As soon as we approached this property we were smiling! I had read some reviews that were not so favorable and I was a little worried. Having just spent 5 nights at the Wentworth I don't understand those reviews. My husband is a platinum member of Marriott and has stayed in many Marriott properties. He was very pleased with this property and said it is not like any Marriott he has stayed in. It is not owned by Marriott but rather run by Marriott. We were in room 403 which had a water view and was in the main building. The room was a good size for 3 of us (2 double beds), clean and nicely decorated- very comfortable! The food in the concierge lounge was exceptional! The staff in the concierge lounge were very helpful and really nice! The outdoor pool and the indoor pool both have hot tubs as well and are very pretty, clean and the water temperature was perfect! My husband golfed at the very close Wentworth By the Sea country club and had a great day, while my daughter and I had a Spa visit. The Spa is OK not one of the best we have been to. It is very close to the indoor pool and you can hear the kids in the pool, not relaxing when having a message.
The new Salt restaurant has an fabulous view. We ate here 2 times during our stay. The first night the sun was setting and it was an incrediable shade of pink, like something in a magazine!
The decor is really pretty. The staff works hard to please but needs to smooth things out. Glasses are always dropping at the bar and everyine seems frazzled! Staff is very young and seems inexperienced. The food is good but not up to the quality of the atmosphere and prices.
Overall Wentworth is a beautiful property and we would return!
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth By The Sea, a Marriott Hotel
- Wentworth By The Sea, a Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Wentworth By The Sea, a Marriott Hotel New Castle
- Wentworth Sea Nh
- Marriott Hotel New Castle
- Marriott New Castle
- Wentworth Sea
- New Castle Marriott
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.