“Nice place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Nashua
Auburn, Maine
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

NIce Holiday Inn. Not at all like the Holiday Inn I wrote my last review on. Friendly staff, clean hotel, and no $100 preauthorization on my card for incidentals.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Walpole, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We are a family of four with two young children and recently stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Nashua. If you are looking for a well-priced no frills hotel with decent location then this is a hotel you should consider.

We booked a suite with a King-sized bed and our room was extremely spacious, complete with a sofa pull-out bed. The decor in the room left a lot to desired, it was pretty basic and drab in some ways. The bathroom was also quite tight.

The service by the hotel staff was good, check-in was handled swiftly and when we requested some ideas for delivery, restaurant menus were brought to our room in record time. The buffet breakfast was OK, the food decent enough but the buffet was not re-stocked that well the time we were there (10am). There is an outdoor pool that is quite nice and a little courtyard you can walk around in next to it.

Overall we had a pleasant stay, if we are ever in the area again we would consider staying there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stay here for business frequently and have finally found the good rooms...and the staff has always been gracious and accommodating, however they need to address the fitness room and fix the machines. I'm choosing the Crowne Plaza next week so I can have a decent work out. However I had to extend my stay unexpectedly, and they were great and easily extended my stay at my originally booked rate. I'm hoping to hit Platinum status with this stay and I'm curious to see what kind of upgrade is available.
The lack of breakfast is annoying but they usually issue some sort of scratch off ticket when you can get a free breakfast sometimes...they were out of them this stay...hopefully they will correct these issues soon so I can continue to stay as the king executive rooms are great!!! Until they can fix these issues I'll enjoy the workout room at the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Book an exec room for a balcony and fridge!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
amcoelho, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback regarding your recently stay. We take our guests’ concerns very seriously. Such feedback is imperative to better serve our guests and to continue raising our standards of service.

In an effort to provide our guests with the best value possible, we do not always include breakfast in our rates. This allows our guests the flexibility to chose their dining options. We do offer a breakfast package and many of our local companies have breakfast built into their rate as well. Please be sure to mention the reason for your travel when booking, and maybe we can see if the company you are visiting offers this amenity. Though the non-inclusion of breakfast is a hot button- we sincerely hope that you enjoyed the breakfast served to you during your stay.

With all the upgrades we have recently made to our hotel, from floor to ceiling and everywhere in between, our fitness center was among our top priorities. I apologize that some of the equipment was not up to working during your stay, and assure you the issues has been addressed, and the machines are being fixed right away.

I again apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. We want all our guests to feel like part of our Holiday Inn Family, and we hope that you allow us another opportunity to show you our New England Hospitality!

Salzgitter, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I am on business trip for 2 weeks and my way brought me to Nashua NH. Honestly spoken I do not like so much the "classic" Holiday Inn because my memories of them: they are more for my parents but for me (mid 40s)... When I arrived I was so nicely surprised of the warm and cordial welcome. I was treated better with my status than anywhere else even with InterCotinental the mother company. And honestly spoken: with this friendly staff members everywhere they could even accomate me in a tent on a parking with a chemical lavatory and I would enjoy it. The style in the room could be fresher and younger (so... wondering not have the old telephone wheels to dial - sorry I am no native speaker...) but I had everything what I need and much more since I get an upgrade to a ballroom with bed... Any time I am back in Nashua I will return to this place. For sure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stayed here for one night while on business in the northern suburbs of Boston.

This is an older property that has been remodeled, and while not bad, still has the feeling of an older property. It is near the highway, but nor close to any shopping or restaurants, except McDonalds next door.

Small bathrooms, low ceilings in the hallways, and an a very slow elevator. While the room has been updated with a flat screen tv and newer furnishings, it still had the older hotel feel.

Two big pet peeves to report; agonizingly slow internet after the hotel filled up and exterior doors with card access lock didn't lock!

All in all, a decent place for a night, but I would probably look for somewhere else if back in Nashua.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Hartford County CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Positives:
Upon checkin I asked to switch my room to anything other than first floor, and thyey did so without any bit of fuss
Room was large and clean
Most of the staff were friendly and helpful
Restaurant food was very good, especially the Sunday brunch
Kids eat free

Negatives:
Inconvenient location, compared to all other Nashua hotels
Continental breakfast buffet is $8
No indoor pool
Restaurant staff at dinner seemed annoyed that we were even there!

Note: The restaurant has a late night pub and they have live music on the weekends. If you don't want to listen to the band til; midnight, be sure to ask for a room on an upper floor. Sound carries in the hotel like you wouldn't believe.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I get put off easily by being charged for a continental breakfast. I should've read that when I booked the room. Fortunately, there's a McD's next door.

Overall, not a bad hotel. It's somewhere between old and well-remodeled. Two-nighter, and my climate unit didn't stop running throughout. Turning the heat down made it hotter somehow, so I ignored the "Please Use Thermostat On Wall" label and flipped the rotary switch on the unit itself. It's cooling down now, reflected on the Wall Thermostat...but it's still running. 4th floor...heat rises...I don't know. One last gripe about the AC unit. Tonight, there are heavy winds outside. This unit is buzzing like a junebug digesting spicy tacos.

Laundry situation/building layout is funky. Machines are located in the South wing on 1st and 3rd floors. If you're in the opposite wing, that means you will have to return to the first floor, enter the staircase in the lobby, proceed to the laundry, and return to your room. Explains the relatively small exercise room - doing laundry here is a mild cardio workout.

Flatscreen TV's in the rooms + two-stage desk were both nice touches. Beds are decently comfortable. Breakfast...is breakfast at a hotel, but with a bill + tip. Staff is very nice, however. I would likely stay here again. Hopefully I'd get the time to go tour the pirate ship docked in one of the ballrooms.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Nashua? Share your experiences!