“PUBIC HAIRS in the bathroom and on the bed sheets” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Nashua Hotel

You added Radisson Nashua Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Nashua Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Tara Boulevard, Nashua, NH 03062 (Formerly Sheraton Nashua Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 25%
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Manchester, New Hampshire
“PUBIC HAIRS in the bathroom and on the bed sheets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I wrote the following e-mail letter of complaint and have not heard anything back from either the local Radisson or their Corporate Office.

My husband and I checked into the Radisson late on September 4, 2013. We were assigned room 544. I had a very long day of traveling, unpacked my bags, used the toilet and made many unsavory observations. There was a curly, dark colored hair stuck to the toilet room door. There were hairs on the toilet room floor, some of them pubic hair. Needless to say, I was pretty disgusted. There were candy wrappers in one of the trash pails. One had a liner, the other did not. One of the chairs in the seating area of the room was noticeably open at the seam. I called Amanda at the front desk who was most gracious and offered a room change. I was so tired at that point that I declined. I washed up, put on my nightclothes and climbed into bed. On the bed sheet upper corner, near the edge, on the side of the bed table, was another curly, dark colored hair. At that point, I called Amanda again and asked if I could take her up on her offer to move to another room upon awakening on September 5, 2013. We were assigned room 632. Room 632 was nothing special, it was horrible actually. I expressed this to Jennifer at the front desk, told her of our previous day's experience and she offered to change our room again. Additionally, I gave her a folio that was found in room 544, belonging to a guest named R----- Q------ of 700 Elm Street, Manchester, NH 03101, United States, arrival date, 07-20-13, departure, date 07-21-13, Conf. No. 1450412, Cashier No. 22, Room $60.00, Occupancy tax 9% $5.40, Total $65.40 with a date and timestamp of 07-21-13 @ 04:21:57 EST. How could a folio have remained in the room from July 21st to September 4th? It speaks to how poorly these rooms are cleaned. On September 6th we were given a new room assignment. We woke up, packed up relocated back to room 544, went to breakfast and on to tend to a full day of appointments. We didn't inspect the room before going on our way and foolishly assumed that it had been properly cleaned. We arrived back at the room after a long day of house hunting. I used the toilet. Much to my amazement, the same hairs remained on the floor and door of the toilet room. I called the front desk and reported this finding to Jennifer. I asked if a manager was available and requested they come to my room. Vanessa came by and I pointed out the hairs. Vanessa cleaned them up and apologized profusely. She said we would be treated royally for the rest of our visit and said she would have our money refunded for one day of our stay. I thanked her and began to gather my paperwork for the next day's house hunting. I washed and put on my nightclothes. I turned down the bed covers. The sheets were wrinkled and the very same hair that I observed on September 4th was still on the bed sheet. The sheets were never changed! I have the photographs for your observation. I often report on my travel and dining experiences, both good and bad, to Trip Advisor and photograph nearly everything. The sheets were never changed after we vacated the room on September 5th. I was incredulous. I called Jennifer who offered to send housekeeping up to the room to change the sheets. Sarah from housekeeping came to the room with one flat sheet and one fitted sheet. I advised her that both beds needed changing. She left and went to retrieve another set of sheets. When she returned, she told me she wasn't very good at making beds. I helped her make the first bed. While doing so I expressed that the air conditioning was not working. She called a building maintenance gentleman. We proceeded on to the second bed. The maintenance man came up to the room just as Sarah removed the sheets from the second bed. A smell akin to dirty socks permeated the room. I looked at the maintenance man as he looked at me and I said, "Yes, that odor is coming from the mattress." The look on his face was that of amazement and horror as was mine. Frankly, I was surprised that the sheets were capable of suppressing that hideous odor. I'm disgusted beyond belief at this point and at a total loss for words or solutions short of leaving the Radisson and losing money I can ill afford. I don't want to get into that filthy bed. I'll take a power nap in the chair that isn't coming apart at the seams. The phone at the desk in the room is dead. I unplugged and re plugged the cord at both the phone and wall jack with no result. Both phones in the room are mislabeled with the wrong room number. There's no toner in the printer in the business center and there hasn't been any for days I have been told by the Front Desk Staff. I'm not sure where the problem lies with this property. Is it Corporate or Local Management or lacking staff or poor training or all of the above? I have to survive two more days in this abomination and I'm horrified.
The e-mail was sent to acting General Manager Mr. A. Hallak who I'm informed by staff is also the owner of the property. To date, nobody has had the courtesy or courage to reply to my e-mail complaint.

