in March. We had a king suite 423 really quiet and 2 full baths. The bedroom is between the 2 baths insulating the hall noise. Ate in the renovated restaurant Salt. The food was good but the dining room can get very loud. Don't sit under the domed ceiling it's even louder. I personally liked the old restaurant before the renovation. The bar is nice but not to much in the way of good old bar menu.
Have stayed many times in the past and will in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Montague, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I checked into Wentworth Ny The Sea for a quick getaway weekend. It is hard to imagine a better place to unwind. The room was well appointed and extremely comfortable. It was bitterly cold so we opted to stay in and eat in at Salt. The meals were uniformly pleasant; the charcuterie was fantastic. There have been a number of somewhat mixed reviews of the restaurant bringing up issues such as ambiance, service and acoustics. I'm inclined to think that since the restaurant was recently remodeled the mixed reviews are from people that had an expectation of what the place had formerly been like. I found the space relaxing, enjoyable and the service excellent. Taking a seat at the end of the bar, which is effectively a chef's table, made for a wonderful Saturday evening meal.

We will be back whenever work and family life becomes too grinding and a mini-vacation is in order.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was looking for a quiet night in a luxury hotel. A busy business week had passed. When requesting a quiet room, the Front Desk staff went right to work. I was give an end-facing room on the top floor. I could see the might Atlantic Ocean from my window. The bath? An elegant bear-claw tub and a walk-in shower. Most of the quests seemed to also be there for peace and quiet. The pool was nice, yet needs better ventilation. I tried to read the Wall Street Journal pool side, yet the stuffy air in the enclosed pool area made me go back to my room.

Mary, Guest Services Navigator, was very helpful. She is well-versed about the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor for peace and quiet.
Green Features: Towels changed when requested. So too are the bed linens. Heavy glass cups in the room. Not plastic throw-aways.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!