“THEY'RE WORKING THROUGH AN OVERALL RENOVATION, BUT THEY STILL COME THROUGH!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Nashua Hotel

Save Saved
You added Radisson Nashua Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Nashua Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Tara Boulevard, Nashua, NH 03062 (Formerly Sheraton Nashua Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 25%
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Nashua
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“THEY'RE WORKING THROUGH AN OVERALL RENOVATION, BUT THEY STILL COME THROUGH!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife, my youngest son (23), and I traveled from our home on Martha's Vineyard to visit my middle son (24) in Tyngsborough, Massachusetts, for Christmas, 2012. The closest "name brand" hotel, and one at which I had stayed over twenty times on business trips, was the Radisson Nashua Hotel. Because we had planned some family activities in our room the Radisson team was kind enough to upgrade us to a suite. First of all, we awoke to snow on Christmas morning (I can't give Radisson credit for the snow, but it didn't hurt!). The suite was extraordinary with a living room with a table and chairs, a coffee table, three lounge chairs, and a wet bar which included a built-in refrigerator and microwave oven. There was a full bath and a 3/4 bath. Like the living room the bedroom had a large wall-mounted flat screen TV. In the bedroom was a king bed, desk, work chair, dresser, and a chaise lounge somewhat akin to one on which you might expect Liz Taylor, as Cleopatra, to entertain Richard Burton. The mind reels at the possibilities! Finally, the master bath had a jacuzzi sized for, at least, two and a walk-in shower. Although the Concierge Floor where I usually stay was under full renovation, and even some of the rooms on our floor were undergoing the same, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were as quiet as a churchmouse and the staff was as attentive as they had always been during my previous stays. I look forward to returning and hope my treatment will be as royal as it was this time!

Room Tip: The Concierge Level is the place to be, if it is available, but it will usually cost a bit extra. I...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights and were told when we checked in that the floor we were on was one of the renovated rooms. It was quite nice and clean, however, if you are looking to have a good night's rest, forget about it! You can hear everything from the room beside you. You can hear their conversations very clearly, their television, EVERYTHING! They need major soundproofing to be done, asap!

Room Tip: Ask to sleep in a room where there are no guests beside you!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
DearCatmaz,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay at my hotel. We truly appreciate your comments and your thoughtful feedback. While I am very pleased with the fact that you scored our service five-star, I was disappointed to see your night was not as restful as we would have liked. We are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience and will see what we might do to address your particular situation.

Thanks once again for your feedback.

Houlton, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here a few months ago and the kids loved staying at the castle hotel. So, for my son's 3rd birthday, we returned. At check in the staff was less than friendly. Feeling as though the lady was pretending to be nice. Hubby had asked for some extra blankets and instead of providing them or sending them up, she told him there were already extras provided in the room. We loaded up our cart and headed to our room. We had asked for a room close to the pool. Not realizing the pool was a looooong ways away. Instead, we got a room at the very end of the hall on the 5th floor. Only way we could've gotten further away is if we were up another floor. The girl at the desk had said we were in one of the newly renovated rooms. In theory, we loved that. However, my kids were quite disappointed in the changes. Honestly, the room didn't look a whole lot different except they did notice that the lamps with the secret keys were gone. They liked everything seeming so magical on our last trip with staying in a castle and these magic keys. To them the possibilities were endless. And now they were replaced with more modern (boring) lamps. The beds are horrible! The first night I got hardly any sleep. I couldn't get the bed to feel just right. Either it felt way too soft or way too hard. Couldn't find a middle ground. The next night I slept on the pull out sofa and slept so much better. The front desk lady was friendly with me when we went looking for the pool. She guided us in the right direction. Not sure exactly how far away it really was, but felt like a very long way. Down to the basement and then down several halls before getting there. Kinda disappointed that there was only one small area for families to swim. The rest was blocked off for swimming laps. I did like they had locker rooms so you didn't need to be dressed in your swimsuit walking that far to the pool. On the first night, we had bought the kids some little flash lights to use in the room at bedtime...just something fun. But, you needed a screw driver to get the battery compartment open. My son and I went to the desk to ask if they had a screwdriver. They didn't right there but a maintenance guy was walking by. I had the batteries in hand, but he took it "out back" to see if he had a screwdriver. He came back with the flashlight with batteries already in it. So that was nice. At that time, I also asked for extra blankets again and she sent someone up with some.

"I" wouldn't want to stay at this property again. I was disappointed with the new renovations, how far away the pool was, how horrible the beds were that I couldn't get a good nights sleep (and that's what you want in a hotel) and being unfriendly at check in. I'm sure the kids would want to stay here just because the place looks like a castle from the outside.

Room Tip: Request room by elevator or you'll be walking for a long time getting to your room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Mom254kats,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay at the hotel. I appreciate you choosing the hotel to celebrate your special occasion. I have reviewed your comments regarding your reception at the hotel, with the Front Desk team and will make certain future guests do not have similar experiences.

