“FOR THE SECOND CHRISTMAS IN A ROW THIS WAS OUR HOME!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Nashua Hotel

You added Radisson Nashua Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Nashua Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Tara Boulevard, Nashua, NH 03062 (Formerly Sheraton Nashua Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 25%
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Nashua
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“FOR THE SECOND CHRISTMAS IN A ROW THIS WAS OUR HOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I live on Martha's Vineyard. Our younger son lives in Connecticut and our older son works in Lowell, Massachusetts. Because we like a change of scenery, AND because I have stayed at this hotel dozens of times, this has become our home away for home for the Holidays! First of all, I always make our reservations well in advance. That way we are guaranteed a room. Second, I inevitably get great offers from Radisson by email, especially for staying at the same facility for two or more nights in a row. This gives me the opportunity to simply cancel the older, more expensive, reservation and make a new one. I ALWAYS call ahead a week or more in advance, introduce myself, and let them know that the hotel will be my family's base of operations for Christmas. They have always given us the BEST accommodations. This week the four of us opened our presents and had Christmas dinner in the room with room to spare. The building has been around longer than I've lived in New England (20+ years), but they continue to maintain it well, and the ambience of a Tudor castle, especially when it is snow-covered, never fails to please! You can't go wrong with the facilities or the prices, and if you are having a problem DO NOT hesitate to let the management know. It seems everyone is empowered to make your stay the best it can be.

Room Tip: Unless you want to pay for the Concierge Level (7th Floor), request a room on the front of the sixth...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Winchester, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The employees were incredibly friendly. We had bad wather coming and had to check out early and even though we didn't check out until 5 pm we were credited for that day and the 2 extra days we were staying. They also went above and beyond to get us a early check in b/c we were traveling with 3 children when we arrived ahead of schedule!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bailey W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the review on tripadvisor, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back in the furture!

Best regards,

Vanessa Welz
Front Office Manager
Fredericton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This has been our 5th year staying at this hotel; visiting the US for black Friday from Canada. The change of management was evident. For starters, we tried to contact the hotel numerous times as all other years the manager had always told us to contact him when we are coming to town and he would always take care of us. Also, since we always leave good reviews on sites like Trip Advisor in the past. The last year, we booked 5 nights and the manager left us breakfast vouchers which were greatly appreciated. Even reached out to main website in which they told us to contact the hotel directly. We did and had to leave a voicemail message and emailed the website address again and they said that management would contact us in 48 hours. Never did. I’m not one to usually complain but have to mention the bedding which we have experienced every year but forget until we stay again. By the 3rd morning, our skin was gaulded due to the sheets I think. To the point, that it hurt to take a shower. But we didn’t complained, just used plenty of lotion. ha ha When asked to have something heated in the microwave at the front desk (which has never been a problem) the guy working the desk said that they don’t have a microwave there. This might be true but just found a lot of changes and the front desk seemed stuffy. Sad, cause we do like this hotel and the area that it’s in but not sure if we will stay here again? Hope whoever reads this realizes that this is the first time that I have ever left a review and I consider myself someone who doesn’t complain that often. Especially, on small things. I have even convinced other to travel to Nashua from NB, Canada which is about a 7 hour drive as we usually have an awesome time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am a Silver Elite Member of Club Carlson and I stayed at the Radisson Nashua in Mid November. I redeemed 28,000 points for my stay at this Hotel.

The Hotel is located about an hour and a half north of Boston right off Route 3 (3A). It looks like a castle retreat hidden among tall forest trees. There is a large reflecting pond downhill from the Hotel, where guests also park. And there is plenty of parking.

Front desk greeted me warmly and told me about their nightly Free Buffet during Happy Hour (beginning at 4:30 PM) in the Hotel grill. I was given a room on the Fourth floor at the far end of the hall overlooking the top of the Grill. There are 3 elevators for guests to use.

My room was spacious with a huge King size bed. And plenty of pillows including 2 body pillows!! Desk and chair provided. Sleeper Sofa and Sitting Chair also in the room. Large Flat Screen TV with HBO made me smile. Large bath with faucet sink and enclosed shower with Rainfall showerhead. Separate vanity area with faucet sink outside the bath area. Very rare feature for a hotel. Two free bottles of water were much appreciated. The nice touch was getting a call from front desk, asking me if the room was adequate. YES!!

I went to the Shade Bar & Grill for happy hour. It was empty when I arrived at 4:30 PM.
And the free Buffet was not ready. But within 10 minutes Melissa, the chef, finished readying herself at the made-to-order buffet station. I ordered Torellini with white sauce and stir fried veggies topped with fresh Parmesan cheese. It was hot and delicious and free!! Washed it down with Stella Artois Draft that I charged to my room.

The few problems I found are that water in the shower took a long while before it warmed up and became hot. Same issue with faucets. The tapestry effect on my window looking out on the parking lot was tattered and in need of repair. (It adds to the Castle Look from the outside).

I slept soundly with no noise from the nearby road. The temperature was easily controlled using the heater below the window. Definitely will consider staying here again if my travel plans come through Nashua.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the freeway for better views. And facing the pond!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson this past weekend for three night for a shopping trip to the Merrimack outlets. I was a little scared based on some of the reviews and it's overall ranking on Tripadvisor. When we arrived it was obvious there was a large function going on with many walking around the interior/exterior of the hotel with red solo cups. Turns out there was a large dart tournament taking place. Quite a sight to say the least. Not sure who the front desk attendant was but she was more than accommodating with providing us with a king room on the top floor to assist with staying away from the noise. The room was nice and spacious. My wife and I are very picky on the cleanliness of hotel rooms we stay in and we can't say anything negative on this aspect. I wasn't a big fan of the Sleep Number bed but some may like it. The hotel is centrally located with only a few minute drive to downtown Nashua and a ten minute drive to the outlets. If you're in town to shop spend your time at the outlets as the deals at the mall and stores in Nashua are few and far between. We received a great rate of $65/night on hotwire and was very happy with the hotel for this rate but likely wouldn't stay at the hotel for much higher as there are better hotels around for comparable rates.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Loudon, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

After 12 million in complete upgrades and luxurious renovations, I am happy to say.... I was very impressed with the overall unity of color and decor of this Southern, NH hotel. It is gorgeous with 25,000 square feet of roomy, and seamless event space. With full amenities and grand overnight accommodations, the 334 guestrooms will surely please.

Trust me, after 20 years working in the hotel industry for private and public venues like Crowne, Marriott, Sheraton, Holiday and all, this hotel is top-notch.

Come see for yourself, have dinner is Shade Bar & Grill, you will not be disappointed. @BarbTAndersonNH

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights to be off a highway close to the outlets. The hotel is in a great location. Newly renovated rooms and nice but not wow! Beds were comfortable....the bathroom a bit small but had 2 sinks...one inside the bathroom and the other outside, very convenient with kids. There is a pool and this hotel is very popular for receptions. Nothing negative to say but it's a clean hotel and good for a few nights if you want convenience and good reasonable rates.

Room Tip: Stay away from forms near reception halls might be noisy
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Nashua Hotel? Share your experiences!