Room Tip: Don't stay at any room at the Radisson. Sleep in your car if you have to. AVOID THIS HOTEL AT AL...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bailey W, Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear, Mrs. Hanna,

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience that we have caused you during your stay at our hotel. We have no excuses to offer except our sincere apology. we have tried to contact you numerous times on your 303 area code phone, yet we were unable to do so as the phone is no longer in service.

Please feel free to contact the General Manager at 603-888-9970 to discuss this incident further.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Essex, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our stay at the Nashua Radisson was pleasant, but not earth-shattering. A large facility that obviously caters to events (wedding receptions, banquets, and the like). Our room was comfortable, but displayed a need for a make over. Particularly, the bathroom. We chose not to use the shower/tub enclosure because the tub surface had permanent staining, and the grab bars showed signs of permanent staining as well. Two things stood out in the remainder of the facility. All common areas had many large windows, and it was obvious they needed cleaning! Yikes they were dirty. Another spot caught our eye. On the first floor, opposite the dining room was a large reception room (with very dirty windows). A door was left open to the room's wet bar, and all we saw was filth. The sinks, floor, and surface areas needed immediate cleaning. We only hope it was cleaned prior to the next function.

Room Tip: Find any room that doesn't have a noisy A/C unit. Ours was so bothersome, we shut it off and op...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments on trip advisor, we truly take all guest comments and suggestions seriously and take action accordingly. Now that our room renovation is complete 100%, we are going to take care of the little details that were overlooked as you have mentioned.

Albany, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Needed to spend the night in this area. It is easy on and off Route 3 to the hotel and not far down the road from area with shopping and food. Also very close to business office park. The hotel and grounds look like a castle from the outside but the inside is not quite as nice. Our room was fine and the price paid was very reasonable. Dined at the onsite sports bar that had a varied casual menu and everyone enjoyed their meal. Returned in the AM for hot breakfast buffet which was also good. Fitness area was on far side of building past indoor pool. Plenty of equipment but in older area. Due to reasonable.price, convenience, and availability of onsite dining, we would return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words on your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback. The Health Club went through an extensive renovations. All the equipment and machines are brand new including the wall and flooring. Please come back to enjoy our new look.

Best Regards,

Hotel Management.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

When traveling to Nashua for a friend's wedding, I was searching through various web sites to find decent lodging for one evening. I stubbled upon this, remembering seeing the majestic-looking castle facade from Route 3 many years in the past. I decided to give it a go!

The outside is majestic. The interior is well-polished. My room was...average. The bed was comfy, but the heating was shoddy, as the night was a little bit cooler prior to us getting walloped by the Halloween Snowstorm of 2011. (Remember that? Oy...) Though I spent ample time fidgeting with buttons and switches, I decided to call it a night and snuggle into the (thankfully) warm and cozy sheets and comforters. In the morning, the heat popped on, about an hour prior to me checking out. (Of course...)

Also, the walls are very thin. I could have easily transcribed the entire conversation of my next door neighbors had I wanted to.

I partook in a continental breakfast that was decent in parts, inedible in others. It was made en masse without much thought, clearly; just a breakfast for the masses.

Glad I was able to find this nice place to crash, but I'd be tempted to stay elsewhere should I make an subsequent visits to that area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Allison,

Thank you for staying at our Radisson Nashua hotel. We truly appreciate your business, we also appreciate the feedback that you have left us. It is only through feedback like your that we are able to improve our service and guest satisfaction. We hope you'll visit us again soon to prove to you that we do listen to our guest.

New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

the rooms were fairly clean. the vacuum job could have been a little better. my only thing i found odd was there were no towel bars to hang towels and you had to get under the shower to turn it on. Other then that it was nice. i would stay again.

Room Tip: call to make sure you get the room you reserved as i was told booking through expedia did not secure...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time with Trip Advisor review. We truly appreciate your time and feedback. It's only through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our service, cleanliness and guest satisfaction.

We hope to see you soon to prove to you that we listen to our guest and their suggestions.

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is a solid choice if traveling in the Nashua area. Checkin is simple and early checkin is usually not a problem. Rooms are large and comfortable although bathrooms are a bit on the small side.
Fitness center and pool, while a bit of a long walk, are prety good - ther are pools both indoor and outdoor.
Restaurant is decent with a good selection of hearty food. Eat and drink early though, because it shuts down!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the lovely comments and feedback. We truly appreciate your business and hope you get to visit us again soon.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

About 40 plus minutes NW of downtown Boston. Worth not staying downtown. Restaurant open until midnight! Pleasant personnel. Quiet surroundings. Two minutes to interstate ramp to Boston. Plenty of free parking. But lot is dark. But a quiet safe feeling office park setting.

• Stayed August 2013
We greatly appreciate your lovely and kind compliments to our hotel and staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Hotel Management

Been to Radisson Nashua Hotel? Share your experiences!