It is great of you to recognize the efforts of our engineer and houseman and the service they provided. Occasionally, the “behind the scenes” associates do not get an opportunity to impress our guests, face-to-face, and I know they enjoy it when they occur.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to write and look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Regards,

New Milford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel despite it being under renovation at the time of the business conference. The staff were over the top helpful and friendly. The renovation activity was obvious (and a real upgrade to the facility), but not nearly as bothersome as one might expect. The work crews were tidy and relatively quiet -- work was finished by dinner time and I didn't notice any noise in the morning at all. The hotel is generously equipped with lounge, restaurant, pool and workout rooms, etc. It was a great location for the regional conference I attended. While I have a strong personal preference for Hilton branded properties, I would definately stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
PaulSafety-

Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Radisson Nashua. I am thrilled to hear that you had a successful conference and very pleased to see you comments about the staff.

Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Sean
Keene, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It has been a few years since I have stayed at this hotel and it was under different management. I booked based on the Radisson name. BEWARE!

This is a very old property that is under renovation. Even taking that into account, the place is really beat. The carpets in the halls and the guest room I stayed in were gross. Dirty and stained!

When renovations are taking place, usually most places do not have guest staying in the part of the hotel that is being worked on. If you like exposed electrical wiring, open ceilings, walls with holes in the sheetrock, then this is the place to come.

I had booked a room with a king size bed to walk into the assigned room to find 2 doubles. Upon calling the desk, I was told that because I booked through a third party reservation services, that they make the request but do not have to be honored. Worse part of it all was that there were a number of other hotels in the same city that were much cheaper. They said there were no king rooms available because of renovations. So why did the computer say there were???

TRAVELERS BEWARE! This place looks like a bomb went off and the friendly person at the front desk wasn't able to do anything except smile!

Room Tip: Look at another hotel until work is completed...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Bryant A,

Thanks for taking the time to comment about your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that you were inconvenienced by our refurbishment. We are all very excited about the progress we are making as every day brings new and exciting steps toward our completion. We are doing everything we can to spare our guests any inconveniences as we work through this.

I do appreciate your kind comments regarding the front desk staff and hope that you will have an opportunity to return in the very near future.

Thanks once again.

Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed here for a two-night weekend and I was very disappointed. As other guests and reviewers have stated the condition of the hotel during the renovation is horrible. Halls look like they are falling apart. I stayed on the fourth floor on what was supposed to be one of their newly renovated rooms. I don't know who is in charge of the renovations but I can tell you they are doing a terrible job. The bathroom wallpaper was coming off, furniture was had scratches, outside windows were dirty, floor was not vacuumed, etc., etc. I couldn't find the sleep number beds they raved about in their brochures. I was totally disappointed.

Another thing that someone else mentioned before: BEWARE you can hear everything that goes on outside on the hallway and in the rooms next to you. I was horrofied of this. Thank God that I only had one neighboor but I could hear their whole conversation. This made me feel very uncomfortable.

It seems that a lot of people stay here to party because you could see people coming in with tons of cases of beer and the next day you would see them in the lobby complaining about the hangovers they had.

I travel a lot because of work and I have stayed at motels that are a lot better than this hotel. So if you need privacy, do not stay here.

Room Tip: Just find a better hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear PricesaLinda –

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at my hotel. I am disappointed that you were inconvenienced by our hotel refreshment and feel badly that your stay was not up to your expectation. Please understand that we aspire to make certain every guest enjoys a comfortable stay with us and will endeavor to make certain future guests do not have similar experiences. Rest assured I have reviewed your comments with the engineering and housekeeping managers to make certain we do a better job going forward.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and hope you will return to see us sometime in the future.

Framingham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I book this hotel through a deal I got from Travel Zoo. When we arrived there out side they were doing construction and it was messy. When we went to guest service they ask for a paper copy of my voucher for the hotel even though it says I can show it from my phone. Then we had to go through a hassle taking a print out for them. We went to the room and it was 2 queen bedroom. I requested a King size. The hotel hallways are all construction wires are hanging, holes on walls ripped carpets and bad smell. They should have not rented out like this. Pool was not clean, no big towels near the pool. I booked this my wife's 25th birthday and it was unpleasant. Finally I got a bill for the room even though I had a voucher. Breakfast was good.
Do not go there until they completely done with construction.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM_Nashua, General Manager at Radisson Nashua Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Chama s-

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. We are very pleased to receive feedback from our guest and strive to continually improve the guest experience from their thoughtful comments. Please understand that we have reviewed your comments with the guest service team as well as the engineering staff to make certain future guests do not have similar experiences.

Thanks once again for your time,

Sean Smith

Been to Radisson Nashua Hotel? Share your experiences!