“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Castle
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I am not sure how many people really know about this spot in Portsmouth NH. I had heard about it, but had to check it out for myself. Went for a girls weekend. The setting is spectacular with gorgeous water views! And I was there in November. The service is excellent; the staff really pay attention to your needs and make sure you are comfortable and having a good time! We encounterd Ashley (Restaurant), Jen (Roosevelt's bar) and George (Conceirge) and cannot say enough about their service. So friendly and helpful.The spa is a dream. If you want relaxation, this is the place to go! When you visit, you must try the outdoor hot tub!! It was wonderful and we didn't even notice it was November!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Wakefield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Truly one of our favorite places. This is our 'quick' escape. Easily under an hour from Boston's North Shore...an amazing alternative to the Cape, Maine or Vermont. Really great views. Exceptional service. Sunday Brunch is unbelievable, don't plan any other meals for the day. Ice sculptures, seafood, carving stations...and the food is fantastic. From a born and bred New Englander your can trust me here... the Lobster Bisque (if you eat in the restaurant) is THE best anywhere and made with Brandy or Cognac!!!! The lounge is 'old' New England with dark wood and a fireplace. Lounge entertainment is the best, catch Scarlet Keys who is local but cut her teeth in Nashville and even has her own CD (which is fantastic easy listening). Pool area has oversized colums and has been redone recently... my wife loves the spa! Rooms are good but the hotel is excellent and unmatched for scenery, price, quality and proximity to Boston for a quick vacation retreat.

Room Tip: Rooms facing front will offer the best water views but even the back of the property has views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lowell, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The view from the room overlooked the marina and the bay. The concierge desk was very helpful in giving us pointers of places to eat in Portsmouth and to rent kayaks. They were also able to make dinner reservations at the Marina, even though it is first-come seating for the terrace.The pool with waiter service was awesome. We had the breakfast package and the buffet was pretty good. They kept running out of food and they were undermanned, but good enough. We had a mid-week stay, the week before Labor Day. No issues with crowds anywhere we went. We'd go back again.

Room Tip: Paying extra for water view really not worth it. Go for what's available.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

An exquisite hotel near Portsmouth. We stayed here for our friends' wedding and had an incredible time. The hotel is waterside and conveniently located near Portsmouth. The entire establishment is first class - from the rooms, to the complementary coffee in the lobby to the service. Stay here - you will enjoy every moment!

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wow. That is my biggest feeling about this hotel. It is so impressive, well maintained and just gorgeous, I don't even know where to start! I came here with my Mother this past weekend for a spa day for her birthday, we did not stay over but we spent a few hours there, including a lunch at the lobby restaurant/lounge. The outside was decorated in amazing fall decorations, the grounds were meticulous and the porches were so clean and comfortable with tons of chairs, couches and other places to sit with a great view all around. The lobby was also inviting, every aspect well taken care of and clean with a great lobby lounge with couches, comfy chairs and high tables. We ate there and had a great meal with a friendly server. The spa experience, I have to say, was a 10. I have been to so many spas and this one stood out! The amenties were great, a quiet lounge room with tea, water and crackers, full usage of the pool/hot tub and an OUTDOOR hot tub on a balcony, an extremely modern locker room with anything you could need...I was blown away. The staff didn't miss a beat, the woman who checked us in was so pleasant and Pamela, who gave me my pedicure went above and beyond. I have already started to recommend this hotel to everyone I've talked to about it, I wish I could go back already! 10 out of 10!!

Room Tip: Did not stay over night
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the first time this Fall. The hotel was decorated for the season beautifully. We were greeted by friendly staff members at the door as well as at the front desk. Our room wasn't very large but certainly adequate. The bathroom on the other hand was quite large. After returning from a pleasant day of shopping/leaf peeping we were a little unnerved to find the door to our room ajar. A quick call was made to the front desk where the clerk apologized. She transferred me to the manager on duty who again apologized and offered dinner on the hotel that evening. Luckily nothing was missing and the scrumptious dinner helped us to forget the incident before it ruined our day. On that note...the waitress was pleasant, efficient and attentive but not intrusive. The bread that was served before dinner was to die for. The Wentworth by the Sea is on our "must return to list".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Weston, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed at Wentworth by the Sea (in a regular room) for the first time this past summer....a positive enough experience that we found ourselves heading back. This time had a totally different experience as we were upgraded to a marina suite. What a treat! Two floors, complete kitchen, gorgeous views of the marina. Everything exactly right. If you can afford a suite (and we normally can't) it's a really great spot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!