“PRIME RIB” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Deering, New Hampshire
“PRIME RIB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had a date night at Molly's Restaurant and it was excellent! Food was wonderful. Waiter was fantastic and the atmosphere was relaxing and clean along with a warm feeling!

Visited October 2013

New Boston, New Hampshire
“Good food, terrible service, lot of overnturn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Not many choices in the area so Molly's Tavern is a pretty big hot spot. It usually gets pretty crowded on a nightly basis. However, I dont think it is because it is so good, I think it is because it provides a friendly atmosphere, you will always see at least one person you know, and it does have a nice at home feel to it.

I've never been blown away by the food but I've also never had a bad meal. Its on average to slightly above. What kills this place is the service. Some of the summer staff is nice but the bartenders and Tavern side waitresses just seem like they could care less and dont want to be working at all. No smiles, no personality, just always angry. Im sorry but when I get a table at a tavern where I frequent often and it takes 45 minutes for the waitress on a slow night to notice I am empty...It really doesnt make me wanna come running back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milford, New Hampshire
“I can't wait to go back again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I made our first of what will be many, visits to Molly's last evening. My wife had the The Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos and I the Red Snapper. I would HIGHLY recommend either dish. The wine list was nice, not extensive, but nice and the atmosphere and setting were very New England. The main Resturant is an old barn with many small sitting areas up and around corners and up and down stairs. Very unique! I think I will try the prime rib next visit!

Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Average to Good; not much choice in the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Went here for Mother’s day and this is our second time here. The first time was okay and wanted to give them a chance with a second visit before commenting. This restaurant has changed names several times and is in the little town of New Boston NH and overlooks a small stream and is housed in an old house/barn. While we liked the rustic New England feel of the restaurant, the amount of dead bugs and hornets in the windows was apparently not something they must worry about cleaning. The grounds were nice and appeared pretty well kept and would be nice for outside seating or for a group outing would be nice.

We had the brunch both times and the second time they actually had more choices from the buffet than they did the first time, which was good to see as the first time it appeared to be a little barren. Not sure if this is a problem for them, but the food always seemed tepid or cold no matter what they served it in but was average to good taste wise. While the choices were okay, some of the stuff is obviously right out of cartons and frozen especially the deserts.

The service was good and we even had mimosas and blood marys. Try to ask for seating on the main floor if you don’t like climbing stairs. We’ll give it a try again down the road and hope it can get better because there isn’t a lot in the area and it really is right on the verge of being good!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Massachusetts
“Very good food at reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Very nice bar atmospere with great service. I had the tuna fish tacos with rice and beans fo 14 bucks, lots of food and good. Beer was cheap with a good selection. Although i ate at the bar on a Wednesday night the restaurant was pretty full.

• Visited January 2013